logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
C
Zshar-ptitsa

Certainly differences about wanting children can be a reason for divorce. This is a very serious life decision and I would suggest that you spend time thinking and discussing your thoughts with your husband.

You are clearly a very caring person to want to ensure he can fulfill his dream of a family.

Have you sought counseling? Hopfully this could help you and your husband work through these issues and reach the correct decsision for both of you.

There are also many new techniques for dearling with infertility. They can be very expensive and invasive, but certainly something to consider.

I wish you the best of luck.

Caroline Henrich - Divorce Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
L

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
A good reason for a divorce is if one person wants children and the other doesn't. Even if one person thinks he or she can live without the family just to stay married, the issue doesn't ever go away and the result is a lot of hurt and resentment. I am going through a divorce because of this so I know first-hand.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
C
C
Cassie

I wish you the best of luck. I hope you have others to support you during this difficult time.

Caroline

Caroline Henrich - Divorce Editor
Z
Z
Cassie: Yea, see I never wanted children and my husband does. He has always said it does not matter, as long as he has me he'll be happy. Anyway, my husband and I have decided to separate. Its a tough desicion to make but a very nessary one for us I think. Ive changed so much that Im almost 'unrecognisable' to him. We want different things. See, if it were the small differences that were teh issue then we could go to couples counseling and talk them through. Hell, im a trained counselour myself! But its not, its a fundamental issue: Whereare we going with our lives? I want studies and a doctorate, he wants a mate who will raise a family with him. I discovered a few years ago I cant have children naturally. I dont want to undergo fertility treatments as my body is rather broken and UI have no wish to put it through something its fighting. Who knows, maybe in the future but not now!

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
zshar-ptitsa: I am very sorry to hear that you and your husband are separating. Even when the decision is mutual, the process of divorce can be very difficult and painful. I feel for your situation and I wish you well.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
Parakeet
Parakeet
I think everyone has to decide for themselves what a good reason for divorce is. And we should be generous with others if we do not think their reasons are sufficient because they may not be telling the whole story in order to protect others.

I divorced my (first) husband after I finally realized that the counselors were right and he wasn't going to get help for his problems as long as I was around to provide a roof over his head and food on his table. This was against what I believed and how I had been raised (despite the fact that our situation fit the legal requirements for annulment in my state) and it took a long time for me to be willing to take their advice. I'm fairly certain he hates me, but he started getting help and he's doing great.

Julie

Amoeba
Amoeba
[quote=Stephanie L. Watson]What, in your opinion are some good reasons to ask for a divorce? [/quote] hi.............. did you become fully aware that your partner is cheating and you want out because you cannot saty in a marriage that at one point have or had three people included in it? thanks

M
M
I was in love with my husband when we got married but two things happened: he was emotionally destructive and controlling, and didn't accept me for who I was, or appreciate all I did. It was never enough, he was angry, things were volatile. Not a good environment. And we couldn't resolve problems. He would talk things through but he was just giving lip service. When I left, I felt so light, free, happy and I could grow! And I have. This book helped me out a lot: www.askmeaboutmydivorce.com. Full disclosure, it's my book. It's an anthology of essays by 28 different women and their stories really helped me through my own sometimes rocky progress to the current moment, which ROCKS.

A
A
Yeah i dont think divorce is good thing and it is good to find a reason for it once you marry you should not even think of divorce i think it is like committing crime.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.