Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I think I have about 20 tshirts. I realize I live in tshirts in the summer - I work from home and generally wear tshirts and sweats all day long. But still - do I really need 20 of them?? Surely I could live with say 7 or 8 and do wash once a week?

I think of so many families where people only have 1 or 2 shirts and that's it. Why do I need 20?

What do you think? How many do you guys have?

My boyfriend is a hoarder and has like 80 tshirts so I can't use him as a judge. I've tried for years to get him to winnow his pile down and have given up.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Oh about 30 t-shirts not including my various football tops..

L
Shark
Shark
L
when I buy t-shirts it is usually seasonally and I get 5 or 6 different colors in solids. then I get t-shirts with stuff on them as I see them in the store or at concerts or whatever. So I probably have about 10 or 15 going every season of the year. when they wear out I sleep in them. I just got 3 new ones with St. Patty Day themes. My problem is they get that inevitable stain on the front that won't come out and get taken out of circulation except for around the house before they wear thin.

Ravyn

Se non potete resistere al calore, allora esca dalla MIA cucina.
LadyLvsNyt
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
That's interesting LadyLvsNyt - I don't think I have any in solid colors. All of them are "from somewhere" - so for example we go to a really cool location and get a tshirt as a "wearable memory". I think that's what makes them hard to give away smile

Low Carb Forum
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
I watched one of the makeover shows and the girl was loaded with t-shirts. They took the ones that were most special to her and folded them neatly and ornately with the info showing and put them in a decorative frame or momento box to hang on the wall.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
I like that idea of putting them in a decorative frame, I have a few tshirts that I haven't worn because they commemorated a special event of some sort, then I feel bad that I've never worn them.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Okay, i just counted. In my home, the RV, i own...12 teeshirts. This is both short sleeves ones and jerseys. They are pretty much what I live in also.

I don't have any sweatshirts but i have two hoodies - a pullover and a zip up one.

No flannels, and only a handful of 'nice' shirts.

I had to cut down when i moved into the rig.

I have waaay too many pairs of PJ bottoms - what I normally wear instead of actual pants. But since they are light and roll up into tiny spaces, I don't worry about them.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jilly - OK you are inspiring me! I will clear out some more Tshirts when the BBBS come around next time!

I really cut down the number of "nice clothes" (blouses and such) after I worked from home for several years. I used to wear those daily to the office but now that I work from home I don't wear them. I kept a few though "just in case" I had to go into an office.

Really though, it's been what 8 years now. I think it's fair to say that if I ever did have some disaster and had to go back to an office that I would want to get a few new items to wear, and not 10 year old clothes. So I will do a thorough cleaning the next time they are in town! That'll be in about a month.

You know though, I could box them up NOW! And my closet will be cleaner! The next time I get a box I will start that up!

Low Carb Forum
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I have approximately 7-8 long sleeve T-shirts and at the moment, about the same short-sleeve T-shirts.

I'm a SAHM and live in them. Believe it or not, they often get more than one wearing if a child hasn't spit up on me. wink

Heather DeGeorge
L
Gecko
Gecko
L
I only have one, very old t-shirt. A UCLA shirt. I didn't even go there though. I think I got it from a cousin.

M
Shark
Shark
M
I have too many T-shirts, I think, but I do wear all of them... I think that I probably shouldn't because I am 43 years old and I probably look silly in my T-shirt that says "It's all fun and games until the flying monkeys attack", but I like it! I have quite a few silly shirts, and since I live in a warm climate, t-shirts and jeans are my standard outfit. I keep thinking I should change to something 'nicer' or 'more feminine', but I like not having to really think very hard about what I put on each day.

MaryEllen, Animal Life Editor
Animal Life Website
Animal Life Forum
L
Gecko
Gecko
L
LOL. I love it, MaryEllen! What a funny shirt! I love shirts that say things. Just don't have any.

I saw a few that I liked:

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I'm a schizophrenic
and so am I.

You're just jealous
because the voices talk to me.

Maybe they're too close to home. wink

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
I don't have any T-shirts with words,all plain (oops except one sleeveless from LasVegas. wink
I love one that my sister-in-law sent my husband. "Your village called. Their idiot is missing."

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Originally Posted By: Lynne Chapman
I love one that my sister-in-law sent my husband. "Your village called. Their idiot is missing."

OMG--that's HYSTERICAL.

I'm one of those people that sees them and wants them but never buys them. When I taught high school I got a few. My favorite was "If I'm talking, you should be taking notes". Of course, I couldn't actually wear them to SCHOOL, but there were a few funny ones. They went to Salvation Army last year.

Heather DeGeorge
M
Amoeba
Amoeba
M
I stopped wearing printed T-shirts in public a long time ago. Now I wear them to work around the house. I usually pick them up in my travels. Printed t-shirts are coming back in style. The coolest T-shirt that I own is a vintage Grateful Dead concert T-shirt. It is way cool. Mattie a la mode

M
Shark
Shark
M
Right now I am wearing a grey T-shirt with an otter on the back, and under it it says "You otter be kind to one another."

The otter is holding a martini glass, which I don't quite understand...

MaryEllen, Animal Life Editor
Animal Life Website
Animal Life Forum
L
Gecko
Gecko
L
LOL, MaryEllen!!!

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
MariEllen and Lori, we aren't old at 40-something! Or even when older. I say, who cares? Silly is good for the soul.

Lisa, that is a good idea to box them up NOW. Get them out of the way while you are thinking about it.

Talking about this inspired me to go box up more stuff from the RV. I was looking around, thinking, "what isn't being used?"...I boxed up a dead pair of sweats, some nice bras that I never wear (the kinds to go with special dresses - like i EVER go out....), some undies and a bunch of kitchen things. The old, heavy dog bowls (we are now using light tupperwares for both dogs and us).

I have three teeshirts on "parole" and two long sleeved jerseys, plus one pair of cargo pants. If those don't get worn in the next two months, they will get donated also.

Thanks everyone, for the kick in the buttocks to take a closer look at things i think I 'need'... :-)

Last edited by Jilly; 03/17/09 08:13 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Tammy - Cleaning Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.