Next Thread
Print Thread
#502702 03/14/09 07:30 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I found myself recently talking to my angels, in my car as usual, when out of the corner of my eye I saw a violet light. When I looked it was gone. But that may have been an angel encounter.

Angelic experiences don't necessarily happen like they do on TV. So, I think we have to be open to believing.

How about you? Have you ever had an angelic experience?

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
I am sure that I have had many angel experiences, but I can't call one in particular out. But I believe that I/we are surrounded by angels if we believe!

Mary Caliendo
Tea

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
Thank you, Deanna! I have an experience to share, but first I must give some background. I grew up as a teen in the early to mid 70's. My best friend, Becky, and I were somewhat facinated with new age things - mine being tarot cards. I reached the age of 18, and chose to apply to serve in the Army. Prior to my leaving home, my friend, Becky, & I attended a psychic fair with her older sister at a local occult bookstore. There was a woman there of renown at that time in the psychic community named Ellen Osgood Bittle. My friend & I spent some time talking with her, and it seems that she had been so touched with our conversation that she decided that she had to give me a book to take with me on my journey into military life. Of course, I assumed it would be one of the many occult books that filled the shelves of the store. But, to my surprise, she signed & gave me The Holy Bible. This, as I look back, was the first proof that no spirit on this earth is allowed to mislead me. Well, I then went on my journey soon after into the military. After a time, I came home for a visit to spend time with my best friend, Becky for her b-day in July. The day I had to leave again, I went by to say goodbye, and when leaving, I gazed on a person who exuded such love that I perceived a bright white aura around her. Off I went only to return in October because she had died in a freak accident at a beach on Lake Michigan. She and other friends were swinging on a rope tied to a branch over a revene. The branch broke and fell across her mid section and she died from her main artery being severed. Needless to say, I was very much in shock when I returned to attend her funeral. But the whole time I kept hearing inside 'it's not what it looks like'. The night after we buried her, I was going to bed and I was urged to throw my tarot cards away which I did without hesitation. I laid down to sleep, but was somewhat fearful for some reason of perhaps seeing her as an apparition. I seem to instantly fall asleep. When I woke, I had such a deep peace within me such as I had never known before and I began to recall walking and talking in the night with what I can only describe as a light being. The light eminating from this 'being' was so bright that I could not see him but I knew it was a being with arms and legs as a person. I don't remember not even one single word shared with me, but I knew this being had discussed with my spirit man everything I needed to know, and that the concious man would one day understand also. I had another dream 6 months later, and I was with my friend and I asked her how was she with me as she was dead, and she told me I just didn't understand yet, but that I would. Six months later, I had one final dream with her, and she now had this same bright light eminating from her, but this time I was allowed to be with her inside the light and it was total blackness outside of us. Her light was around us both and we only spoke of the love we had for each other without words from our lips. I saw a bus and I felt I had to get on it & left, woke up & wondered why I had left such a peaceful & beautiful place. Several years later, I was searching in spirit to know who had walked with me the night we buried my friend, and while prayerfully asking, I believe I was told Uriah, so I searched for an angelic reference to that name but didn't find anything so I half heartedly thought I was just grabbing for a name. And only was it yesterday, that I came across a program on angels and before my eyes I saw the name Uriel, and I knew then that this was the name told to me when I asked. I began searching for info on Uriel and was lead to Deanna's article on Uriel and I knew after learning of his characteristcs and attributes, that this is the blessed, holy angel that walked with me that night and has been with me always. Thank you all for letting me share this with you and I hope it will serve as a helpful confirmation that we are truly loved by our Father. His love and protection is boundless and eternal. And so is our love for each other.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Hi Mary,

I too believe that we are surrounded by angels...In fact, if I just think of them I can feel their presence.

Deanna Joseph

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Hi Dilcrawf, and welcome to the forums!

Archangel Uriel is very special to me too... He appeared to me in a dream a few years ago when I was going through a rather difficult time.

I am so glad you were able to figure out it was him! I think sometimes when we are told names, they sound different than they are spelled. Like Archangel Michael is sometimes pronounced Mi Ka Ale.

And what an amazing and beautiful experience to get to share with your friend who passed away. What a blessing indeed.

Deanna Joseph

It is awesome to meet you also, Deanna. My name is Diana. Lol! Many would consider us to have the same name basically. I believe I was definitely drawn to speak with you as I am sure that I have never and probably never will again meet someone who has also known by name this holy angel. I am in awe for sure. I absolutely consider myself blessed and am humbled always that I would be included in such an incredible situation. It definately removes all doubt about angels or if 'God exists'.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
HA HA... yes, I'm called "Diana" many times by both new acquaintences and people I've known for a while LOL!!

I'm so excited that you got to have such a wonderful experience. I know that even in the moments when I feel the most down, if I think about what I have experienced it lifts me up.

I know that God is always there... but there are times when I am so grateful for the presence of the angels because I feel that they bridge the distance that I can sometimes feel between myself and my Creator when I'm confused or upset.

And I really believe that's why there are angels... they help us to reconnect to our Source. They help us to remember that we are loved and cherished.

Deanna Joseph

I use to work for an Jewish elderly community day center in Chicago many years ago, and there was a book there I found stuffed back in a closet with some old menorahs and other artifacts that translated an english name to a hebrew name. There I found "Diana" and alternate spellings to be compared with the name Neriah in Hebrew, and Neriah means, God is my candle/lamp, and the Hebrew meaning of Diana that I have found online is luminous perfect. And throughout my life I feel that I have been a vessel for God, allowing angelic messages to flow out to others (a candle in the dark). I don't consider myself religious, but I do consider myself spiritual. I have felt inspiration beyond what I "know" speaking through me many times to others who need to hear something, a seed or word that may not seem important then as much as an "ah ha" later, and say now I know what she meant. It doesn't happen all the time, but when I have a desire to search where a person is, I know it is to help them understand more from right where they are in their search. They may not even know at the time they need to hear things, but God knows, and I can feel an angelic nudge, if you will, to begin speaking whatever needs to be shared with the individual. I've never seen an angel besides that one time, but I feel at least one walks with me constantly.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Oooh, that is so beautiful! I wonder if Deanna is near that as it's a derivative of Diana?

I know what you mean about having "inspiration speak" through you. It took me a long time to learn to trust that because I was worried about looking foolish LOL. One day I decided it was more important to let God inspire me than to look cool for other people wink And I've never regretted it! It's a blessing to know that we are channels for God's good.

Deanna Joseph

Moderated by  Yvonnie-Inspired 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.