Print Thread
#493904 02/13/09 11:37 PM
A
Angie Online Content OP
Chimpanzee
OP Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
What are your thoughts of the missing child Haleigh in Florida?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
I have a lot of thoughts on this one but I reserve judgment until there is more evidence.

One thing I will say is that this 17 year old girl who was babysitting has changed her story apparently and if she was in the same bedroom as Haleigh, how could she not be awakened during the disappearance of the young Haleigh?

Was she really involved with it? I don't know.

Did the mother have something to do with it? I don't know.

Like everyone else, I can only wait and pray that the girl is found and found alive. The police have found some evidence apparently which they have sent off to be examined and the police are at least optimistic in this one so only time will tell.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
With a 17 yr old girl the lie could be something as innocent as she had snuck her BF in for some fun, and now she feels horribly guilty and scared.

And of course trying to lie your way out of the situation in order to help find the little girl only gets more complicated.

We tend to forget that 17 yr olds ARE still teenagers, even if the law treats them as adults.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
A
Angie Online Content OP
Chimpanzee
OP Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
People, adults and teens, do not think anymore about the consequences of their actions. Some people are totally irresponsible.

K
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
I agree Michelle. She could just be lying because she fell asleep, snuck her boyfriend in, etc. She is young and scared. I think we need to focus on finding the girl and not placing blame yet. Time is of the essence.

Gecko
Gecko
Not sure what to think. Lots of things don't seem to add up.
As far as the sleeping bit and not hearing anything it is possible. My sister baby sat for my GF once. They locked themselves out of the house and tried every kind of noise to get her attention.....she was deader than a door nail...somehow they managed to get in and as they were walking up the steps is when she heard them coming. Her alarm was above her head and her bedroom was above mine at my mom's house. I can't tell you how many times I went up stairs to 1)turn off the alarm as I ddinn't have to get up till an hour later 2) wake her to make sure she wasn't late for work 3) I felt sorry for the cat who was glued to the ceiling from fright. A bomb could go off and she didn't hear it.

Why does it seem to be a child is always missing in Florida.

Last edited by rdywenur; 02/18/09 08:55 PM.
S
S
Another one and no action,no support just that the count increases by the day!!!! Private Detectives.

T
T
Does anyone know the status of this search. All of a sudden no one is talking about her. As bad as I dislike Nancy Grace, I have to say at least she kept Caylee Anthony on the news and did not let her be forgotten until her body was found. I am so afraid little Haleigh will be forgoptten and the peson who took her will go free. I can not find any current news on the case.

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
A missing child has to be a parent's worse nightmare, unless they are involved, of course. I just can't wrap my mind around anyone who would want to harm their own child (any child for that matter). Just makes me ill every time I hear another child has been harmed or killed. How sad!

Moderated by  Vance - Crime Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.