Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
sankari, fashionvogues01, Deborah Carroll, LisaSh123, zannzacouture
57139 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57139 Members
417 Forums
112854 Topics
798842 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 776
Beetlemess 547
Nancy Roussy 232
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 126
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 108
Mystic - Romance Movies 96
Tracy - Philosophy 84
Dianne W - Editor 74
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 69
Karm - SW USA Editor 62
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 26 of 27 < 1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 >
Topic Options
#788394 - 10/18/12 06:41 PM Re: Who Is This? [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Art Appreciation Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Loc: NH, USA
Francine,

You are correct. It is Joan Miro's "Hope."

I wish you could have come over the water to our gathering this weekend near Newburyport, MA.

Maybe Lisa would consider having a Bellaonline gathering in Germany the next time we go to Europe.

I would love to see Albrecht D�rer's house in Nuremberg. I heard that you can actually touch his printing press.

Thanks again for reading my posts!

Add Re: Who Is This? to Twitter Add Re: Who Is This? to Facebook Add Re: Who Is This? to MySpace Add Re: Who Is This? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Who Is This? Add Re: Who Is This? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Who Is This? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Who Is This? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Who Is This? to Reddit
#809917 - 03/06/13 09:59 AM Re: Who Is This? [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Art Appreciation Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Can anyone guess who the artist of this painting is and its title?

Add Re: Who Is This? to Twitter Add Re: Who Is This? to Facebook Add Re: Who Is This? to MySpace Add Re: Who Is This? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Who Is This? Add Re: Who Is This? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Who Is This? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Who Is This? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Who Is This? to Reddit
#811855 - 03/18/13 02:27 PM Re: Who Is This? [Re: Art Appreciation]
Francine - German Culture Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: Germany/France

Am catching up on the forum so late with this Camille.....as usual. Well will be honest and admit at first thought it could be Degas, but remembered seeing some of John Sargent's work at the Tate in London, the style and epoch are somehow the same, and I know he had 'a thing' about Spain.

Could it be him? Although he was an American he was very influenced by Europe, and European artists, but have no idea where this portrait is now, in the USA or over here somewhere.

That is if it is him of course. smile

It would be fun for you to make a short visit to Albrecht Duerer's Nuremberg house. The printing press they have is not original and probably that is reason you can 'quickly' touch it, but an artist shows how it works.

Know how boring it sounds but still love his 16th century pen and ink drawing of Praying Hands............and I am not even religious.

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRUECKE Cologne, the CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. Photo "Der Wolf im Wald" with Plantu's "European Dove of Peace 2012". Western Europe has enjoyed the longest period of peace in its history, and in 2012 the EU won the Nobel Prize for Peace.

#811899 - 03/18/13 08:33 PM Re: Who Is This? [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Art Appreciation Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Francine,

You are so right! It is John Singer Sargent's "El Jaleo" (1882).

It can be seen at the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum in Boston.

You can almost hear the musicians and the girl dancing.

#822461 - 05/20/13 12:55 PM Re: Who Is This? [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Art Appreciation Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Shark

OK, all you art aficionados, who is the creator of this work of art? Please don't count the calories!

Edited by Art Appreciation (05/20/13 12:56 PM)

#822498 - 05/20/13 04:49 PM Re: Who Is This? [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
the eye Offline
Amoeba

what s that made of?

#822499 - 05/20/13 04:51 PM Re: Who Is This? [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Art Appreciation Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Shark

It's a work of art and not real (of course).

#822501 - 05/20/13 04:58 PM Re: Who Is This? [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
LesS13 Offline
Shark

CLAES OLDENBURG

Edited by edwardd1 (05/20/13 05:01 PM)

#822505 - 05/20/13 05:02 PM Re: Who Is This? [Re: Art Appreciation]
the eye Offline
Amoeba

noooooooooooooooooo!

#822508 - 05/20/13 05:09 PM Re: Who Is This? [Re: LesS13]
Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

As I live and breathe......edwardd1 is back!

Yes, you are right. Claes Oldenburg did make this burger sculpture. It is painted canvas, and filled with foam and ice cream cartons.

Page 26 of 27 < 1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 >

Moderator:  Art Appreciation 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Replace one word (Music Titles)
by Rosie 66
Comedy Movies
Today at 05:07 AM
Replace one word... (new game)
by Rosie 66
Comedy Movies
Today at 05:05 AM
Word From Last Letter Game
by Rosie 66
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 04:48 AM
What did you dream about last night?
by Rosie 66
Dreams
Today at 04:41 AM
Pop Manga How to Draw Review
by Brenda - Anime
Anime
Today at 04:31 AM
Information on orchid news and events
by Anu D - Orchids
Orchids
Today at 04:30 AM
Re-Potting Your Orchids
by Anu D - Orchids
Orchids
Today at 04:13 AM
Align Probiotic Supplement Review
by riyash
Body Care
Today at 02:24 AM
Sedentary Lifestyle Risk
by riyash
Body Care
Today at 02:19 AM
How can i get my body ready for a baby ?
by riyash
Body Care
Today at 02:16 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Mona - Astronomy), 56 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.