logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#527305 06/10/09 11:14 AM
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Here's an article about Creative Worrying that might give you an idea or two about how to avoid uncreative worrying.

Any tips you have, too, are always welcome...

How do you avoid unnecessary worrying?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
Shark
Shark
N
She did make some good points. One, about solving the problem as you worry. I do that a lot. But I can't set aside a specific time to worry. It seems to come and go when it wants to.

When my worrying is getting Extreme I have to give myself a jolt back into reality about the issue and do the Flow-Chart thing. You know, the What IF...What IF..... Usually this gives me a few solutions to the thing I am worrying about and that in itself decreases my worrying.

I have something scary coming up this Fall that I am really dreading. But in itself it's going to solve some problems for me but I have to go through this medical procedure which is going to involve a healing period afterwards. I am worried I won't wake up from the procedure and I am also worrying about afterwards. I won't be as able to do for myself as I am right now, for a while. I hate feeling helpless and dependent on other people. I am very independent.

Last edited by Navigaar; 06/10/09 01:27 PM.

G
G

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
I'm sorry to hear you have something you're worrying about looming on the horizon, Navigaar - there's such a lot of time in which to worry, too, before the Fall. Maybe there's some kind of relaxing process or meditation routine that you could teach yourself that might help. If you worry from now all the way until then you'll be exhausted when you get there!

I totally understand the hating dependence thing, as I am the same as you in that respect. Are there measures you could maybe put in place that could ease the situation? What about making sure you have somewhere to retreat to if you feel like screaming at the time? Sometimes just knowing you have a bolthole makes things more bearable even if you don't actually use it.

I'm sending positive vibes your way.

Susan

Originally Posted By: Navigaar
She did make some good points. One, about solving the problem as you worry. I do that a lot. But I can't set aside a specific time to worry. It seems to come and go when it wants to.

When my worrying is getting Extreme I have to give myself a jolt back into reality about the issue and do the Flow-Chart thing. You know, the What IF...What IF..... Usually this gives me a few solutions to the thing I am worrying about and that in itself decreases my worrying.

I have something scary coming up this Fall that I am really dreading. But in itself it's going to solve some problems for me but I have to go through this medical procedure which is going to involve a healing period afterwards. I am worried I won't wake up from the procedure and I am also worrying about afterwards. I won't be as able to do for myself as I am right now, for a while. I hate feeling helpless and dependent on other people. I am very independent.

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Thank you, gekkohq! It works for me, although I must admit it took a little work to stop the worries popping out at other times of the day. I had to make them lie down and behave until they were allowed their time.

Originally Posted By: gekkohq
I like the idea ''Having a time in the day when we�re �allowed� to worry makes it that much easier to ignore the worries for the rest of the day'' Good plan! Well organized and efficient!

Moderated by  Jana - Creativity Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.