Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
ashjoielee, johnnie55, uveuleurz, Noitartst, KAMI
57306 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57307 Members
417 Forums
113279 Topics
803677 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 550
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 369
Beetlemess 279
Jana - Creativity Editor 263
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 81
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 61
Dorcy 55
Nancy Roussy 53
Linu 47
Sandra Investing/HFinance 46
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#512369 - 04/14/09 04:01 AM FAQ and Other Info
Digital Art and Animation Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Here are some quick links to answer common questions.

Best Books for Flash and ActionScript

Flash Forum Gallery

Edited by Digital Art and Flash (05/12/09 06:05 AM)

Add FAQ and Other Info to Twitter Add FAQ and Other Info to Facebook Add FAQ and Other Info to MySpace Add FAQ and Other Info to Del.icio.us Digg FAQ and Other Info Add FAQ and Other Info to Yahoo My Web Add FAQ and Other Info to Google Bookmarks Add FAQ and Other Info to Stumbleupon Add FAQ and Other Info to Reddit
#833108 - 08/09/13 07:29 AM Re: FAQ and Other Info [Re: Digital Art and Animation]
D Rose Offline
Amoeba

Thanks for sharing my brother is an animation student. He is keen to work in Hollywood- VFX field. Can you give some tips.

Edited by D Rose (08/09/13 07:30 AM)

Add Re: FAQ and Other Info to Twitter Add Re: FAQ and Other Info to Facebook Add Re: FAQ and Other Info to MySpace Add Re: FAQ and Other Info to Del.icio.us Digg Re: FAQ and Other Info Add Re: FAQ and Other Info to Yahoo My Web Add Re: FAQ and Other Info to Google Bookmarks Add Re: FAQ and Other Info to Stumbleupon Add Re: FAQ and Other Info to Reddit
#833252 - 08/09/13 11:43 PM Re: FAQ and Other Info [Re: Digital Art and Animation]

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Hi D Rose,

Well, he will need to realize that the competition is great and international ie there is a lot of outsourcing because it’s cheaper for the companies. If he can get an internship while in collage, that might give him a foot in the door and experience. If he has the time and money, getting a double major would help; one in VFX and one in something solid like IT, science, engineering or math. While he is waiting for that VFX job, his other major will pay the bills and provide job benefits. Most of all he should be realistic and not believe that he will walk right into a VFX job right out of collage. He might need to relocate for each VFX job. Have him do a google search for “VFX industry”.

Here are some links that might help.

Journey into the field of animation and VFX filmmaking

How Healthy Is Our VFX Industry?

Career in Visual Effects

Hope this helps,
d

Add Re: FAQ and Other Info to Twitter Add Re: FAQ and Other Info to Facebook Add Re: FAQ and Other Info to MySpace Add Re: FAQ and Other Info to Del.icio.us Digg Re: FAQ and Other Info Add Re: FAQ and Other Info to Yahoo My Web Add Re: FAQ and Other Info to Google Bookmarks Add Re: FAQ and Other Info to Stumbleupon Add Re: FAQ and Other Info to Reddit
#833422 - 08/11/13 11:24 PM Re: FAQ and Other Info [Re: Digital Art and Animation]
D Rose Offline
Amoeba

Thank you so much Diane for your reply and useful links. I passed your words to my brother but you know he seems to be little confused- you know, his course contain animation section also, some days back he told me about his interest in VFX and now saying animation. I think he is very confused about his career plans. Now only eight months are left in his course and he is confused on his stream. Please tell me what should I ask him to go for. He should now go for internship or should go only after completion of course?

#833433 - 08/12/13 02:04 AM Re: FAQ and Other Info [Re: Digital Art and Animation]

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Hi,

Animation is one type of VFX. So he probably is using the terms interchangeably.

An internship can be helpful but not necessary for getting a "real" job. It will give him experience and looks good on his resume.

Tell him to ask his professor teaching the course if there are any internships that he might apply for now or after he graduates from the course. The professor is his best source for that info.

Hope this helps,

d

#833575 - 08/12/13 11:41 PM Re: FAQ and Other Info [Re: Digital Art and Animation]
D Rose Offline
Amoeba

Thanks

Moderator:  Digital Art and Animation 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
New game - Quote it
by Dorcy
Creativity
Today at 04:36 AM
Music ABC game
by "Rosie"
Pop Music
Today at 04:08 AM
Treasure your Body - Whatever its Shape
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Low Carb
Yesterday at 09:08 PM
B.K.S. Iyengar Brought Life to Yoga
by Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor
Yoga
Yesterday at 08:57 PM
Word From Last Letter Game
by Jana - Creativity Editor
Contests & Sweepstakes
Yesterday at 05:21 PM
Shopping at Walmart Game
Home Finance
Yesterday at 05:20 PM
Replace one word (Music Titles)
Comedy Movies
Yesterday at 05:19 PM
It's Halloween Time
Horror Movies
Yesterday at 04:08 PM
I went NUTS last week!
Home Cooking
Yesterday at 01:14 PM
Weekly Monday Weigh-In
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Low Carb
Yesterday at 01:05 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Dorcy), 68 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.