Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
T
Hi my friends, how are you? Here is the press release for Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time series graphic adaptation, enjoy smile

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
T
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
T
Hi my friends, how are you? Here's more news on Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time, enjoy smile

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Well, I don't know anything about the Graphic Novel. Although I love comics, I'm not too into taking great novels and turning them into comics, or graphic novels as they are coming to be known. I believe that strips the reader of their own imagination.

But my husband said they have found a writer to take on the task of taking Jordan's notes and trying to finish the series.

All of us fans were left mourning not only the loss of a favourite author, but the ending of a decade long story. We'll never know how Robert Jordan would have done it, and we'll always wonder - but we'll have a little satisfaction in the series at least.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Gecko
Gecko
Michelle-

Robert Jordan died? Eeek! I hadn't heard! My husband and I have loved the WOT books. I can't imagine how someone else could step in and fill those shoes.

Very sad news, indeed.

Lorel

B
Gecko
Gecko
B
At the risk of annoying the [censored] out of all of you .... I have such mixed feelings about the WOT series. It took me a couple of times to get into the first. My sister loves the series, so I kept trying. Once I got started, I enjoyed it. However, I only read up until about the 5th book because the beginnings were great and the endings were great but the middle stuff was just too long and boring. I couldn't skip it though and understand the rest. Urgh. I swear, if Nynaeve pulled her braid one more time, I was gonna have to jump into the pages of the book and wrap it around her neck. smile

Anyway - did it get better? Should I finish them after all?

Barbara Sharpe

T
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
T
Hi Spirituality&SFFMoviesed my friend, how are you? Actually we've been doing an excellent job with New York Times Bestselling graphic adaptations. We did Jim Butcher's Dresden Files "Welcome to the Jungle" an original story by Jim and it made the USA Today list. We would have been 15 on New York Times if they covered Graphic adaptations.

Here's the link to the ten page (inked) preview of The Wheel of Time issue #0. It will be done in full color. If the link doesn't work for you, please go to my website it is is the three W 3times Dabel Brothers dot and then com but there are no spaces in between and you can see the pages and the colored cover from there, enjoy and please let me know your thoughts. We are doing it together with Tor and I think you all might enjoy it smile

T
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
T
so just to be sure I did this right www dabel brothers dot com lol, enjoy smile

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Hi Khan!

You know, after reading "Watchmen" I may have to change my mind.

I was an X-Men fan growing up, so it is not that I dislike comics at all - i've just always had a problem with other people interpreting things for me. I'm a book snob, it comes from having too many Stephen King novels ruined I think.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
T
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
T
Hi again Spirituality@SFFMoviesEd my friend!

I have to say "Watchmen" was great smile And yes, you should change your mind wink

Well, the good thing about it is that I'm not only the President/CEO of Dabel Brothers Publishing but I'm also a fantasy/scifi fan and I want to see it done right so I can read it too, lol smile

T
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
T
Below is the first interview done by the WoT artist for the upcoming graphic adaptation, it is up on my website, enjoy smile

Moderated by  SF/FBooks Evelyn 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.