Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#535584 07/10/09 12:22 AM
I
IH8FMS Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
I
Hi, everyone! I just discovered this place! So pardon me if I get talkity here... I've been writing journals and diaries for 44 years now. I've changed formats many times; started out with a little page-a-day diary book, evolved to blank cloth books, and about 12 years ago, when writing became physically uncomfortable for me, I broke down and started keeping my journal on the computer. I was afraid it wouldn't feel the same, and that I would not be able to get used to it. Well, it's not the same, of course, but it is just as enjoyable in its own way! I started out in Microsoft Word, and gradually, as I learned Word and computers in general, was able to make my own template for my journal. (I wound up sending my template to Microsoft, and it's available on their site for downloading!) I also use a neat program called simply [url=http://www.davidrm.com/]The Journal[/url] The Journal! I don't do blogging; just my personal journal, and it is saved on a flash drive. I don't blog because I'm quite sure no one else would be interested in my writing. It's strictly a "me-thing". My latest fun journaling tool is a netbook! Got a wonderful price on a refurbished Acer- it is just made for my journal writing! Anyone else do the computer journaling or digital diary thing? Be Well, ja

Be Well,
Doxi
Founder & Chief Whiner
S.N.E.R.T.s
Survivors of Nearly Every Rotten Thing
Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
Gecko
Gecko
A
I do maintain several blogs and online journals but I don't have the same mental freedom with those as I do in my personal old-fashioned-hold-it-in-my-hand journal.

I would like to explore some software though that would allow me to journal OFF LINE where I would feel the contents were more private. :-)

Angela <><

Angela England
I
IH8FMS Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
I
I started out in Microsoft Word when I wass still pretty new to computers! I basically pulled up a page and started writing... I learned as I went along, all about different fonts, colors and effects, as well as inserting images. It evolved into my own template, which I eventually sent to Microsoft, where it graces their website! :-) I eventually went on a search for journaling software. There are SO many programs, and each one has its different features. Most have a free trial period, so one can try out the program and see if it fits. Everyone needs and wants something different, so you can still do it your own way! And when I saw this new-to-me refurbished netbook on sale, I simply couldn't resist! It's a perfect size and has all the features I need. I think it was made for journaling!

Be Well,
Doxi
Founder & Chief Whiner
S.N.E.R.T.s
I
IH8FMS Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
I
If anyone is interested in trying a nice FREEWARE journaling program, I recommend this one... BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Be Well,
Doxi
Founder & Chief Whiner
S.N.E.R.T.s
I
IH8FMS Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
I
Okay, what is UBB code?

Be Well,
Doxi
Founder & Chief Whiner
S.N.E.R.T.s
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
We don't allow newbies to come on and start posting links because that is what spammers do smile Once you become a well known poster you'll get the ability to post links.

I tend to journal on paper for privacy, and on line for anything public!

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I just recently started to blog, which I must say I am having a blast with. Now I know this doesn't make sense but as far as journaling I still like my hand held, hand written journal, for I write things in there I want no one else to see. My deepest, darkest secrets and thoughts. But if you think about it my family will most likely read them when I die. So I saw the post on that Freeware and am going to look into that because I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and it gets a little too painful to write at times so I don't put all my thoughts down because it begins to hurt too bad. So maybe I will look into the online journals (oh yeah, the journals are also so pretty that you can handwrite that they catch my eye. Sarah Redhawk

Sarah Redhawk
Shark
Shark
I just downloaded the free trial of this software and I already love it! Time to start saving my money, this is what I have been looking for. I want a journal for me and a way to arrange many of the journal entries into a format to right a book.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
For people who have hand pain, first for writing, I suggest gel pens. I used to have writing by hand because it hurt my hands, and it was amazing to me how much smoother it was with a gel pen! I get ones with squishy barrels so it doesn't hurt my fingers.

If even that is too painful for you, look into Dragon speech recognition software. Then you don't have to type at all. You just talk into the microphone and it transcribes. It does an *awesome* job of it! You can do it in bed even, just lay back and talk, with your laptop by your side smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
I have problems using my computher to journal because I find myself stopping to correct mistakes...and sometimes I want to journal and don't want to wait for the computer to start up.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  kkgarcia 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.