Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
~ Rae ~ Offline OP
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Did you read this week about the Belgian teen who got half her face tattooed with stars, and then lied and said she'd only wanted three and the tattooist had just tattooed her while she slept?

Before she confessed to her lies, she'd threatened to sue the tattooist. As she took her falsehoods to the news and the story went around the world, do you think the tattooist should sue her for slander and/or libel?

Last edited by ~ Rae ~; 06/27/09 10:35 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I think he could probably sue for that and defamation of character (if they have that term in Belgium law).

Of course he might have hurt his chances a little by caving and offering to pay for half the tattoo removal. It is kind of like a hairstylist with a customer that is not happpy with their haircut after it is done, even though it is exactly what they asked for. Except this would have cost him a lot more money.

The very best thing he got out of this is that he learned to ask for customers to sign contracts. Hopefully more artists will learn from this as well and also ask for contracts or agreements to be signed. It is a very litigious world we live in. It is also a very "blamey" world we live in, where no one wants to take responsibility for themselves and is more than happy to point the finger at someone else - especially if it means getting into trouble.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
libel... since it wasn't in writing right?

~ Rae ~ Offline OP
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Markie, she went right to her local newspaper with the story and he got negative written press globally.

E
E
I think she was just a very silly girl and if they have come to an agreement it should be forgotten about

B
Amoeba
Amoeba
B
I've got a photo of a nice cup tatooed on my neck, it looks really smart.

Elephant
Elephant
As a hairstylist, one of the things that protects us is a waiver when we do color and such. Another thing, if the person PAYS for their service, then in the eyes of the law, it is a more or less consent that they are satisfied with the service and are willing to pay, so for them to say after the fac tthey were not satisfied and demand compensation or so forth, is harder.

This girl shoudl definately face the fire for what she did!

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
I remember this story and I wished the artist was going to sue her for everything she got (people who lie never pay as far as justice goes so at least their victims can sue them)! Does anyone here knows what happened?

S
S
I don't like tattoos in my face. My face is very sensitive. So I don't any risk with my face.

Face tattoos... Ouch! There's no way I'd get one on my face.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.