Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
F
Hi I was wondering if somebody can please help me out, or at least point me in the right direction of an online source that could??

My friend is 18, female, and she complains of her body feeling sore and achey after a night of dancing and/or just when she doesn't get enough sleep. It's almost always after one or the other or both. And as far as dancing, she doesn't dance real crazy, just a little innocent bumping and grinding and getting low to the floor. But she also says she gets really sore just from lack of sleep not including any dancing.

Now she is not in the best shape, but she is not overweight at all. She's about 5'4" tall and weighs no more than 125lbs. As far as other health issues, the only thing I know of is that she is anemic.

So what is the deal with her always getting sore and achey?
Is this normal, and what kind of things can be done for herself to minimize or prevent the outcome of her always being sore and achey?

I know that making sure she always gets good sleep would be where to start, but there are going to be times that she won't be able to, so that's why I'm asking and looking for advice to see if there are also other things that can be done?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
L
Hi forcegx7!

Thanks for stopping by! It's of course hard to give solid advice without knowing a lot more about your friend however there are a few things that came to mind when I read your post.

How is her diet? That's always a good place to start as well. It's sometimes difficult in our society to get all the nutrients we need, especially if we aren't eating organically grown foods and cooking a lot on our own. If she has a typical American diet, I'd suggest she look into adding more healthy foods and definitely investing in a whole foods multivitamin supplement (this is one that is derived from real food as opposed to synthetically made - your body absorbs this much better). Being anemic as well, she should definitely make sure she is getting the vitamins and minerals she needs.

Also, if she only gets physical activity when she goes out dancing and it isn't really a part of her daily life (if she is otherwise pretty sedentary), that could also explain why physically exerting herself with dance leaves her achy. Her muscles are simply out of practice.

I've reviewed a few books that have to do with increasing energy in one way or another. Take a look at this one, 365 Energy Boosters, which may give her some ideas on how to boost her energy levels and get her muscles more fired up.

I do hope this helps! Let us know if any of this works well for her!

Best,

Leah

Live Abundantly!
Leah R. Patterson
The Wellness Site MOVE Makeup
Visit my Personal Blog
F
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
F
Thanks Leah, I appreciate you responding and laying out some good tips and advice for me to pass along to her.

Moderated by  Leah - BellaWellness Host 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.