Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
What do you all think of nano-particles in your makeup and creams? Is this scary? Is it a new and powerful way to halt again?

The Cosmetic Cop, a source I trust, writes this:

Cosmetics Cop on Nanoparticles

What do you think? Do you want nano particles of zinc, silver, gold or whatever getting under your top layers of skin?

Last edited by Jilly; 06/13/09 09:30 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
Amoeba
Amoeba
A
I dont use mineral make up at all. Never have never will. Old make up that says mineral I throw out. I was taught never to purchase it. while I dont check other ingredients admitedly if I see them in shops I wont touch them. Mine is non comodogenic anyway and I never ever buy cheap makes. aart form i have tried rimmel lispticks. I can't use them as yet they make my lips itch.
I am trying out a few Urban Decay items I wonder if they contain nano particles as they are all metallic shades. I have noticed my mini bourjois eyeshdows are irridescent. Their eyeliners are metallic I wonder if they are safe to use? would that be a cause for undereye puffiness and bags? would it cause millia?
For some reason I am suffering from a few millia.

Last edited by amyuk; 06/18/09 06:21 AM.
A
Amoeba
Amoeba
A
thanks for taking the time to reply to my post.

shrugs

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Sorry, Amyuk - Jilly is literally on the road right now in her RV!

I haven't been keeping up with the nano-particles article, I'll have to do some research on it.

I actually love the mineral makeup, except for the eye makeup which is way too dry for me and makes my eyes itchy.

And I have always been a fan of the sprakly as opposed to the matte, becuase I just think the shimmer gives you a little more polish. So obviously this is something I need to look into!

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
A
Amoeba
Amoeba
A

Ahh right sorry thanks for letting me know. I have been trying some testers out this week. I still have some Urban Decay to try out.I am impressed with their eyeliners they are waterproof! The only problem is they take a long time to remove.
I did find the eyeshadow has a lot of fallout.( Yet I didn't use the recommended primer beforehand)
That is my only gripe. I am eyeing up Crash in eggplant.

I can't recommend the Anew eye lifting serum cream eyeshadows. OMG I tried shade golden last night within 10 seconds my eyes were itching,blisters.I got to it quick with ointment but, my eyelids are dry today.
I tried Carlo Di Roma eyeshadow today. Shade 03 fantasy. nice colours but again my eyelids hurt.:(
I will check further on the nano particles too. I am unsure what to look for if it's numbers or specific names.

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Urban Decay is fun! laugh

I love using their stuff for parties and such - but not for everyday use. But they do have a lot of nest stuff to play with. I always use a primer - so I guess I have never noticed the "fallout" (Urabn Decay would probably get a kick out of that term).

My favorite eyeshadows right now are the "house brands" by Ulta (a shop similar to Sephora down here in the South). I love the kind of pinkish-golds for daytime; tiara and pearl. They don't make my eyes itch at all and they are very silky feeling. I use an eyeshadow brush to put them on instead of a foam applicator. They are pressed powder.

After that I like Revlon's Illuminance Creme Shadows, it is a 4 color cream shadow. My favorite is the "viva la bloom". The colors are very vibrant. But I have to make sure I use a powder under the cream, otherwise it will crease up. I just use my fingers to apply.

back to the original topic, here's an article from WebMD about nanoparticles in makeup: WebMD Mineral Makeup Nanoparticles

It looks like the real culprit as a skin irritant is bismuth oxycholoride. So that is the thing to be on the look out for as an ingredient in your makeup.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Oh - totally forgot;

Jordan has to wear funky and dark makeup for her cheer events, including black "cat's eye" eyeliner".

After all this time, I have still found that the best makeup remover is Noxzema!

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
A
Amoeba
Amoeba
A

Sephora is hard to locate now it is something you have to purchase online. We did have Ultima 2 which were in competition and made cream to powder eyeshadows very similar to Revlons Molten Metals.
I haven't heard of Ulta but,we have something similar in boots called boot naturals range. The funkier version is No.17 and then the next section is NO.7.
Bismuth seems to be in a lot of the Urban Decay products including the sin primer and half baked eye kits.
I did a silly thing yesterday and was getting ready in a hurry to go out. The neighbours child let out a scream as her mum took her fake guitar awya from her. This guitar plays songs when you toucha button hours of fun that blast through the walls. Well her mum had,had enough and confiscated it from her. All of a suden an alien scream and I dropped the whole carlo di roma tester in the sink face down. lost half the eyeshadow. I sorta laughed but, I think the child ha sa perfect set of lungs for thrash metal however.

A
Amoeba
Amoeba
A
Another one I am looking at is BaremEscentuals lip kits.They have a Bejeweled collection of solid eyeshadows. Yet I can't find the ingredients so I am warey. I might still opt for the urban decay.
I can't get the eyeliner to go right to perform the feline look.I have seen lots of images on tutorials linking to Arabic eyemake up. I wanted to learn it when I was doing belly dance. I just couldn't get it right or I felt uncomfortable with it.

A
Amoeba
Amoeba
A

I had to delete but, catch you later.

Last edited by amyuk; 06/25/09 07:05 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.