It has been three months since I wrote "New Year's Resolutions Tips and Strategies". Since it is always good to "check in" periodically to see how you are doing, I thought I would ask here: 1) What goals have you already accomplished this year? 2) What goals do you need help on -- maybe some advice, a cheering squad, or a revision? 3) Have you decided to pitch any goals for this year and why?

If you have completed a goal and you would like to share, please do so. I think it is always helpful to hear what others have accomplished, how they did it and were there any obstacles to overcome.

I'll start by telling you about two of my goals for this year: 1) to start a blog tailored to my massage students and write weekly. I was so determined to figure out how to do a blog (since I tell my students that they should have one in their business) that I sat down at my computer all day on New Year's day and slowly by trial and error got my blog up using Wordpress. It is called www.creatingaprosperouspractice.com. I even figured out how to post articles ahead of time so to date I have successfully posted a quote every Monday and a regular post on Thursdays. 2) Declutter. I got married almost two years ago to a man who is a minimalist (to say the least) and he is constantly harping on me on how much stuff I have. Since we want to move sometime in the near future, I have agreed to go through all of my stuff (old hobbies, inventory from old businesses, etc.) and get rid of things that I don't use or love anymore. This one has been a little more challenging for me because there is so much money tied up in the "stuff". I am slowing putting items on eBay, Craigslist and Amazon as well as making donations to local charities. There is still a lot to do but I am slowing seeing floor space. My husband is happy with my progress, but more importantly I feel so much "lighter" (if that makes any sense) and I was so excited about how much I accomplished yesterday that I could hardly sleep last night.

What goals, challenges, successes do you have to share?

Last edited by Linda - Body Image; 04/04/09 09:55 PM.

Linda Steele, Body Image Editor
Body Image Website
Body Image Forum