Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
I agree with you. I lost my husband 3 years ago in December. I still miss him terribly, but Im seeing now, that I'm able to get myself going again. I'm feeling normal again but i have my days too. We all do. I get sick of people telling me to it will get better when they dont even know what it feels like to lose a loved one. I know they mean well and they think they are doing us a favor. Im dont mean no harshness on that but it does take time, but it has to be on your own time, not anyone elses.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
rodgshb,

A love like you shared with your late husband never dies, it just eventually goes to a quiter place. You will find peace some day and will be able to go on with your life.

I wish you all the best for strength, courage and peace in your heart.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
C
Amoeba
Amoeba
C
shellsher, i'd like to speak to you further on this. click on bereavement editor, below, and let me know you got this

Last edited by Chaplain - Moderator; 03/18/09 01:58 AM.

Rev. Jaclin Meade Scott
Bereavement Editor
When my Father passed away, I was devastated. That was the first death of someone close to me. I was 52 when he left us in 1997. I felt like a lost child, for he was always there for me. Each day was just an empty void that I could not fill. My Father had taught me so much about spirituality, death and the afterlife, yet I could not seem to accept his death. About a week after his funeral, I was very depressed and was puttering around the house, not really knowing what to do. Suddenly I heard the faint ring of a little bell, like crystal. Then I heard my Father laugh and I knew he was at peace and happy. A sudden change came over me and I was ok. Not a day has gone by since then that I do not miss him, some days I cry when I think of something he did or said to me. The feeling of missing him in his physical sense has never left me - yet the knowing that he is still with me is a profound peace in my heart. He is often here when I turn to him for guidance or just for the purpose of knowing his protective love and understanding. The tears still come sometimes, but the joy of remembering the good times with him on Earth bring me peace. The knowledge that he is never far from me brings me peace. The knowledge that someday we will be together again in spirit brings me peace.

The hurt gets better, the peace gets stronger, my adjustment to life without him gets easier. The love never dies, it only gives me strength.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
T
Shark
Shark
T
Hello All,

I have experienced the crossing over of quite a few loved ones. In 1988, I was six-months pregnant and lost my only baby. Before that, my wonderful step-father crossed over. My beautiful dog passed away in 1989. In April of the same year, my beloved father passed away. In June of that year, my best friend at the time crossed over. On the Summer Solstice of 2003, my dearest friend passed away. December 1, 2007 saw the passing over of my dear and beloved husband. Nobody can ever replace these magnificent people. There will be new relationships in our lives, and we should appreciate them for what they are. Some will be toxic, and some will be wonderful! Most of all, do not let anybody tell you how to grieve. Do it in your own way and in your own time.

I sure wish I were walking in Balance right now,
Deer

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.