Next Thread
Print Thread
#531200 06/23/09 11:31 AM
D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
As some of you know, my second husband who is a pastor and was abusive blessed me with the 2 youngest of my four children. I have a permanent protective order against him and he is allowed to see the children every Saturday for 8 hours (11a-7p). I really struggled as to how to properly handle this first Father's Day under the new court order.

During the course of our separation he hid his namesake (the older of the two) from me for over a year, defamed my name, abused me through the court system and in the community with false allegations that I was abusing him, and is currently appealing the judges decisions that were made in reference to our divorce and child custody proceedings. So, I did not know what to do.

Around 10:30p Sunday night, I did decide to text him and let him know that the boys (who are 2 and 3 now) wanted to wish him a Happy Father's Day. Even though I know that he will probably use the text against me in court in some preverted, twisted way. But, inspite of it all, I am glad I did it. It is never wrong to do the right thing regardless of the consequences.

I remember, when my son was away from me how I longed for any type of communication from my then 10 month old; how being able to see my son every other weekend was pure torture; how I was forced to give up breastfeeding; how I wished I knew where my child was living and under what conditions, etc. So, although I know my ex is not going through what I went through, I remember what I went through and how any sane parent must feel when separated from his/her children.

Father, please forgive me for attempting to brush this issue off with an attitude of unimportance, pride, and arrogance. Help me to always be cognizant of what I went through and compassionate enough to do the right thing in regards to the children you have blessed me to be the steward over. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

"The thoughts of the righteous are right: but the counsels of the wicked are deceit." -- Proverbs 12:5

Did anyone else have any Father's Day issues they would like to share?

Last edited by Dountonia - Baptist Site; 06/23/09 11:37 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
I
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I
God bless you for doing what's right.

Denise Castille
[bBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
Thanks, Denise, that really means a lot to me. May God bless you, too.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 02:56 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.