Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#509422 04/06/09 02:22 PM
M
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
M
My husband and I are taking our daughter to Europe next summer for her graduation present and I'd like to know more about options for stellar hikes. We're hoping to walk portions of the Rob Roy Way in Scotland, Hadrian's Wall in England, and the Cathar Trail in France. Any other suggestions?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
R
R
Hi. How about Paris? In autumn I was in Paris and I think, what Paris is beautiful plase for to see, because in Paris is La Tour Eiffel(Eiffel Tower). And in Paris I buy there a Flat. The Euromakler(euromakler.ru) company took me this flat!!!

S
S
Hi Megan

How long are you planning on spending in England? I only ask because, if you're already up north checking out Hadrian's Wall, you may like to check out the Lake District.

There are some wonderful walks, and even mountains to climb for the more adventurous. There are beautiful places to camp - the last site I camped at was in Castlerigg, which was a lovely stroll down into the village of Keswick. It was lovely and quiet of an evening and waking to the sound of the animals in the next field was a great experience.

How are you planning to get around, apart from hiking?

Will you be flying, taking the train, coach trips or driving?

How long were you planning to spend travelling around Europe?

Sarah Reid
M
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
M
Hello Sarah,

Been off the forum for a while - thanks for the feedback. Castlerigg sounds perfect; will investigate.

We will probably take trains and buses, but haven't ruled out car rental (simply for convenience - what I don't like is that you don't get the opportunity to interact with fellow travelers and locals).

If all goes according to plan, we should have about 6 weeks total. Not enough time for more than a sampling - but then we'll just have to go back to the places we loved again!

Cheers,
Megan

J
J
The Camino de Santiago in Spain is incredibly rich in history and packed with incredible places, people, vineyards and scenery. I started in St. Jean Pied-de-Port, France and finished in Santiago, Spain, which is the Camino Frances. These 500 miles will change your life! Many "pilgrims" do only a portion of the Camino and return at a later time to do more of the trail.

Jessica Hoffmann
Southeast USA
J
J
Depending on the amount of time you have, the Tour Du Mont Blanc is fantastic! You can read more about it in the posted article on the European Travel site.
You can divide it in to bits (say, 5 days-1 week), or do the complete circuit in less than 2 weeks. Please feel free to pump me for ifo-it's one of my favorite hikes in Europe.

Julie Emrich Fredrick
European Travel
H
H
I highly recommend the Julian Alps in the area of Kranjska Gora ~ Lake Bled (Slovenia). You would be hard pressed to find a lovelier place.

Haddie #576025 01/06/10 10:44 PM
J
J
i agree it was one of my faves--read my next post on Ljubljana--and the Julian Alps will be coming up!

Julie Emrich Fredrick
European Travel
P
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
P
My favorite travel country is Germany and I would recommend the Bavarian Alps, the Black Forest Area or hiking along the river Rhine. Unfortunately I can't tell you any hike trails since I'm not a hiker myself. But if you would like to combine the joy of hiking in great scenery, good food and beer or wine ;) and visiting historic places like chateaus or castles, than you can't go wrong with Germany.

F
F
Hello.I recommend Bulgaria.There are many beautiful mountains and offers excellent conditions for mountain climbing.

Last edited by fabi_mimi; 04/23/10 06:30 AM.
S
S
Hallo Megan I think its a nice plan for summer vocation. I highly recommend for the Cape Town Vacations which is known for his unparalleled luxury and every convenience imaginable in the heart of Cape Town's most beautiful and romantic acclaimed V&A waterfront. So you can reach at pembroke403.com. sorry for late post.....

Last edited by Sophia Booth; 04/24/10 06:17 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.