Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#508812 04/04/09 10:30 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
I think that the Bob is the most popular hair style ever. There has been a bob variation in every hair style trend through the years.
Chin Length Bob and a Variation

Do you, or have you worn a Bob hair cut?

Bobs I have worn
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 04/04/09 10:29 AM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
By the way, a bob that reaches your shoulders is no longer a bob. It is a Page.

Shark
Shark
I voted -- I'm wearing a bob now, and I love it! It's my favorite hairstyle, both on me and others. I'm short, and my face is small, so a bob doesn't dwarf me or my face.

It's also easy to take care of, and I find less hair everywhere....well maybe there's the same amount of hair, but it's shorter, so it seems less :-)

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
I have worn bobs in other years and had one last year. Sometime in the last 6 or 7 months, my bob has grown to my shoulders and so has left the bob category. It is now a page. smile

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
I just cut my daughter and grandaughter into bob. Two completely different bobs. One is very layered and the other is only layered around the perimeter making it fringy around the edges.

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I love a carefree bob style and used to wear them often. Now my hair is so thin, I am afraid to cut it short. I keep it long so I can pull it up to cover the thinning spots. Any suggestions, Lynne?

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I have notices in many women that keeping the hair long in order to cover thinning spots actually draws more attention to the thinness.

My mother does this, too.

When you have thinning hair, and you grow it out long, it starts to look pretty stringy and unhealthy. You just kind of have the comfort mindset of having "more hair" because it is longer.

When you cut it shorter, though - it tends to bounce more and look fuller - it is not pulled out straight by its own weight. It will naturally have more body to it.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Oh - and I have never worn a bob. My hair went from very, very long (all one length) to long with layers to bald (lol) to short - I haven't had the patience to let it grow back out to a bob stage yet! I keep getting irritated with it at that curly awkward stage and go chop it all off again.

Plus, with my face being as round as it is - I don't think a bob would be very attractive, I would look like the pillsbury dough boy! I need the choppy layers.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Although I keep my hair quite long, I do not wear it down - ever. I keep it pinned up with curls in the back. This covers the parts of the scalp that are thinning out and so is not as noticeable. My hair is also very fine and soft, like baby hair, so it never develpes that stringy, unhealthy look if I did wear it down. What concerns me, is, if I cut it into a bob (which I love) I do not know if that would conceal the thinning areas enough and I would hate to find out the hard way.

I also like choppy layers and kind of a messy-look with a little curl, soft curl.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Ah - gotcha!

My mom just drives me nuts with her hair!

We are in constant arguments, LOL!

She wants me to look the way I did when I was 12 - hair blond/blonde, down to my bottom, and I want her to move into the 21st century and not look like she just walked out of some cult that doesn't believe in using makeup or hair products! grin

This is my Mom at our wedding 8 yrs ago (I don't have a more recent picture!) She's lost about 70 lbs since, and about 1/2 of her hair is grey now - but this is how she wears it. I want her to get a makeover!!!!!!!

Last edited by Spirituality&SFFMoviesEd; 04/05/09 06:42 PM.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/13/24 08:03 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/10/24 08:39 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/06/24 02:11 PM
Curiosity and Learning
by Angie - 04/06/24 09:56 AM
Easy to Sew Pillowcases
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/03/24 04:38 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/31/24 01:10 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.