logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 32 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 31 32
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
LOL (Laughing Out Loud) Lynne. That's something I would do...only I would exercise while clutching a taco. :D Holiday, what Laura means is...what is your name? My name is Janis, but my name on this board is AutumnBeauty. ;) Brenda, sorry you're still feeling yucky. How odd that you were sick exactly a year ago! Where did you read Lynne's thinning hair suggetions? I must have missed that. Even only it was only a 6 hour day, it felt longer! I am tired and stiff as a board! I'm going to head out and lay down for a while before it's time to get dinner going...which won't be long. Ok, where is Laura today? Someone else needs to start our next thread because I'm already sick of seeing my face everytime I come in here. :D So what is everyone up to?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
E
E
hi everyone! sorry to be slow to post. my dad is in an acute icu. he had to go by ambulance on monday night. so i was at the hospital yesterday and also tried to work. it is a long story re symptoms, etc, but they now know one thing affecting him is pneumonia. his fever has broken, but they still dont know what is going on with his hip. and they dont think there is any GI bleeding. so they finally took out the NG tube, and may let him eat a little. the hosp has 2 levels for icu. they rarely use the acite one, so he has 4 people taking care of him exclusively. he is in a military hosp since it is close to their home and he has had amazing care there. he has other serious stuff going on also. prostrate cancer, heart conditions, and he has had an exceptionally severe case of shingles for 12 yrs. they said it is the worst they have ever seen. this is all really hard on my mom, esp since she also is ill. so, a lot going on and then also trying to work, so i am tired. but i send you all love and hugs. i will try to pop in soon.

Edin #503877 03/19/09 11:21 AM
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Oh (((Stephanie)))! I'm so sorry to hear this. That is a lot going on and my heart goes out to you. My prayers will also be with you and your parents. Please keep us posted! (((hugs & prayers))) I've got a few minutes before I have to get in the shower and get ready for work. I fixed a nice salad for lunch today, so I'm prepared to be good. :D My daughter and I went out for sandwiches last night and I got fries with mine. I hadn't eaten since 1 o'clock that day, and it was 7 pm. I was sooo hungry! I scarfed it all down...every bit of it and then I felt so horrible for doing that to myself! :( I could have saved half the sandwich for today's lunch, but no...I reasoned that if I did that, the bread would be too soggy and it would be ruined, so I might as well eat it all. Isn't it funny how you can make perfect sense to yourself while in the middle of an eating frenzy? *annoyed with myself* Tomorrow is Friday! Yea!!! I am looking forward to it! :D Hope everyone is having a blessed day. Talk to you all later. (((hugs)))

G
Amoeba
Amoeba
G
Hi ladies. I was OP yesterday. Stephanie, I am sorry your dad is so sick. He is in my prayers. It's so stressful having someone you love suffer. *hugs* Janis, I for one, am not sick of looking at your face. LOL I like it. You know, I was thinking this 'eating plan' that I'm on might work for you. If I remember correctly you have trouble when you feel like certain foods are off-limits? I am doing a modified Dr. Oz thing, and though my loss has been as slow as molasses in December, it is something I can stick to and still loose. I need to start laying out some goals on this site. Let me know if you are interested. Laura, where you be girlie? I'm teaching Sunday School this week (9-12 year olds) so that should be interesting. I like to give them little snacks but I don't want to do anything too unhealthy. It seems like our churches are notorious for handing out junk food.

G
Amoeba
Amoeba
G
Oh Janis, I meant to say... I don't exactly know what the name of the thread was. I'm not good at navigating this site yet. Sorry!!!

L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
Janis, sorry I was MIA yesterday but I was exhausted. I had errands to run and then came home and barely looked at the computer. I had only had 3 hours of sleep the night before. Now that tom has started hopefully that won't be an issue anymore (this month.) I don't think I could work in a dirty environment, asthma or not. The dust would probably make me break out in hives. Thank you for the encouragement about the weight loss. :) Steph, I am so sorry to hear about your dad! ((((hugs))) to you my friend. Take care of your mom and dad, but pull back when you need a break for YOU. Do you have any siblings who could help with the care? Brenda, how are you feeling today? That is soooo wierd that you had the same exact thing last year at the same exact time! *cue Twilight Zone music* LOL. Thank you too for the encouragement about the weight loss, and yes we sure CAN do this! ( I would say "yes we can" but I don't want to VOMIT!!) I low-carbed yesterday but blew it at the end of the day by eating strawberry short cake. *rolleyes* I could've easily just had strawberries alone, but noooooo, I just had to scarf down the shortcake. So, didn't lose after yesterday, although that was no surprise. Lynne, being a hairdresser is a great profession. Guess you enjoy it if you've stayed in it for 40 years! I too am LOL about eating an Oreo on the treadmill! LOL. Kinda defeats the purpose eh? Thanks for looking into the smilie and quote features not working. It sure is strange. I'd be surprised if you have to be on here a certain time even for the quote feature to work. That makes no sense at all. Holiday, yeah, I was just wondering what your name is. You speak excellent English considering it's a second language to you.

LKBF #503971 03/19/09 06:00 PM
E
E
hi everyone, tks for your dear messages. they mean so much. my dad does not have GI bleeding as they thought might be there. he does have pneumonia, and the high fever may be why he hallucinated, which prompted my mom to call the paramedics. he has massive hip pain still, and they think it is an old injury acting up. the 2 together made for a confusing diagnosis. he is 87 so it is hard on him, and he also is dealing with prostrate cancer, is a heart-triple bypass patient, and he has had the worst case of shingles for 12 yrs. docs say worst they have seen. so he has a lot of challenges. he is ex military and they live near a base and have had amazing care so that was where the paramedics took him. he was put in an acute ICU, a notch above ICU (which for military they can have more extensive cases, so they have an even higher level ICU). he was their only patient so he had 4 people taking care of him. he was so blessed. and they were wonderful to him and to my mom also. they think they may send him home today and he will have follow up, and also has to have a lumbar series/ appt to check his hip. they used 2 diff antibiotics and it seemed to knock the pneumonia, but he will of course have follow-up. thanks again, and i appreciate all of you so much. hugssssss

Edin #504059 03/20/09 06:07 AM
L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
Good Morning girls! I see I'm the early bird this morning. :) Stephanie, it sounds like he's much better than first thought! That's great! I hope he's feeling as good as new soon. :)I know you must be greatly relieved. Is anyone going to a TEA party near them? That stands for "Taxed Enough Already!" They will be held on April 15th all across the nation on the front steps of City Halls. There are already 1,000 planned. I'll be there with my sign! *mwahhahahahaha*

LKBF #504076 03/20/09 09:42 AM
G
Amoeba
Amoeba
G
Listen, I just had that TEA discussion with DH. We are supposed to find out how much we owe the IRS this morning. I know it's gonna hurt. A lot. Uggghhhh.... it's hard to render unto Caesar when you have a Geithner in charge.

G
Amoeba
Amoeba
G
Oh... I want to add... HAPPY SPRING!!!!

Page 8 of 32 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 31 32

Moderated by  Lynne - ChristianLiving 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.