logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 32 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 31 32
Holiday #503396 03/17/09 02:51 PM
You guys are the sweetest people on these forums and I like this forum a lot! I cannot spend too much time here though.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Holiday #503421 03/17/09 04:01 PM
L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
Oops! Sorry Holiday. It just means "in real life". It's internet lingo more than anything. BSF stands for "Bible Study Fellowship", which Janis mentioned. What country are you from and how long have you been in the states? You seem to be doing pretty good imo. (imo means "in my opinion". ) Is there another name we can call you besides "Holiday"? I feel kinda silly calling you that. [b]GIRLS[/b], I lost 5.2 lbs. in 2 weeks! I am just cutting down, (read...not being a piggy) not "dieting" per se. Most days I don't even count all my calories. For sure I'm not losing water though, because like I mentioned, I am not drinking water to flush water out, plus I haven't cut back on sodium intake.

Last edited by LKBF; 03/17/09 04:06 PM.
LKBF #503423 03/17/09 04:07 PM
L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
The code not working in this thread is getting seriously annoying.

Holiday #503606 03/18/09 09:03 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Good morning everyone.
Laura, I am a hairdresser - have been for about 40 years. eek As you see, the smilies work for me so I'm guessing that they are disabled until you reach a certain number of posts. I have emailed the webmaster but have not recieved a reply as yet. She is very busy.

Janis, Shoot, if I was in BSF this year, we could talk about the questions! My 7th year was Monor Prophet and the History of Israel. It was the hardest year of all 7. One of my favorite years was Moses.

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Hello Holliday,
BSF = Bible Study Fellowship is a wonderful study. I think it is worth the time and the effort however it is something that takes time. Besides the meeting once a week there are bible study questions to answer everyday. I would sometimes put in over an hour a day but many said it took them about 20 to 30 minutes.

Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Good morning ladies! :) Sorry I didn't check in after work. I was so tired, plus me darling daughter was on the computer talking with her friends. I just ate dinner, then took my daughter out for some frozen yogurt and came home to watch American Idol. I'm not impressed with it this year. Not at all. It's barely holding my attention. Laura, congratulations on losing over 5 lbs! I think I was the one who gained it in water weight, though. :( Today I'm drinking a lot of water! Holiday, BSF is a little time consuming, but I've found that it's a good way to spend time. Any time with the Lord is time well spent! My friend and I enjoy working on it together and usually get together a few times a week to work on it, but with me working now, I'm finding it hard to find the time. The last two weeks we've gotten together to work on it, we've read the notes AND answered the questions all in one day. I don't like cramming it all into one day. I'll be glad when tax season is over with! :D Lynne, how cool that you're a hair dresser! I almost was one myself! I took a class when I was in high school and I thought I would really enjoy it, but I never followed through. Story of my life! Israel & the Minor Prophets was my starting point and was terribly hard for me. The Apostle's study was hard for me, too, but I loved Genesis and Romans! And Moses is a good study, too. I went through a breast cancer scare last year during Romans and so much of the lessons were just hitting home for me, talking about how we can't look at the circumstances and that we must keep our eyes on Him. It really helped me not to go into a full blown panic! Hey Brenda and Stephanie! Where are you guys? Come out and play, why don't ya? :D I've got to get going. My daughter is patiently waiting to get on the computer. I'll try once again to pop in after work. Have a good day! :D

G
Amoeba
Amoeba
G
Hi guys. I still have the crud but am seeing a little light at the end of the tunnel. Funnily enough, last night DH said he had me on his prayer journal last year at the same time with exactly the same thing. I made it though the last time, so I guess there's hope for me now. LOL Janis, it sounds like you and Lynne have a lot in common. *thumbs up* I'm waiting on smilies too. :) I 'like' AI this year, Janis. My DD *hearts* Danny. LOL Lynne, I was reading your recommendation on thinning hair. I do not like the way mine is looking on the top AT ALL. :( Laura, wtg on the 5 pounds. That is a really good loss. We can do this. Really. Right? Hi to Holiday and Stephanie. I look forward to getting to know you ladies.

LKBF #503637 03/18/09 12:51 PM
Thank you all for the explanations. :) [quote=LKBF]Oops! Sorry Holiday. It just means "in real life". It's internet lingo more than anything. BSF stands for "Bible Study Fellowship", which Janis mentioned. What country are you from and how long have you been in the states? You seem to be doing pretty good imo. (imo means "in my opinion". ) Is there another name we can call you besides "Holiday"? I feel kinda silly calling you that. [/quote] I've been in the US for less than a year (10 months, to be more precise), but I can speak English well because I have studied it. Back home, in Romania, I worked as an English teacher and translator. They didn't teach me all your slang in school though :) As for the name... do you have any suggestions?

Holiday #503660 03/18/09 02:21 PM
G
Amoeba
Amoeba
G
I think most schools would love to keep the slang out, Holiday. :) It seeps in anyway. Especially in my part of the world. :) Keep hangin' 'round and you'll be saying y'all before you know it. LOL

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Quote:
Laura, wtg on the 5 pounds. That is a really good loss. We can do this. Really. Right?

You all have me motivated by your talk of dieting and losing weight, so I got on the treadmil. Then I realized that I was eating an Oreo while I was on it. smile

Page 7 of 32 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 31 32

Moderated by  Lynne - ChristianLiving 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.