Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#506729 03/30/09 08:39 AM
"Rosie" Offline OP
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I was really upset over my dream last night, My daughter came and told me the doctors told her she only had a short time to live.

Rosie L
Sponsored Post Advertisement
"Rosie" #507064 03/30/09 09:14 PM
Shark
Shark
Hi,

That is a truly upsetting dream. Dreams like that are always upsetting. However, if it makes you feel any better, dreams are often symbolic rather than literal. Also, dreams are often reflections of anxieties and not indicators of possible realities. Do you have any anxieties regarding your daughter's health? Is there anything going on - not necessarily heath related - that concerns you regarding your daughter? How old is your daughter?

On a symbolic level, what was the context of the dream? Did your daughter just appear and tell you this or were there other things going on in the dream? What was your response in the dream? Why was your daughter telling you this? And finally, and I know this sounds like a stupid question, but what was your reaction in the dream? Were you frightened, calm, resigned, etc.? And what was your daughter's emotional state in the dream?

Finally, one thing to consider is that dream characters can also actually be symbolic of our selves. That means that your daughter might not literally be your daughter, but rather some aspect of you. And if that is the case, then the death would not be a literal death, but an integration of or a maturation of some part of yourself, which to the un-integrated part might feel like death - that's why the emotional content that you felt in the dream itself is so important.

Let me know how you're doing!

Moderated by  ChidoriDreams2 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.