Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
I have a large Christmas Cactus that bloomed beautifully at Christmas. Now, for the first time ever, it is blooming again - on Memorial Day - May 25th.

In other years it has bloomed at Thanksgiving and sometime a little late - after Christmas, but this is a first.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Mine was loaded with blooms at Christmas and then bloomed again with them opening on Easter Weekend.

My cactus has the same color blooms.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
N
Shark
Shark
N
My mother had one for years and years. It was her mother's and she inhereted it after she passed away. I wasn't near my Mum when she passed away so I don't know where all her plants went but I do remember everytime it was in bloom, which seemed like year round, she'd make such a big deal about it. I don't know what she did but it was gorgeous. Just ablaze with flowers. Just a couple weeks ago I was walking downtown and saw what looked similar hanging in a barbershop window. I went in to look and the barber asked me if he could help me. I just commented on his hanging cactus and told him my Mum had one. He asked me if I'd like a cutting, I said SURE. I didn't expect that. I brought it home, cut it in half and put it in water for a week then potted it. Here is a picture of it. I have a whole room filled with plants so after I nurse this little baby into adolesence, it will have a place in there with all my other plants. I'm not sure what type of cactus this is, it was more like a vine. Lots of air roots and very long sections. No flowers though. Maybe it'll bloom for me sometime. All my plants flower. So far anyway. [img:center]http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/4161/cactus.jpg[/img] Why won't the picture post??? This is odd.

Last edited by Navigaar; 05/25/09 07:00 PM.

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Quote:
Why won't the picture post??? This is odd.

I think you have to have 50 posts under your belt before you get access to all of the extras in the forum.

N
Shark
Shark
N
I thought it might be something like that. Thanks.

Moderated by  Sue - Houseplants 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.