Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
James 5:16 says, "Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results."

Lately, I have been convicted and dealing with how we relate to one another in the church. I wonder how many of us feel loved, outside of our cliques, in the church? It saddens my heart to know that many of us go church get encouraged then leave church not knowing how to live the Christian life or how to help others live the Christian life.

I am so burdened with how to properly communicate that as we mature in Christ, we need to bear one anothers burdens and not hide or judge one another to the point where we hide behind the mask of "everything is okay". We need non-judgemental ears not enabling ears (as Professor Guy Lipkins would say). Our holy, righteous, loving, justice-seeking, discipling God cannot accept sin. That's why confession and repentance is so important. Therefore, sinning is not the problem. The problem is when we choose to do nothing about our sins.

Simply going to church is not enough. We must engage in worship, engage in the Word, and engage with one another. The things we go through are not for us to say "look what I went through" because I am so blessed. Your testimony/gifts/blessings are so that God can get the glory and you are blessed as a result of being an insturment in the Redeemer's hands.

Obviously, I have a lot of issues/ideas/potential articles/studies that I am dealing with or want to do. I am working with a group of teen girls called "Girls In Charge" that deals with dating violence, drug abuse, and abstinence. The number one cry from these young ladies is "I just want to be able to talk to someone about what I am going through without them freaking out or judging me." Which does not mean that we make the sin/issue/problem something that is "alright" but show people that the Word of God has the solution to whatever they are going through in a loving, "I have issues too" way.

I don't know . . . I hope I am making some sense.

Last edited by Dountonia - Baptist Site; 06/23/09 10:38 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
G
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
G
The church has become, whitewashed. I am gay and know my christian neighbors mean well when they invite me to church, but not for dinner. The love is rather sterile with saying to one, 'if only you will change then I will love you with the hospitably of my home and heart.' It is sad.

D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
GoodMorningSunshine,

Aren't you glad Christ does not love us the way we "love?" It is so hard for some of us to lovingly disciple one another. If we would only follow Christ's example and show love the way He did, the (local) church's testimony to the world would have a greater impact than our sometimes self-righteous gestures.

Have you lovingly communicated to your neighbors your concerns (maybe in writing)? Maybe there is a miscommunication on both sides? I will be in prayer for both you and your neighbors in this situation.

A
Parakeet
Parakeet
A
GoodMorningSunshine!! Good name!!!!!! I agree with you that some of Christianity has become whitewashed but its core principles are always intact. Jesus loved beyond mans capacity. There are Christains out there who will accept you just as you are. How bout that old hymn,"Just as I am." Some still hold fast to those old words. I am one of them. You are always welcome at my table for dinner. dave

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Hello GoodMorningSunshine,
As Dountonia and Dave wrote, not all Christians will treat you this way. Maybe they afraid of you. They are not sure what to talk about or whatever.

I think the problem with most of us - Christians or those of other faiths - is that it is very easy to see the sin of others and not so easy to acknowlege our own. If we all looked within a little harder, we would see that we are all just people subject to the same troubles and difficulties every day. Without Jesus we are all lost. With the correct view of God and the correct view of ourselves, it is much easier to communicate with one another.

God bless your day and your future.

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
I just read this quotation posted on Facebook by a friend of mine. "they who are conscious of their own sins have no eye for the sins of their neighbor".

L
L

A
Parakeet
Parakeet
A
LiveLove, that is the only way that the church will survive. I am glad to walk the earth with people such as you!! Bless You

L
L
ancientflaxman, thank you for the encouraging words. The post was a section from my book, "Fix Me, Love Them: Christianity as it Should Be". It is my prayer to play a small role in inspiring others to live a life centered around the unimaginable live of Christ. The world understands judgment, what it needs is hope. The world understands pain, what it needs is healing. The world understands loneliness, what it needs is restoration and love. Many times, the Christian message is expressed as judgment and conformity, but we have a message of hope and love. If we stop trying to change people, and focus only on loving, we can change the world.

A
Parakeet
Parakeet
A
There have never been nor will there ever be armaments formed that can withstand pure love. It cannot be conquered. It can not be destroyed. When people try to destroy it, it simply multiplies. It can forgive all offenses and bring life back into places of death and total darkness. Its message is simple yet beyond the reach of the high and lofty, those who should know yet don't. It is sometimes painful to love like that but it is nevertheless unchangeable and reaps rewards that go beyond the ever-so-cautious intellect of man. We have to step past ourselves to love with this intensity yet our foundation is secure.Though I have all knowledge and wisdom__________.

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
LiveLove and Ancientflaxman, Beautifully said, from both of you. I just wrote an article for another site about love and how it can change the world and ourselves. Love is powerful and if the flame from one lantern can light another and on and on around the world, we can accomplish much towards world peace. I do believe love is the strongest force on Earth. Love and Faith walk hand in hand.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
L
L
ancientflaxman, Beautifully said.

L
L
Phyllis, LOL, I hit send on my post, and your's popped up after I too told ancientflaxman beautifully said :-). Where was the article you wrote? Would love to read it. I always say, "If we stop trying to change people, and focus only on love, we will change the world."

Hi LiveLove,

Here is my article, hope you like it:
Lantern Carriers Spread Light and Love

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
L
L
Phyllis, I found your article to be very thought provoking. Thank you for sharing. I believe it is our calling to spread light and love. It is my daily prayer that I am doing my part.

L
L
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

L
L
How do you use UBB code?

D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
Originally Posted By: Lynne Chapman
I just read this quotation posted on Facebook by a friend of mine. "they who are conscious of their own sins have no eye for the sins of their neighbor".

Amen, Sister.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.