logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Gecko
Gecko
I am just curious why the library does not uphold the traditional Quiet and no talking that used to be upheld in all libraries. Not any more. The parents bring in unruly loud kids, the people are on their cell phones even though the policy states turn off cell phones. Libraries are used for research and studying many times and this is no longer possible. It is up to the Library staff to uphold these rules. They have fallen down in their responsibilities or are afraid of the patrons. The library is a privledge not a free for all.

I would not mind a cat in the library such as "Dewey" but animals are animals and you must also think of them. They would be subjected to all sorts of humans. I think when going to a public place the best place is to leave them home where they belong.

Last edited by rdywenur; 04/13/09 09:16 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
I think in this day and age when teachers need to be careful of children bringing guns to school and never knowing about the mental stability of who you may be speaking too, the library staff getting older...etc... times have changed drastically. I find the smaller libraries quieter, but the larger ones are mostly a free for all. Yes policy is one thing, being able to enforce it with all the "crazies" out there is something entirely different. I was in a library last year when two patrons got into an argument in a computer lab and one of them pulled a gun, and this was in a "good" neighborhood....you just never know.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
I'm self conscious even when we are getting ready or cleaning up from a booksale and we are taking the cart or boxes back and forth through the library. People are working with earphones, studying, engrossed in books. Some places should be quiet zones.

Gecko
Gecko
I guess then there are no sacred places...not even in church where people walk in and shoot people.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
LOL, when I saw this title at the right side of the screen I thought it was about keeping animals in libraries. The middle school I used to teach in had an iguana and some birds that lived in the library. They were very quiet!

A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
My pastor brings his dog to church - he roams at will and will sleep at the pastor's feet during Mass. Everyone has to watch where they step so that they don't trip over him.

Shark
Shark
Well, we now have 2 little frogs in an aquarium in our storytime room.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.