#512930 04/15/09 07:43 AM
Trish-D Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Greetings,

This week's article gives you some ideas on how to compose prayer and where to find published resources. Do you have a favorite method, i.e. talk to Spirit like a friend, read from a devotional, etc.?

Resources for Pagan Prayer

Last edited by TrishPagan&Great LakesEd; 04/15/09 07:43 AM.

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Wonderful article, Trish! Thanks for the statements: "No one can tell you how to pray" "...should come from the heart and soul first...". You have such empathy for others and I admire that. I have never followed a set rule for prayers, as, like you say, they come from my heart and soul - whatever feels right at the time, the words come when needed.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Trish-D Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Thank you Phyllis. At BellaOnline, I try to always see different points of view since there are so many types of Paganism. It depends on the situation, but I usually pray in an informal way to deities and also when I make offerings to lands spirits and such.

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
A
Amoeba
Amoeba
A
I may have mentioned it before, but my more favorite prayer book of all time was something I just happened to see at the book store one day. It's "Sister Karol's Book of Spells and Blessings." Sister Karol Jackowski is a Catholic nun and her introduction to the book is absolutely definitive for me in that she describes a time before an established church location for people to worship and pray. With an outstanding play on words, she describes religion originating from the home and that sending out a prayer was simply in invitation to the Gods to come and sit for a spell. How cool is that? The rest of the book is filled with a myriad of prayers, most of them from the Catholic side of things, of course, but her spells in and of themselves are pure magic on their own. And like your article, she really emphasizes that there's no right or wrong way or time or place. Spoken from the seat of the soul and it's holy on its own merit. Haven't been around these parts in a while, so I'm catching up, but thanks for the articles, Trish.

Moderated by  Ninjahedgewych 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.