logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I know they aren't...I'm having veggies for lunch and dinner today. Out of lettuce and not sure if I'll get to the market today...but the veggies will be fine.

Granny
Thousands of years ago cats were considered Gods
Cats have never forgotten this.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Lisa,

Last week I tried one of the steamer bags of brussel sprouts, and my dad just loved them. I asked him last night what vegetable he would like and he said, "Those little cabbages." He couldn't think of the name. Now we have a new favorite vegetable. It was so cute.

He was mostly eating small cans of corn and peas. Now he is eating much more healthy vegetables.

Now that I am eating low carb, he pretty much goes along with me. He was shocked when he lost five pounds in the last week. smile

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Edie...those "little cabbages" are one of my favorites. I just love those individual steamer bags...I don't have to deal with nasty leftovers...which never taste as good as first time around anyway.

Granny
L
Gecko
Gecko
L
My family loves brussles sprouts! Those little cabbages! Cute!

I halve and blanch them. Then, I fry some chopped bacon (it's ok here in the low carb forum, isn't it?) and then sautee some chopped onion in the bacon and the bacon fat. Then, I add a splash of vinegar, some Splenda, salt, pepper, and a bit of cornstarch blended with water. I toss in the brussles sprouts to coat.

It's a yummy Hot Bacon Brussels Sprouts dish. Their favorite. I used to use sugar but replaced with Splenda because of my diabetes.

Try it! smile

Elephant
Elephant
OMG Lori, I do something very similar with mine, except instead of frying them in the bacon, i mix it all together and throw it on the grill and toss in some balsamic and a touch of brown sugar (raw and natural).

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
L
Gecko
Gecko
L
MMMMMMM, Jase!!! That sounds soooo yummy! I love balsamic vinegar! So I assume you wrap it in foil? Or do you use a pan on the grill?!?!

Elephant
Elephant
I use a foil pan because just foil alone would burn too easily. I cover it with foil for about 10 minutes to let it steam and then take it off to color and condense. I call it my green baked beans alternative. Its got that bbq flavor and "starchiness" but lower carb than beans would be.

You can also take frozen brussel sprouts and frozen onions straight out of the freezer, mix them with your other ingrediants and cook them on the grill covered for about 25 minutes then uncovered about 30. It takes longer, but its simple and easy to do. I just start it when I light the grill so I am not wasting energy during the warm up period for the grill.

Another thing you can do is get the steamer bag BS and par cook them in the microwave. I always stop 2 minutes shy of the time on the bag. Then mix them with your frozen onions and such (you can also cut them in half then) and cook them normally on the grill in the pan.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Did so good today..I snacked on almonds and swiss cheese..then came home to make scrambled eggs and cheese for breakfast. Lunch was a huge salad..nice and crunchy and full of veggies, some cheese and an egg. Dinner was roast beef, beef broth and I finished off the green beans. Feeling pretty good about myself tonight. Love that salad. I bought hearts of Romain 3 in a bag..and I did one whole one for lunch. mmmmmmmmm

Granny
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I agree with everyone that the "tiny cabbages" are super tasty and easy to make! Anyone who hasn't tried brussel sprouts recently should grab a steamer bag and see how great they can taste like that.

Granny - that is AWESOME that you ate so well! I love big salads, they can be very tasty and really fill you up.

Good for you!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
We had a superb salad at Ruby Tuesday's Thursday night! I adore their salad bar. We were out for an evening of shopping and chores and I said I didn't want to eat fast food. Bob compromised with a quick meal at Ruby Tuesday - soup and salad. Their salad bar is so great!

Lettuce, spinach, carrots, cucumbers, cottage cheese, black olives, all sorts of things. We both loved it. After that we went to the supermarket, and got all sorts of fresh salad items for home!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.