logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
I
I
I had the novasure procedure 4 months ago. didn't work. had a laser ablation 6 years ago...didn't work. I'm so sick of bleeding all the time but I don't want a hysterectomy. This is so frustrating! Because of three c-sections, I can't have laparsscopic. Doctor told me if I had a hysto I would bleed more and it would take a longer surgery. Not making me want one. Has anyone else not had a successful ablation but didn't get a hysterectomy?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
C
Anything I have read and the people I have talk say it can take up to a yr for final results with an ablation just to give you some hope.

A
A
hello ladies, its been a while since i have written anything mainly because i have been doing so great post op. Until today i have had no bleeding nothing-to the point that i forgot to keep track of when i should be getting a period so that i would know if i did bleed it was related to that and nothing else. i woke up this morning had to go potty and there it was, light bleeding i was very surprised. but then that was it. nothing more the rest of the day just mild cramps and a little dark brown spotting almost like old blood. very odd. i am wondering if the body is changing and the lining is starting to grow back-though my gyno said it shouldnt grow back. i just had my pap last week so i think im going to call her and ask if she has had any of her patients start bleeding again after so many months. it will be a year in May that i had the novasure done. i will keep you ladies updated. have all you ladies had normal PAP results after navasure??

C
C
I had Novasure done about 6 monthes ago. I had it done for several reasons. I had painful heavy periods, ovarian cysts, endometriosis and had an abnormal pap. My doctor told me that it was in my best intrest to have this done, it would help with the bleeding and pain and the endometriosis would no longer grow without the lining of my uteris, and that it would get rid of the precancerus cells. Well 6 months later my pap is abnormal again and I have alot of pain and bloating. The pap scares me more that anything. I don't want it to turn to cancer. They said it was the same cells that I had before the novasure. They were in such a hurry to get them out now they want to wait 6 months and repeat a pap. Im not sure what to do I would appreciate ant advice. I went to see my family doctor and he says that waiting will turn it into cancer and he wants me to see a gyno/oncologist. Has anyone else had the novasure for abnormal cells? Please help!

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Newbies, Just want to welcome yous to the forum, We hope that yous enjoy your stay!

Rosie L
J
J
Let me tell you where I am less than a year later...Post Hysterectomy. I had it MArch 17. I ended up with scar tissue causing extreme pain. I knew there was a chance but ya live and learn. I just hate it because Now I have mounting Medical Bills. I ended up with a holein my bladder(Vaginal Fistula). I am now waiting to go back to Uro MAY 19 to see if I can have repair surgery. I have been totally dependant on Adult diapers at 34 years old. If I had it to do over again. I would live with heavy periods. I would only risk Novasure for really extreme cases of heavy bleeding and then I would still have a Hystrectomy. Sorry to seem so Upset but the Novasure was the start of all my problems. I hae been totally isolated from my social life.

D
D
I am new to this site but wanted to share my Novasure issues with you, in the hopes that someone can confirm what I've been experiencing. I had a Hysteroscopy in my provider's office in February 2009 and it showed fibroids as being the reason for my heavy bleeding and some "benign cysts on my ovaries". I also told my provider that in 1999, my previous GYN did laporascopy on me and thought I had endometriosis. What he found was a twisted left ovary, a larger tumor on the outside of my right ovary and uterine polyps. He told me to let future GYNs know this. I did discuss this with my current GYN. He committed to doing the following in an outpatient setting under general anesthesia: Another Hysteroscope, a lap procedure to look inside abdomen, a D&C to remove the fibroids and then Novasure. I got all this warm fuzzy stuff from my provider. I had my surgery 5/15/09 - yes had to wait 3 months with heavy bleeding. When I was moved from recovery to post op, I was given a pain medication I'm allergic to (side effect of making take off my med alert bracelet and the CRNA doing the anesthesia instead of the Doctor.) My GYN never followed up with me or my friend who was there. One reason may be that he did not do the lap procedure, which concerned me. I had to call Doctor next day and he lied - hospital uses beeper like restuarants and hers never went off. He also stated that he would talk about lap procedure at 6 week check up. I immediately was in great pain and vomiting with severe dry heaves. I was wheeled out to pick up area even with severe dry heaves and had to have his office call in tofran. I was like this for two days. I ended up with a respiratory infection and switched to 3 different drugs (The nerve, my GYN asked me if I ever had MRSA.) I asked him why hospital didn't give me a shot for nausea and vomiting when it started and he could not answer that. So now I'm 3 weeks into this procedure. Yes, I had the discharge,etc but now I'm experiencing extreme pain not calmed by ibuprofen or aleive. If I had not already had my appendix out, I'd swear that I have appendicitis. Some pain is very sharp. I don't think I have an infection as I am currently on a broad spectrum anti-biotic. However, It amlost feels like labor pains???? Anyone still having pain several weeks after surgery?

C
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
C
yes at the begining I had really bad pain are you due for your period?that is when it seemed the worst to me It did get better over the course of the first 6 months.Im now about 15 months out and it took about a yr for final results.

A
A
Hello ladies its been a while. I thought I was one of the lucky ones to never have a period again EVER. I was wrong. On May 15th, it was a year since my Novasure Ablation. In March I had my annual exam and pap came back normal. Now today just and hour ago when I go to the bathromm I am shocked to see bright red blood. An actual freakin period!!!. I had only seen light brownish discharge on day one and after my exam in March there was a little bleeding but that was it until today-i mean i am surprised at what I saw. Its not severe like before novasure-nor are there any cramps (thank God). I am just surprised because I thought that was it for me-that i would never have a period again. But I guess the lining does grow back. i know its my period because i have kept track every month of when I should have gotten a period in case this happened I would not go into panic mode and know for sure that it was a "scheduled flow". I hope i dont get them as severe as before or as painful. I cant go back to days in bed on pain killers and boxes of large pads.
Ugg this upsets me I guess i need to call my OBGYN and ask her what the heck is going on here. I have also been super stressed lately...Maybe and i hope and pray that if I am to start getting periods again...that they are light and painless.

S
S
I searched this site to see if anyone else was experiencing the same thing I am, to see if it is normal, and I found you. I had the novasure done 2 years ago and have not had a period since, but I have started having bright red bleeding today, and I am really concerned as well. But I read some other clips with women that are having stomach problems as well, like diversticulitous, and bowel problems. I have also been diaagnosed with the same things, but never associated it with the novasure...confused.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Dr. Denise- Gynecology 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.