Amoeba
Amoeba
L
yes

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Angie #592750 03/25/10 02:53 PM
D
D
[quote=Angie]Ms. Jones is the one who challenged everyone to writing at least five minutes every day for the first week and then increasing it to ten the following week and then increasing it thereafter. [/quote] That is such a great idea! I write daily, but when I'm trying to encourage other people to keep a journal, trying to write for half an hour can seem very daunting to them. I love the idea of starting off with five minutes and increasing it. Kind of like running - you don't start off with a marathon. You run around the block once. Next week you run around the block twice. And so on. I took a couple of memoir courses and what amazed me was the stories that so many of us "average" people have. People experience and survive heroic adventures on a daily basis. We all have a story to tell.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
We do have chat software here at BellaOnline, so maybe we can talk our journals editor into hosting a weekly chat here!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
I
Shark
Shark
I
The trouble I have with so many of these things is arranging a time that's good for everyone. Seems like I've seen so many chats and online seminars that are on weekday afternoons... that time is bad for me and I'm sure for many others. Evenings are good for me but might not be for you!

How DO you figure out a good time, or would one recommend having some kind of open chat room, say on a day where one could come in whenever?

I'm still thinking here. I'm sorry to have been so uncommunicative lately, but I've been very much "under the weather".

Be Well,
Doxi
Founder & Chief Whiner
S.N.E.R.T.s
Survivors of Nearly Every Rotten Thing
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I find the same thing with chats, it is pretty much impossible to find a time that works for everyone. Even here at BellaOnline when we have an "editor's chat" that a ton of editors really want to attend, out of 400 editors we might get maybe 15 who can make that exact time and day. So it is just very hard.

An alternative is to set up a forum thread about a specific topic and then make one day - say Monday April 12th - a primary day to post in the thread. So on Monday, when people can, they swing by, see the discussion, add their notes, and feel like they're a part of it. But that way even people who are busy on Monday and who come by on Tuesday can see the discussion and add in their thoughts.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
D
D
Lisa - I like your idea about forum thread day. I'd totally be up for participating in that. I have a prob, too with daytime chats because of my 9-5 gig.

I
Shark
Shark
I
I have a 9-5 Plus schedule, meaning I do extra stuff many evenings and weekends. I could do a forum thread day...

Be Well,
Doxi
Founder & Chief Whiner
S.N.E.R.T.s
I
Shark
Shark
I
And I do apologize for not responding. Between my schedule and a truly horrific fibromyalgia flare, I've been really low.

I won't bore you all with the details; that's for my journal (and a captive audience it is)!

Be Well,
Doxi
Founder & Chief Whiner
S.N.E.R.T.s
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  kkgarcia 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.