logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Hi Shannon Lets call her Lilith then. You are right she was removed from this Earth and given her Earth. Lets call it Earth 2. Her children went on to populate the other planets.

Sponsored Post Advertisement

Last edited by Peter Johns; 05/03/09 05:35 AM.
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Hmmm...interesting. There is some great information on Lilith at

Lilith

I did not see anything in the article about caulbearers - or did I miss that somewhere? What is supposed to be the connection between her and caulbearers? I found these verses interesting:

Proverbs 2:18-19

Her house sinks down to death,
And her course leads to the shades.
All who go to her cannot return
And find again the paths of life.

And from scrolls found at Qumran
4Q184:

Her gates are gates of death,
and from the entrance of the house
She sets out towards Sheol.
None of those who enter there will ever return,
And all who possess her will descend to the Pit.

Last edited by Phyllis, NA and Folk; 05/03/09 07:55 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Lilith Is not the name of the woman made out of dust perfect along with Adam. According to the research done she is around this earth bringing evil in her wake and attracting many followers. How can it be her when the perfect woman was removed from the earth and placed on her own Earth before the fall of Adam? Seems strange to me that evil is always associated with a woman. Maybe just maybe, Lilith is part male and part female. (just opened a big can of worms) I will ask the question on the mountain who she is and where she came from and where she is now?

Last edited by Peter Johns; 05/04/09 05:31 AM.
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Actually it's not that strange women have persistently been associated with evil. The majority of societies on earth are patriarchial. This method had been used for eons to subjugate the female and elevate male.

In my limited studies of Native North American societies, I have never found this type of generalization. These societies were maternal based, but appear to have not included categorical sujugation of males.

Native North American societies were far from Utopic, but they certainly didn't ravage the land or use up all their resources, as those in the Middle East, Europe, Central and South America.

There are prehistoric examples of what we would consider "overkills." But then, we don't have the complete picture, just the fossil record of the animals.

Being Native American and closely identifying with maternally based societal structure, I can easily relate to one being out there somewhere, started by the first woman as in Peter Johns account.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
So, there is more than one Lilith?

From the same link I provided above, I read this:

Etymology
Hebrew Lilit, Akkadian;tu are female nisba adjectives from the Proto-Semitic root LYL "night," literally translating to nocturnal "female night being/demon", although cuneiform inscriptions where; and tu refers to disease-bearing wind spirits exist.

Another possibility is association not with "night" but with "wind," thus identifying the Akkadian Lil-itu as a loan from the Sumerian lil, "air", specifically from NIN.LIL "lady air," goddess of the South wind (and wife of Enlil) and itud, "moon."

The Akkadian masculine l� shows no nisba suffix and has been compared to Sumerian (kiskil-) lilla.

Lilitu demons
The earliest reference to a demon similar to Lilith and companion of Lillake/Lilith is on the Sumerian king list, where Gilgamesh's father is named as Lillu. Little is known of Lillu ("Wind[wer]man"; or Lilu, Lila) and he was said to disturb women in their sleep and had functions of an incubus, while Lilitu appeared to men in their erotic dreams. Such qualities are further suggested by the Semitic associations made with the names Lila and Lilitu, namely those of lalu, or wandering about, and lulu, meaning lasciviousness.

The Assyrian Lilitu were said to prey upon children and women, and were described as associated with lions, storms, desert, and disease. Early portrayals of such demons are known as having Zu bird talons for feet and wings. They were highly sexually predatory towards men, but were unable to .... normally. They were thought to dwell in waste, desolate, and desert places.

Michaelangelo and other Masters have painted Lilith as the serpent of the Garden of Eden.

I still do not see what all this mythology has to do with caulbearers and the subject of this thread - but, it is interesting. However, I think I am backing out of this conversation on "Lilith". It would make a good article though.

Last edited by Phyllis, NA and Folk; 05/04/09 12:28 PM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Thank you You have answered the question. Lilith cannot be the first woman. Caulbearers are natural born leaders. We have spiritual gifts above the average person. Because of this we are persecuted by the pretenders in governments. These pretend leaders who have stolen our birthright make out they know the way and lead the people like sheep to destruction. These are the very ones who have for centuries persecuted the true natural born leaders of mankind and destroyed them in one way or the other. If caulbearers were allowed to fulfil the God given purpose in life and be accepted by the people as leaders we would heal this Earth and guide all mankind into a fulfilled life of peace living in harmony with nature. If the governments want peace and security they should put caulbearers in charge.

Or Native Americans.

Phyllis Doyle Burns

People fear that which they do not understand.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Deena - Paranormal Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.