Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Thanks Deb. I took a look in Wally's and yes, there was one for $20. let me think if i really need one for the RV. I might get my stuff down enough that it won't be necessary. Hmmm.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Interesting, Lisa, about the small rooms. I like lots of small rooms, nooks and crannies. Houses out here seem to have big open floor plans, which I detest, since they make decorating difficult.

So, if the dining room is your office, and you guys have a bedroom upstairs, what do you do with the other three bedrooms?

Extremely good point about how we live in luxury compared to the many who live in crowded tenements, mud shacks and shanty towns. It makes me think how I would do in close confines with others. I don't do well in groups for longer than a few hours. As you've seen at the Gatherings, I feel a need to 'take off' alone to recharge. So what would I do in those kind of 'one family in a room' situations?

I'd probably be really cranky all the time. Or maybe I'd be sort of used to it, but just take off and walkabout a lot.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Jilly - my vote would be you get a labeler now to help you with all your organization tasks. A lot of times I use labels at first on drawers and things until I know where everything is and then I take them off. They help me through a transition. Then when everything is labeled and settled and done you can donate the labeler to a charity!

One of the bedrooms is Bob's office and it is stuffed to the GILLS with all his stuff from when he had an actual outside-the-house office, plus his old drum set and much more. It needs a thorough cleaning.

The next is our music room. I have a full sized keyboard, he has a full sized drum set, we have a large shelf system with all of our spare electronics organized (extra hard drives, keyboards, networking cables, and so on). Another shelf has our many music books. He has 8 guitars I think so those are in a line in there in their cases, and finally our wood desk is at the window where I used to journal in the morning. I loved doing that and haven't done it in a while, I need to work that back into the schedule.

The final room is James' room where he stays when he's home from college, with a full bed and his books and such. My dad is over for Easter right now and that's where he stays. So it's very full of James' things, and the closet is completely full of my crafting supplies.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Okay, I will get myself a labeler! (twist my arm...) Dan better look out, since I will label everything that doesn't move. Which quite frankly often includes him at his desk. :-P

To start, I think it will be helpful to label the cabinets in the RV. We aren't making the best use of the spaces yet. I have been exploring what fits where, and what places are most convenient to put things. Some cabinets get used every day and some get forgotten about. There really is plenty of room in here, once I use the space properly.

Lisa, will doing bob's office be a challenge? Does he want to declutter as well, or will he fight on with his packrat tendencies?

The music room sounds fine - it's a utility area more than anything else, so i'd guess the things you have in there are things you need.

James' room is sort of a transition room, so there's not much you can do with that one, i guess. Sounds like you contained your hobbies there in a great way.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I labeled all of my photo albums, that was great! Each now says on it both the years and the major trips inside. So that really helps to find things.

Progress!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Gecko
Gecko
De-clutter....we are moving again in June and downsizing even more. This time within 100 miles versus the 1400 miles last summer!! So we are setting up things at the new house which is a little smaller and this is a good thing! Otherwise I would probably just move this storage to that storage....lol...so here lies another opportunity to apply the rule :have I used this consistently in last 6 months, yes, I keep, no, I don't smile

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KellyJayne - Organization 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.