Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wanting to simplify our lives, Dan and I moved into our RV fulltime. This has been helpful in terms of having less stuff, and less stress. It's been a lot of work to learn about the lifestyle, but i am getting a handle on things.

Now it's time for me to think about how to add activities back into my life and I'd love help figuring this out. I have a tendency to to take on a zillion fun projects and overwhelm myself. I don't want to take anything else back on until I weighed it as something I really want to do with my time.

These are the things that I could potentially have in my daily-ish existence:

- Learning RV stuff. I enjoy this and can happily sit outside with my manuals, catalogs, books and magazines each day, for hours. I will want to keep this activity going because it's fun for me and useful for us.

- Enjoying the RV resorts. These rv parks have pools, spas, fitness rooms, places to walk and run, activities, games, mini-golf, shuffleboard, etc. Since we are doing this lifestyle and everything is here and available, I do want to enjoy what is around me, even if it's just a little bit each day. I'd like to share some of this time with Dan, too.

- Working on Mused. I have been on a sabbatical from editing the bellaonline literary mag and I miss it. It's a creative endeavor that creates a lovely product.

- Writing for my topics here on Bellaonline. I need to get back on a weekly schedule and put the effort into making the topics shine.

- Work on my blogs. My personal blogs and misc projects have completely fallen into ghost towns - I have not touched them since before the whole "move into an RV" thing occurred to change everything. I don't know if I need/want to put any effort into them right now, but i hate for things to be sticking around in limbo.

- Fixing the RV. There is much still to do that needs to me to make phone calls, do research, buy supplies, set appointments, get quotes, and make actual hands-on repairs.

- Planning RV trips. This is a lot of fun and something that needs to be done anyway.

- Painting and crafts. I love to work on these kinds of things but just end up NOT doing them. It always seems there is something more important/pressing to do.

- Life stuff/errands. Things like dr appts, dentists, bathing the dogs, laundry, food shopping, running out the recycling, returning things to stores, going to the post office, cleaning the RV.

- Filing. More life stuff - the paperwork variety. Taxes, road logs, campground and RV maint logs, business things, print out and read work things, make a business planning calendar, etc.

- Spend time with hubby. It's funny; we spend all our time together but don't actually do activities together. The only things we really do for fun is watch Farscape each night (or whatever series we are working our way through).

- Yoga. I love it and have not set aside time for it an ages.

- Let me think about what other things i might be missing.

If anyone has any suggestions for me on how to arrange things, i'd love to hear it. It would really be easy for me to fill up my time with freelance writing/blogging work, but i don't know if i want to go in that direction or not. Help! :-)

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Zebra
Zebra
Hey, Jilly!

Good to see you back here! I've been sporadic at best lately myself, too, and only have a second here as I'm working on graduations.

However, wanted to say "hi" and hope you're enjoying the new lifestyle!

As to helping with your schedule, my first thought is go back to the priorities and see what's in line there. Some may need changing, but I think it's a good starting point!

Much luck!

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Hi Deb! The Rving is awesome. :-)

I don't want to go thru the priorities right now; just looking for some discussion to think about. :-)

Last edited by Jilly; 04/06/09 12:18 AM.
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Ah. For example, I have an offer for a blogging gig that is only 200 words, twice a week, for $15 each. I need to decide this week. Do i want to fill up my time with this kind of thing? I don't know anymore.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I have to admit that my first thought too was to sit down and list your priorities smile All of those activities are interesting, but they're all just "end results" of a variety of priorities. If we knew what your priorities were, then choosing the matching activities would be easy!

How about just the next two weeks. What do you feel are priorities for those two weeks? Are there things that are really important to do soon?

For example if in the future you guys will be roaming via RV and staying on the side of the road, then enjoying the cool amenities here would be a priority for me. Might as well enjoy them while you have them! And you can do that with Dan and also achieve your be-together priority!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I really just want to discuss this stuff i listed. I want to hear what other people's POVs are to bounce ideas off of. Please indulge me. :-) I have been working on the Five Things a Week, for example, and that is going well.

What I really want to do is nothing. Just enjoy myself. But i don't know if I will feel guilty, or useless, sluglike. frown is it fair to just enjoy myself?

Last edited by Jilly; 04/06/09 11:41 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
OK so just to clarify you want to hear if WE were in your position what WE would want to do? I can do that smile That's a very different question to me!

If I was living in an RV ... I would take advantage of the cool things around me right now, since I wasn't going to be there forever. I would explore something each day. As part of my exploration I would take photos, or write poems, or draw images, to involve my creative soul in the current spot. It would create a visual record of the interesting places I'd gone.

I would encourage my boyfriend to take photos with me, he likes photography. So that would have us spend time together.

I would do yoga each morning, somewhere in camp. It would be my celebration of the location.

Jilly - with everything you have been going through and all the stress you SHOULD spend the time relaxing. It's not about being a slug. It's about allowing your body to recharge and become healthy. It is a critical, necessary part of your cycle. Focus on becoming rested!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
You have traded one lifestyle for another which will be filled with many new experiences.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Hmmm, I think I am getting somewhere. This is really helpful. I have been thinking about what Lisa said, and then sat down with DH and asked his opinion. He said I should make painting a priority, and add in only whatever else I have been dreaming about. So...okay.

In my fantasy, I'd like to spend time each day on yoga, working out and running, enjoying the resorts, reading/learning new things, and doing painting/photography.

I'd like to spend much more time with Dan, maybe doing romantic things. It's been a pretty long time since we have related in that kind of way.

I will work on my Five Things each week, RV stuff as needed, and planning our trips. I will work on my BellaOnline topics. Not sure about Mused.

So my priorities along these lines are being creative, peaceful, fit, and being more loving with my partner.

Not sure how my priority of being productive will fit in. What IS being productive, anyway?

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Okay, I just made myself a post-it saying:

Creative
Peaceful
Fit
Loving
Productive

I hung it by my morning/evening routine schedules to glance at as needed throughout the day. I can look at it each time I am trying to figure out how to create my day, and see if everything aligns with those priorities.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  leahmullen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.