Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#510206 04/08/09 04:00 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jilly asked how I keep my bathroom organized. I just finished reorganizing the area beneath our sink, so here's what we did!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Wow, that is so nice and neat! I assume the smaller drawers are Bob's? Although it looks like he only uses one shelf, and that the middle one is first aid stuff and the bottom is empty.

hee, men have so much less bathroom crud than we ladies.

Where do you keep your makeup and jewelry?

Last edited by Jilly; 04/08/09 02:03 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Yes, tho there is stuff in the bottom drawer. He injures himself much more than I do so it seemed fair.

Keep in mind that these areas used to be PACKED with junk until recently so this is only a very recent cleaning. We will see how it lasts. I do have hope though.

I really don't wear makeup at all. I used to when I was in my early 20s, but at this point I just let my face be the way it is. I work from home so I suppose I have that luxury. I do keep a few minimum things for special occasions and those are the top drawer in my bedroom. I keep my jewelry in my bedroom as well. I rarely wear that either for the same reasons.

We should do a separate thread about jewelry organization!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Koala
Koala
Yes, very neat!

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
N
Shark
Shark
N

Good topic. I love to organize stuff. I'll be repainting my bathroom soon. It's the very old black and white tiles with the very old HUGE tub and pedestle sink, WHICH I love. The owner once wanted to rip it out and put in a plywood box type vanity sink. I LOUDLY protested.

I have tried to preserve the charm of this apt. I obtained the old radiator covers from another apartment after the tenants moved out. That apartment is identical to mine and I just love them. I have repainted most of them with white semi-gloss and they look brand new again. Yes, there is one in my bathroom. It just adds so much. It gave me a place to PUT stuff on. I have a small collection of conch shells on top.

I also obtained a very, old cabinet, which NEEDS badly a repainting. It also hangs on the wall.

I have to decide what is staying and what is going. I have 3 shelves. One is for ONLY facecloths, the other two are just catch alls. It's a tiny bathroom so I really have to rethink this.

I am going to go with grey. I may paint the ceiling a darker grey then remix the gray with the white for the half-walls. I am thinking of doing some scroll-work in the corners in black. But I don't know about trying to stand in the tub on a ladder. If I fall in there that porcelan could KILL me.

I have a beautiful framed print that made me decide to go with greys. I'll take a pic of it once my cameras batteries recharge to show you. I have way too many shelves in there, I may just try to incorporate the one big one with one other. Oh, I don't know. :Scratches Head:

Zebra
Zebra
I have a small bathroom and lots of bathroom stuff. I use a pocket shoe rack with clear vinyl pockets (the kind that hangs on the back of a door --they cost under $10) on the back of the door for stuff I "need" but don't use often--hair cutting scissors, extra sunblock, lotions, hair products, razor blades, barrettes, whatever. The "not daily" stuff.

I also used to use one of these in my office for office supplies-(paper clips, staples, ink cartridges, business cards, and so on) -it was perfect! I don't have a door anymore in my office, so I use boxes now, but I really love being able to instantly see where sometihing is.

N
Shark
Shark
N

Here is the picture that made me decide on grey:

Koala
Koala
Ahh, your bathroom sounds wonderful! I wish my bathroom were like yours (except for the small part!). I am needing to update mine eventually. I would love a claw fotted tub....

~anonymous~
N
Shark
Shark
N

It's just a bathroom jam packed with STUFF. Hahahaha.

I have this picture I tore from a magazine a long time ago. A DREAM bathroom. It has French doors and it opens onto a garden. I will TRY to take a pic of it but I don't know how it will come out but I'll give it a try IF I can find it. I JUST was looking at it a few days ago too NOW I can't remember where I put it.

N
Shark
Shark
N

I have similar shadowboxes that sort of look like these posters. Pretty huh?

Koala
Koala
Oh yes, that is wonderful.

~anonymous~
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
What a change in color and accessories might do for any room.

N
Shark
Shark
N
Originally Posted By: Navigaar

It's just a bathroom jam packed with STUFF. Hahahaha.

I have this picture I tore from a magazine a long time ago. A DREAM bathroom. It has French doors and it opens onto a garden. I will TRY to take a pic of it but I don't know how it will come out but I'll give it a try IF I can find it. I JUST was looking at it a few days ago too NOW I can't remember where I put it.

Found it. Took a pic then my batteries cr@pped out AGAIN on me again. They are charging now and I'll post it as soon as they are cooked. I keep forgetting to TURN THE CAMERA OFF!!

Last edited by Navigaar; 06/18/09 08:34 PM.

N
Shark
Shark
N

It was a centerfold so I lost a little of the middle but this gives a pretty good idea. Makes MY bathroom look like a homeless shelter. Hahahahahahaha.

Koala
Koala
If that is the bathroom I would love to see the rest of the house!

~anonymous~
N
Shark
Shark
N

Me too.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I seem to have a new issue, bathroom-wise. Apparently I put a TON of nice bathroom stuff in storage. And now that I am dealing with my storage, i have uncovered these lotions, linen sprays, moisturizers, sunscreens, scrubs, body brushes, shampoos, etc, all barely used, nice things.

Right now I am sticking them in the cabinets (I do have a lot of bathroom cabinet space in the RV) because they are small and lightweight enough to not be a huge issue. It's more important to unload my large, heavy, bulky stuff! But eventually I will have to deal with this. Just when I thought I had my toiletries under control! lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KellyJayne - Organization 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.