Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
Originally Posted By: Jilly
Update - am now feeling tired of working on goals. I think I am entering a lazy phase. I am not updating my blogs, or or doing yoga, or hiking, or cleaning anything, or doing anything on my lists.

In good news I am still using my twist board, eating a salad a day (for the most part), drinking lots of water, taking vitamins, and spending a lot of time reading about blogging.

I might need to reassess a few things, or allow myself to take a break.

LOL...that doesn't sound "lazy" to me. Just sounds like you're focusing on other goals right now. Sometimes you have to choose.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
June 09 Update on my old goals -

Just posted my 87th review on Amazon and am really pleased about the ranks as per my goals prior as a reviewer: (my original goal listed in 07)

Break teens in amazon rank: Am getting there. Have almost 80 reviews up and rank is now 135,000-ish. I am using twitter to let people know when i have reviews up in case people want to rate them. I am hoping my next leap will take me under 100,000.

This is the current rank info in their two tier (old rank and new rank):

New Reviewer Rank: 1,623
Classic Reviewer Rank: 13,240
Helpful votes received on all
contributions: 99% (242 of 246)

So, in the old system, I went in two years from 135,000 to 13,240 and entered the teens, which was my goal!!!! YAY!

I realize the New Rank is even lower, under 2,000, but Lisa says she prefers to go by the original ranking system, that is more fair to people who worked hard for their low ranks.

So my new One Year Amazon Goal is to get over 100 reviews on Amazon (only 13 to go) and get under the 10,000s in the old rank.

Here is my amazon reviews page: amazon reviews for jill florio

Okay, next thing. I lot of those old goals I don't EVEN want to get into. Suffice to say, UM NO, I didn't get anywhere on most of them. I guess I should work on my priorities again at some point.

I did get Cosmetics loaded through the year and then promptly fell apart this spring with my writing. Okay, so new goal. I am current with this week and set ahead through next week. I want to get current through the year (it's easy once I get on a roll). Once that is done I will look into monetizing them and compiling an ebook, but that is ONLY once I am set through the year. That feels like good steps to me.

Then I will do the same for the blogs site.

I did organize my office and wrote about it in my blog, listed elsewhere in this thread. But now I live in an RV and have a new office. It's pretty much good so I don't need to make a new goal here. Same with kitchen and laundry rooms. i also did paint the wall. All moot now. :-)

I am back to working out getting packages. Living on the road in an RV means I have to use my mom's address and I don't see her more than once or twice a month. This will take some thinking.

The weight crept back up to 140. I need to get that back on track. I am starting running and yoga again. I am not going to worry about this one. I think I look okay in any case.

Yoga goals - basically need to get back into it. Not much room in the RV and I feel weird in the campsite. I think I should just get over it. I have been doing simple yoga in bed.

It's funny how, looking over these old goals, how much things have drifted away from them for me.

Mainly I wanted to share that the Amazon thing is progressing and I feel pleased about that.

How is everyone else doing?

Last edited by Jilly; 06/08/09 12:10 AM.
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Jill that is AWESOME on the Amazon rankings!! Very nicely done!!

Don't worry about old goals. Goals change over time which is a good thing! You have new priorities in life, so you have new goals.

Right now resting and recuperating are awesome goals and it sounds like you are doing very well with those! If you want to start adding in some yoga then that is great - but if you're not ready for that step then that is fine too!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
That is great Jilly! As Lisa said, don't worry about the old goals. Focus on your current Amazon success. That took a lot of hard work. Be proud!

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Okay, I now need three more articles to get done with July and into August for Cosmetics. yay! I want to get done with august and into september and then assess what I have. What can be linked together better? What links out would be most useful? OD I have any theme worth developing into an ebook? I am thinking, based on current articles and some recent conversations on my Cosmetics Forum, that a Lip Care ebook might be best to work on and publish first. What do people think?

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
i notice that as I add reviews, the rank creeps back up. it must be some weird ratio they use. then when things sit awhile the link slinks back down. Just interesting FYI notes.

For reference:
Customer Reviews: 90
New Reviewer Rank: 1,633
Classic Reviewer Rank: 13,263
Helpful Votes: 245

Last edited by Jilly; 06/13/09 07:07 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Today I added another review, about fly paper. heh, they have everything at amazon.

Anyway, rankings update for those who find this interesting:

New Reviewer Rank: 1,576 - Total Helpful Votes: 245 of 249
Classic Reviewer Rank: 13,267

92 reviews! Only 8 more to get to 100 and one of my goals.

If one notices, the new and classic reviews seem to be moving not in any sort of tandem.

L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
Hmmmm....you know I think I should try fly paper. While I'm in the city, every once in a while a fly gets into the apartment and the children complain and complain. Maybe I'll try to catch it next time!

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  leahmullen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.