logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#525587 06/04/09 01:52 PM
OP Offline
I've done amazingly well. And the sugar cravings? NONE. at. all. Last time I did Atkins (about 10 years ago before having babies), it was really hard for me because of the cravings. But none this time. I even served my kids cake the other day and didn't want it one little bit. :) What I also find odd is that I keep catching myself forgetting that I'm even on a 'diet'. Like I almost grabbed a cracker while making lunch for the kids...I didn't really want it - it was the old habit of grabbing for something quick instead of waiting 10 more minutes until I could pick out a good meal for myself. But I caught myself in time! :) Anyway, this is day 9 and I've lost 8 lbs. :) I exercised 3 times last week, looking to up that number this week.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
R
R
Fantastic!! What was your menu for the past 2 weeks. I'm needing to loose the extra pounds too, and need all the help I can get.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
That is SO great that you are starting to break those automatic habits! It's amazing how many things we do just because "we always do them". Like eating giant bags of popcorn in movie theaters. Why do we do it? Because we're trained to do it by the movie industry? smile

Sugar cravings are amazing. If I eat high sugar foods I then crave them for days afterwards. My body gets into a sugar craving cycle. But if I stop eating sugary foods, I just don't crave them any more! So it really is key to get yourself broken of that addiction (and it really is an addiction).

rroxxrose - let us know what you like to eat and we can help you create a menu that works for you!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
W
W
Just checking in to see how you days are going since you started your diet. I started yesterday on the low carb. And it went surprisingly well. Good luck

OP Offline
Day #13, down 10 pounds! I am officially in the 100's again!! It's still a huge number but I'm really proud of myself. I've been able to serve really yummy desserts and treats to my family and gone to parties and dinners out and haven't been *really* tempted. I mean, it all looks good, of course...but there's not that drive that would be there on a low-fat diet. My all-time comfort food is ice cream and I've served that a couple times and been fine not having any myself! I'm happy to post a link to my FitDay site, which tracks your nutritional info and activities (exercise) and such. It's a great program. Hope it's ok to post here! Let me know if it's not. Here's a link to mine and you can see what I'm eating and doing, Rose (and anyone else who wants to look can). //fitday.com/fitness/PublicJournals.html?Owner=Malapert (just put the http: in front of that line) I'm striving for 30 minutes of *something* 5 days a week. Still not there yet but getting better. I also have found that I get bored with the same exercise so I'm using a variety of stuff...WiiFit, Yoga, walking outside, treadmill, arm weights...and celebrated my fist -10 lbs today by purchasing a bicycle! My son just learned to ride without training wheels and I'm excited to go biking with him. :) Here's my link...

Last edited by Malapert; 06/09/09 05:52 PM.
OP Offline
And I'm sooo super excited! I took my kids to an early movie today and got a large popcorn. My kids are all 8yrs and under so I held the bag and kept filling their cups up. I smelled the buttery goodness and felt the warmth...and ate not one kernel. I'm so super proud of myself!! THEN, just to top things off...I went by the Wonder Bread store to get some stuff for the family. And I survived that unscathed too. :) I did find some "sugar free" cookies in there that I might look at in the future...because though it said "0 sugar" on the nutrition panel, the carbs didn't add up. There were 6 missing carbs from the breakdown...what do you guys think about that??

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
That is awesome about the popcorn Malapert - that's a really hard challenge!

Carb numbers rarely add up. They show sugar as a breakout for example but they don't break out every single carb value. So the way you determine the net carbs is to take the total carb and subtract out the fiber. Anything left, in general, counts.

I'd try to stay away from candies - even if they're "sugar free". If you get your tongue craving sweet flavors, it can cause you problems even if they don't have sugars in them.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.