logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#521909 05/20/09 12:41 PM
Y
OP Offline
Y
my dad is an addict, hes been in recovery since i was in the 5th grade (i am 30 now) every guy i have ever had a relationship has been an addict, its like they are drawn to me like flies to honey, i know what they are as soon as i get to know them but that doesnt stop me, cuz i can "fix" them. i know thats not true but i do it anyway and then when the relationship fails i get depressed and i turn to the things my parents tried so hard to keep me from i want this cycle to stop but i just dont know how to do it. i dont want to tell my parents cuz i dont want them to think they failed in trying to show me what the right path is.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
There is only one thing you can do and that is to go to AlAnon. This is about you taking care of yourself because you don't have control over anyone else. Addiction is about all you know so it makes sense that you want to take care of others. I urge you to break the cycle you have put yourself in and seek help. AlAnon is for people exactly like you. Please don't be afraid to take that first step toward your own recovery. And, yes, you like the addicts in your life, need to recover. Email my website here at BellaOnline and let me know how you are doing and if you have asked for help.

My prayers are with you.
Blessings,
Kathy L.
12 Step Recovery Editor

S
Shark
Shark
S
Alanon can give you the tools to help yourself. Alanon is listed in the phonebook and there is a website which lists meetings, dates and times. You can search for your state.
Also there are adult child groups. You are not alone.
God bless,

Sundancer
www.mikessportingoods.ecrater.com

Moderated by  Kathy - 12 Step Recovery 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.