Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#509153 04/06/09 02:22 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
With this new very-liquidy shampoo I am making, I drizzle it right on my hair in various spots and then lather it up. This works very well.

However, my boyfriend does not like to put shampoo directly on his head. He feels it's a lot harder to then wash out, if the shampoo is going directly down onto the scalp like that. He'd rather put a little amount in his hand, get it lathered a bit there and then put that across the hair.

How do most people do this?

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
I always suggest putting shampoo into the hand first, then rubbing youur hands together to disperse it. Then applying it to the hair. This keeps you from putting too much shampoo in one spot on your head.

However, if the shampoo is very thin and liquidy, it might be easier to apply it to the hair directly - being careful to drizzle it all over and not just one area.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I do the hand to head as well.

Shark
Shark
I pour it into my hand first also. But I use Head and Shoulders which is quite thick.

Last edited by Susan - Scottish Culture; 04/06/09 03:44 PM.

Susan Keeping
[quote=Susan - Scottish Culture]I pour it into my hand first also. But I use Head and Shoulders which is quite thick. [/quote] I bought some Head and Shoulders a little while ago, but when I got home and my husband saw it, he said he advises me to just throw it away, because Head and Shoulders leads to hair loss. I did not want to do that at first, but after I did some research on the Internet, I saw more people who used H&S said they experienced hair loss, so I took my husband's advice and threw it away. Has anybody here experienced that? As for this topic, I pour shampoo in my hand and then spread it on my hair.

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Quote:
I did some research on the Internet, I saw more people who used H&S said they experienced hair loss,

I haven't heard of the hair loss problem. However, some have said that it dries their scalp causing flaking - the very thing they were trying to get rid of. eek

Elephant
Elephant
It has also been known to coat the hair and starve the scalp causing hair loss. I used to use it and it cause my scalp to be druy and not really get rid of the dandruff per se.

As for how I do shampoo.. depends on the viscosity. If it is thicker, in the hands, thinner, directly on the head

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I always did the technique of pouring it on my hand first too, because my hair is thick and I wanted to manually work the shampoo into my hair.

OK I'm just going to need to keep working on my recipes to get them more thick. I tried adding some glycerine and it didn't help much. Maybe I should add more? I'm out of aloe vera, I should order some more.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Glycerin and much more of it might be the trick. Let me see what is in my shampoos...

...Okay, here are two more options - Vitamin E oil and Honey. I bet both of those would be helpful and luxurious additions.

What is a good anti-dandruff shampoo? I won't use Head & Shoulders because of the hair loss reputation and my husband doesn't like the smell of Selsun Blue, so I won't use that either. Anything else that works well?

S
Amoeba
Amoeba
S
I also put the shampoo into my hand first.

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Quote:
What is a good anti-dandruff shampoo?

I don't know of a good one in the stores but in salons -- Nioxin has a brand new product that is just for scalp conditions such as dandruff. It is amazing. It is called Scalp Recovery and heals any scalp problem.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jill - the honey didn't seem to help the thickness much. I think I need to go with something like coconut oil which is primarily a solid. We'll keep testing!

Low Carb Forum
Shark
Shark
I'll add my 2 (euro)cents into the head&shoulders debate.
I had lots of dandruff when I was a kid. H&S got rid of it, but it's true that I started experiencing gradual more quantity in hair loss the longer I used it. Lucky for me, the dandruff was hormone related, so once I grew up and got out of puberty, it wasn't any longer necessary to use it.

Then I got another skin problem in exchange, but that would lead me too far... LOL.
Anyway, things like Fructis or Dove weren't much better, since they contain silicons that give you the illusion of nice hair, while the silicons weigh it down and don't really help recover the breakage.

I'd go with the Nioxin suggestion Lynne gave you as well.
I think Redken has a product too, but I'm not sure. I'll ask my hairdresser next week as well.

Guess what? I give massages and reiki. More info here!
A
Amoeba
Amoeba
A
Elvive intensive anti dandruff is ok but, yes it contains sulfates. It is orange in colour. I have found it doesnt cause me to itch. SoOrganic have SLS free ones. (I haven't tried them but, they came up via a quick search) I put the shampoo into my hand and then onto the head. I too feel it takes too long to wash out. Yet if it was natural I would be willing to try another technique.

Last edited by amyuk; 05/17/09 02:14 PM.
U
U
Himaliya company's protein shampoo! i like this smell very much, and it also give good result.
anyone else? who give some suggestions to Holiday?

Shark
Shark
Got any references to this protein shampoo?

Guess what? I give massages and reiki. More info here!
N
Shark
Shark
N

Hand first since my hair is very long and I have to drag it down to the ends.

I've never had dandruff so I have never had to use a dandruff shampoo.

Have you even been in a locker room next to or behind someone blow drying their hair and this awful smell came from them? I mean their hair and scalp. It's kind of a sick smell. I think it's from dandruff. If you don't wash your hair enough and brush it often. I mean REALLY brush the scalp too, I think a layer of dead skin cells accumulate on the scalp and cause this terrible odor. They trap bacteria under them. Give your entire scalp frequent hard brushings and a good scratch with your fingernails daily to loosen the dead cells. My best friend, who is quite a bit older than me has this problem. I have never said anything to her or asked her how often she shampoos but I don't think she does it daily. In the locker room a few times I have smelled this smell from her. I smell it almost all the time from older ladies too. I do have a sensitive nose though.

J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
I would like to prefer Head&Sholdier shampoo for my hair because it works wonder for me, It helps to remove dandruff from my hair.

N
N
Hand to head.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Hand first so you're not coating your hair.

Former Chocolate Editor. Also known as Daisybun.
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
In your hand, then rub your hands together to emulsify, then on your hair. Saves on shampoo and you aren't wasting it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.