Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#522825 05/25/09 07:49 AM
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
I bought a new necklace, a medallion type on a "chain" of 4 or 5 black leather strings. When I opened it my cats went crazy and tried to get it from me. I put it on my dresser, and proceeded to get undressed for my shower. I looked up as I was stepping in the tub and my Rocky was slipping out my bedroom door with my neclace in his mouth. He was so funny, like he had the best kill of the day. He ran off to the kitchen so I followed him, stark naked, because I didn't want him to hide it someplace where I couldn't find it...I was planning on wearing it that night. He was so funny..he ran through the kitchen so I went the other way and met him as he entered the dining area. He looked up as if to say..."where did you come from"... The neclace was put in a drawer after that. Must have been the smell of the leather that attracted them.

Granny
Thousands of years ago cats were considered Gods
Cats have never forgotten this.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Too funny!

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
T
Shark
Shark
T
Dear Michelle,

Cats love anything that dangles. Our cats love to attack my jewelry which hangs on a chain. They must have loved those leather chains. To them it's a toy. It's definitely something to be attacked. They may even have thought you bought it for them to play with. :-)

Walk In Balance,
Deer

A
Amoeba
Amoeba
A

amyuk #523217 05/26/09 06:57 PM
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Theresa....I'm sure they thought just that. It was just so funny. Rocky plays with the stings on my pants, shoe laces, and the cord on my mini blinds.

Amyuk I can't remember my cats going after money..but tissue paper, plastic bags..my Simba thinks are the best treat.

Granny
T
Shark
Shark
T
Dear WalkingGranny And Amyuk,

I am laughing so hard here! Amyuk, your cat does have expensive taste! Pharoah loves to climb into drawers and cupboards as well as into the clothes dryer.

WalkingGranny, our cats also play with the strings on my pants. I have to hide anything that dangles from my clothes or purses.

Walk In Balance,
Deer

Last edited by theresa13; 05/26/09 07:14 PM.
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
My Simba climbs into my cupboards when ever there's room for him. Rocky likes to climb under blankets. Who ever said cats don't have personalities.

Granny
T
Shark
Shark
T
Dear WalkingGranny,

Our cats love blankets. They love to crawl under them, and they love to attack them. Everyday is a joyous day with our cats! Yes, I have seen a few aloof cats, but I have seen more personality plus cats. You know that song that says " Just one look and I " I forgot what comes after that, but I would follow it with " was hooked. " I find it impossible to resist the looks cats get on their faces, and I'm sure they know it. :-)

Walk In Balance,
Deer

N
Shark
Shark
N
Ummm, I don't have a cat now, I'd like to but it'd clash with my other pets, Bearded Dragons. Plus I am allegic. Wasn't when I was younger, I just sort of grew into it. I used to have Siamese, many of them. About 4 years ago I took in a stray male Butterscotch Tabby I found laying half-dead in a parking lot in the Summer heat. I just couldn't leave him there. He could barely meow. He stayed with me for 4 months and I nursed him back to health. I grew to love the little monkey. The first night here AFTER I gave him a bath because he STUNK, he wanted to come in my bed with me so I let him. Only problem was he wanted to "Talk" all night. I barely got any sleep. IF I did fall alseep he'd wake me up again with his chatter. He was so cute but that was aggravating. I couldn't even get up to go to the bathroom, he had to come and watch. He had so many things wrong when I first got him. Bad breath, starvation, diahhrea, dehydration, clumped fur, fur balls, fleas, cuts, infected eyes, ear mites. But over the next few months we go everything back in working order and he started to gain weight. He basked in front of the Air Conditioner on hot afternoons just sleeping the day away. I didn't let him go outside for the first 2 months. When finally I did let him out, I went with him and he promptly took off down the road. He was gone about 6 hours when he finally showed himself at midnight in front of the building meowing and looking up at me. I went down and got him. We went out a few more time together and he'd still take off but he always came back a few hours later. After a few more weeks I let him out alone. He'd come home after a few hours crying to get in. One night he didn't come back. I miss the little monkey no matter how much trouble he was. But he never stole anything, just my heart.

Last edited by Navigaar; 05/26/09 07:28 PM.

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
That was so sweet of you to help him like that. He may have had a lady friend who convinced him to stay with her... lovers

Granny
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Melissa-Catholicism/Cats 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.