#526350 06/06/09 11:58 AM
Trish-D Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hello Everyone,

I was just wondering if you have any plans for summer solstice that you would like to share. I'm going to do a solo Norse blot on the solstice itself. My husband and I are also going on vacation the week after and will be near Lake Michigan. I hope to get some time to do a ceremony near the water.

We also have a lot of summer plans for gardening and fixing the deck, etc. I might try to start an Asatru and/or rune meet-up in my area this summer too.

Please feel free to tell us your plans for the season. smile

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
A
We do our ritual plus a good meal and get together with some cool earth friends. There is magik in the air. Commune with the water spirits Trish, they have messages. Wish you were closer, couple of states away.

A
Amoeba
Amoeba
A
There's a Druid group in my area that performs the fair-weather rituals at a nearby nature reserve. I've gone to a couple of their circles and they seem like really nice people. I think I'm just shy of the whole "Druid" thing. I don't really identify with any one specifically titled path or what have you, so I'm not sure I'd be more of a thorn in their side than a set of helping hands. Still, I might go to their circle. I really like the energy of their rituals and both times I've gone to one of their circles, I've been brought to those silent, reverent tears. Have fun at the Lake, Trish! I'll be on Lk. Huron for the weekend of the 4th and haven't been to the water in far too long.

A
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
A
The druids have been a very misunderstood people. In the old days they were teachers, judges, healers, owned businesses and did many of the same things that people do today. I am sure that they welcome you and do not consider you a "thorn" at all. They knew the earth, the ebb and flow of the tide, the lunar waxing and waning and how to use the forces on the earth to improve life. We should still be doing these things and have schools for such.

Trish-D Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Appleblossom I agree with ancientflaxman, especially if they are one of the ADF Druid groups in our area. They hold open ceremonies and are very happy to have newcomers join them. I've been to rituals held by the group in Ann Arbor and they are good about telling people what is going to happen in the ritual and why they are doing it. Even if they aren't ADF people, I'm sure that you will be welcome.

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
S
Amoeba
Amoeba
S
fun fact: Father's Day is the same day as the Solstice this year. My Solstic plans are pretty basic BBQ with friends and giving a small toast to the sun and the gods/goddess that personifiy it.

Moderated by  Ninjahedgewych 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.