Next Thread
Print Thread
#478791 12/25/08 02:31 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I highly recommend the Bissell 9400 ProHeat unit for carpet cleaning. We have had ours for about two years now. We work from home so having a clean environment is important to us. Also, we have between two and four cats at any given time, and they manage to get dirt and grime all over. We definitely needed something to get the dirt out of the carpets, and our previous carpet cleaners just weren't doing a great job.

First, this unit has a built in heater. This is great! With other carpet cleaners the water seemed to turn lukewarm or even cold within minutes. With the ProHeat the water was always warm and doing a good job of getting the dirt to break up.

The scrub brushes on the front really do a good job of getting the dirt to shake loose out of the carpet. They even manage to get up cat fur that a thorough vacuuming isn't able to get up. It is really great that even hair that is deep within the carpet - that normal vacuum cleaners can't get to - are brought up to the surface with this unit.

There's a good carry handle on the front, I can bring this up and down stairs without any problem.

You can switch the unit to do just water, or a low or heavy amount of solution. I love these options. It means I can do a pass with the cleaner, and then do a second pass later with just water. That ensures that the carpet is left clean, fresh, with no soapy residue.

Highly recommended - this unit is great. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about it! It is just amazing at how well it cleans. I definitely recommend that everyone clean their carpets at least every quarter. You'll be amazed at what your vacuum is missing - at how your carpet is affecting the air you breathe.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
T
Amoeba
Amoeba
T
I bought one before Christmas. The first and only time I used it the water did not recycle into the machine but went all over the carpet took several days to dry. What am I doing wrong that the water won't fill the reservor with the dirty water? The instructions do not explain this problem. At first though it cleaned the carpet better than any other machine that I had used before.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I have a Bissel Green Machine that I love, but i wish it had a heat option. I won't go out and buy a new one though, just to have that.

I wish it also had a spot cleaner that I could just let sit and work on it.

Hmmm. Maybe I should sell mine and get the thing you recommend. What's nice is that it fits in my RV basement so it is always handy.

I DID have a wonderful large steam cleaner, but we sold that to our landlord when we moved into the RV. That was awesome to have. I love steamed carpets.

Last edited by Jilly; 03/18/09 12:15 AM.
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Three Spices - It sounds like you don't have the waste water section hooked in properly. It should definitely fill up!

I am SO much a proponent of steam cleaning carpets. It is amazing how much filth these machines pick up, that vacuum cleaners leave behind.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum

Moderated by  Tammy - Cleaning Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.