Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
R
Here is a recent article on couples and retirement - Speaking of retirement, most couples don't.

I found the results of the survery a little surprising. What do you think?

Reshma Vyas, Home Finance Editor
Home Finance Website
Home Finance Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
That was a very interesting article and here is a comment from one who was forced to continue working after the age of 65. Actually, I did retire in 2002 when I was 65, but in 2003 was asked to do a contract job in another state. I am an automation technician working on the electrical systems of automatic manufacturing equipment and I agreed to install some equipment for the company that made it in a new plant. Long story short, even though the head engineer from the selling company was on site directing my work, the owner decided that his problems with the customer were my fault and refused to pay me most of my money. I had to sue and of course only got part of my money which I had to share with the lawyers. So I found a job in my field in a small local plant and presently am still working full time. The point I am trying to make is this. It is very easy to fall into the trap while you are working to spend all you make and even spend beyond your earnings. Credit has been way too easy for everyone. Credit is a trap to enslave us and unless we learn some discipline about our finances and our wants, we end up still working at the age of 72 like me instead of doing the traveling, fishing, or whatever our dreams have been. Hopefully, some of the younger members on this forum might take my example and use it as a lesson better than I did. The good news for me is that I have been able to create an online income and in only about 5 months, I will finally be able to retire. Dave

R
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
R
Dave,

Congrats on your new venture! I hope you have a wonderful retirement!

You make excellent points regarding credit. I think, or at least, I like to hope that the recession is compelling many younger individuals to become more cautious with regard to credit, particularly credit cards.

Reshma Vyas, Home Finance Editor
Home Finance Website
Home Finance Forum

Moderated by  Sandra Investing/HFinance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.