Print Thread
L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
Today I had to let go of a situation I'd probably outgrown a few years ago, but kept hanging onto it anyway. Finally today I said this is IT! I let go completely and fully.

At first I felt a little scared like "oh no what do I do now?" and my first instict was to find a replacement. Then I relaxed and now I'm even starting to feel good. With this particular obligation out of my life, I'll actually have more time. And that is definitely a good thing.

Have you had to let something go recently? Please stop in and share.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
Parakeet
I have a ton of websites, and I am letting go of many of them to focus on Divorce issues. It's hard. I sold one recently that I had worked hard on for a few years. It was hard, but once I did it I felt great.

Stephanie Watson
Weight Loss Editor

L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
Yes it's VERY hard when you consider how much time and attention you've given to a particular project.

I actually have to let go of some more stuff as I took on several more publications this year.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I understand completely where you guys are coming from! I used to run the birding site here for example and LOVED it. But there was just too much for me to do and I had to give it up. It was really, really hard to do. But once I finally did it, I felt such a relief, that I had some more free time to breathe.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
Last summer I gave up being a potter after over 30 years at the wheel. I had loved it for most of that time but it was becoming a chore rather than a pleasure and I'd rather be painting. Then all of a sudden I was done! I cleaned up the studio, gave away the trailer and the kiln and sold the remaining supplies and inventory. I thought I'd feel bad but was surprised at how free I felt, it was wonderful! The house and my clothes stay a lot cleaner, too, and I can paint all I want.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Yes, it's funny how hard we hold onto certain things for so long, and then, when we let go, it's so liberating. It feels like the weight of the world has been lifted off our shoulders.

I'm doing that right now with some *major* stuff. It's a little scary, but the relief has already started. I just may wake up tomorrow with a whole new attitude!

Why, I always ask myself, did I hold onto the thought/activity/responsibility for so long? And how do we ever figure what to keep and what to let go of? It's difficult when we put so much effort into our projects/work/whatever---to just decide to set them free.

Doing it anyway, and divil take the hindparts.

Mary Sweeney
Irish Culture Editor
L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
Today, I let go of something else, a second major letting go of 2009. This was a responsibility that I've had for 2.5 years. It was a great project with fantastic potential, however my life changed in the last 29 months since I took it on.

Now I'm doing alot more writing assignments and I was nominated for a voluteer position with my sons school just last week. And as we all know. You just can't do it ALL and have time to rest, regroup and recharge. So I had to make a choice. It was hard, but it was the right thing to do.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

Moderated by  leahmullen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.