Next Thread
Print Thread
#499177 03/03/09 08:11 AM
F
FLCindy Offline OP
OP Offline
F
From Angela's March Daily Prompts:

March 3rd - This week is Save Your Vision Week and while your physical health and eyesight is certainly important, I want to talk about a greater vision. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Describe what that looks like - your daily activities, the people you know, the things you are doing.

Last edited by BellaOnline; 03/05/09 02:17 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
Five years from now both of my daughters will be in high school and I expect we will be busy with boys, dances, sports and the like.

I hope to have a productive writing career and I am well on my way with that.

I might and do mean might be married again if I ever decide I want to go down that road again (my boyfriend would in a heart beat!)

I would like to have a small group of close friends I can do stuff with like, catch a quick lunch, start a book club, etc etc. Most of my close friends have moved away and I have to start over with that.

I hope to be in the new house we are considering building. Which will be a big task. We have a great lot but the old house will have to be removed before we can build, which means living somewhere else for awhile. Eke Gads!

lol.. I could go on, hopefully some of that stuff will pan out... crazy

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
In five years my son will be out of college. Other than that I imagine I will want to keep doing what I'm doing - helping teach people with BellaOnline, working from home, developing low carb recipes, testing out games, eternally trying to keep the house clean smile Maybe by then there will actually be less clutter in the house!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
In five years we will still be RVing. I think we might have traded up to a nicer RV by then, probably a diesel pusher engine and with one slide. ONLY ONE slide! I think the rigs with 3-4 slides is much too much, actually.

But we could use a tad more room in the living area - my office has to be in the cockpit, sitting in the navigator's chair. Very tight squeeze for an office! :-)But otherwise I like the length of the RV. Oh, and there is nowhere to put the TV either, which makes each evening a little annoying.

But I am hoping we are still loving this lifestyle and have it all down to perfection.

What else in 5 years? it scares me to actually make something concrete by writing about it, as I have done this in the past and nothing ever comes of it. I mean, I couuld say that I'd like to be making some kind of decent income, have lots of ebooks written and available...but i have to face that it might not happen, not with my HFA. So i will avoid that topic.

Ummm. Thinking simply....in five years Dan and i will still be married, I will have been painting, writing, hiking, paddling. I will still be writing online for BellaOnline and developing my other projects. And I will have figured out what to do with all the stuff I have o n storage, one way or the other.

Jilly #503502 03/17/09 09:07 PM
K
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
I have no idea about 5 yrs from now. I hope to be able to define happiness a bit better and to find it

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Jilly - you have achieved a TON of things!! Look at all the amazing progress you have made on many fronts! I'm not sure anybody ever reaches "every single goal" they aim for - the purpose of having many goals is to give yourself options to account for the wildness of the universe smile

Your RV is SO cool - that in itself is a huge goal to help you with all your travel and exploration and see the world ideas! Think of all the cool places you will go!

TV. My dad doesn't have a TV at all - he watches all his shows on a flat screen monitor. My son doesn't have a TV - he does the same thing. What if you guys simply donated your TV to charity and had a flat screen monitor instead? Flat, hangs on the wall! They have conversion boxes for maybe $50 that let you send in a TV signal if you really do have a need for TV signals.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Kristin - we have the entire process laid out step by step to help you! Start here -

What Are Your Priorities

That will guide you towards your long term goals!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Thanks Lisa. it does feel good to realize this whole new life is directly due to the effort i put into this. it seems so very worth it.

The wildness of the universe. I like that.

When I say TV, I don't mean an actual television - we use a flat screen monitor too. There is just nowhere to put it. We don't have a slideout, so there is pretty much no horizontal space to put anything. We'd hang it, but Dan is afraid to drill into any of the walls and ceilings and i don't blame him. So we keep the monitor on the couch during the day and move it to the top of the sink when we watch it each night. It's pretty annoying but no other solution springs to mind.

Last edited by Jilly; 03/21/09 05:13 PM.
Jilly #504339 03/21/09 07:00 PM
Five years?? I can't plan that far ahead for myself when I'm parenting two autistic boys as just getting through day to day is plenty...... BUT I would like to continue to grow with my art journaling. I'm such a beginner, in fact I did my very first collage page only last night. I'm happy pottering along in bits of time here and there. Five years ahead is HUGE in my circumstances. :))

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Jilly - you have really achieved amazing things in a short period of time. Relish that incredibly gigantic transition that you have made with your own efforts.

On the TV - I know it's scary to drill so put this on future plans. Drilling into your RV will soon seem normal. Many people have a fold-down from the ceiling. Get a bracket that mounts to the ceiling, that folds flat against it. Then it folds down to vertical when you want to watch it!

Yarnplay - it is scary to everyone to plan five years ahead. This isn't about actually planning to meet every single five year goal. It's about setting a guide post. It's about having a general direction that your life is going to head in.

if you start here with priorities -

Priority setting

You'll find it's quite natural and very helpful to set up long term priorities and goals like "have the kids grow up healthy". That then helps you organize your current life to get there.

Low Carb Forum

Moderated by  kkgarcia 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.