logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#279159 11/03/06 02:30 AM
Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
Many people who were looking for a date online are finding that they are being mislead by the prospective date. They are given wrong information about weight, looks, education, earning, interests etc.

With this trend it is expected that offline match makers will be back in business.

Nothing works if integrity is missing.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
george12 #381065 02/25/08 02:57 PM
A
A
If you're misled, when the date actually happens it's never going to go anywhere based on lies. If both parties are willing to take it seriously anything can happen. Spend more time on the phone getting to know each other before the date.

I don't think online dating is going anywhere.

angelamia #391496 03/12/08 01:24 AM
B
Koala
Koala
B
I have had profiles on many sites and see the same guys on them with the same ads.

At almost 48 with two kids who are autistic ages 11 and almost 13 I see that the men in my age bracket - I dont want older, but the same age. They all want to go away on weekends and are interested in motorcycles, beaches, travel, etc and not at the same place in life that I am.

I would like to have an autism dating site someday

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
Bonniesa #401399 04/01/08 03:28 AM
S
S
Originally Posted By: angelamia
Spend more time on the phone getting to know each other before the date.

I don't think online dating is going anywhere.

good suggestion from angelamia.
There is no assurance in online dating life and it's just like as a lottery. Everyone should try to know as much as possible about the person with whom you are dating online.

I
I
I've done online dating and have seen TONS of profiles that seem "TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE" or seemed rather "DESPERATE". I've set a standard before letting guys know I'm interested (only chatted with 2 guys I found of interest and continued a relationship with the last one). The first guy was sincere and open-minded, yet his career demanded a lot of his time to even meet for drinks!! It wasn't going to work for me. The second guy was totally down to earth...the "typical guy" I was looking for that had a profile description that astonished me. He used words I would've chosen, mentioned things I was definitely interested in, and we share the same interest (not to mention we are in the same situation). The guys I find of interest are based on how they write their own description of themselves and the type of person they are looking for. What they look forward to in a relationship is a plus when our outlook runs parallel to each other. In my opinion, those who write how they want to sweep a girl off her feet....seem desperate (AGAIN THAT'S ONLY MY OPINION). When one is humble and writes his flaws to warn of certain issues that may arise in a relationship yet describes the person he'd like to meet as somewhat understanding who can accept his flaws is someone I think is worth a shot (so long it's flaws I can accept and not something I know would bug me). I've been dating the last guy I met online for a few months now and we have been hitting it off very well. When we come to a disagreement, we are open to discuss, share EXACTLY how we feel, praise each other for efforts made to resolve our differences, and honest with each other about certain things that were said and done. This relationship seems like a keeper as long as we maintain it. We are definitely still in the learning process of getting to know each other yet, we've managed to get by each obstacle with ease! Online dating can work for some. My relationship is too soon to tell what may become of it yet I'm optimistic. For What It's Worth.... Isla

Last edited by Isla; 04/14/09 03:14 PM.
B
B
I met my boyfriend online. We have been together for two years. We are getting married on July 18th. I think you have to be at the frame of mind, that you are comfortable with who you are and the life you live. I was totally honest and so was he. There are not that many people that are honest. But, we were. Online dating isn't easy, but it worked for us. You can find honest ones online, it takes patience and being alert to things. I think people need to think of it as a business.

B
B
Online dating is still new to many people, but the trend is catching on indicating plenty of opportunity to grow. For successful dating relationship honest from the start is the key to finding a match and building a strong friendship.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.