Next Thread
Print Thread
Trish-D Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
This week's articles touches on just a few ideas for your spring holiday. Do you have any you would like to share?

Ostara Cooking and Craft Ideas

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
Amoeba
Amoeba
A
I dabble in making candles; nothing fancy, just re-melting the wax from old candles or using various scraps to create something new. I find myself irresistably drawn to lighter colors and even scents. I start drawing away from the heavier scents of winter and looking for lighter faire. Thoughts of flowers and fruit and especially spring rain come to mind. I change my sheets out for the seasons. I take off the flannel sheets and the flannel comforter cover and move into my green sheets. (Although, I don't put away the electric blanket until I know for CERTAIN the night temps aren't dropping too low! I am in Michigan, afer all.) I'm fortunate that my landlords don't mind if I play in the yard and do a bit of landscaping, so I hope to get the yard cleaned up of all of the leaves and branches that have fallen over winter and start crafting a bit outside. It's like saying hello to Nature again after a long time apart; you catch up on what's been going on and start working together on new projects. I want to get my herb seeds started and keep my fingers crossed. Failing that, I'll have to buy some plants for transplanting. So, nothing complicated on my end! I'm just glad to say hello to the earth again.

K
Amoeba
Amoeba
K
It feels great to get out and walk in the woods, a park, or just around the neighborhood. We get crazy, 80-degree(F) days around here, out of the blue, when its been freezing for weeks. On those walks the air is warm as summer, but the trees still brown and bare. But taking a closer look, I see green grass, crocus blooms, and daffodil leaves poking through the dry leaves. Those dead-looking tree branches carry swollen buds, ready to break open into flowers. And that rustling sound is flocks of robins, just back from the south. Good morning, earth! Hello, spring!

And how could I forget asparagus! One of the first vegetables the earth offer us each growing season. Just wash, blanche, and enjoy.

Last edited by K L Brown - Healthy Foods; 03/14/09 10:51 AM.

Kathy L. Brown
HealthyFoods
Trish-D Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Blanched asparagus - You're making my mouth water. I love to get outside this time of year too. This is our first year in our house, and we are excited at planning our garden.

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
Elephant
Elephant
I washed, seasoned and grilled mine tonight with my ahi tuna and herb cheese crusted salmon.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
P
P
I have a tablecloth in spring pattern, full of aqua, pink, yellow, purple and green. I just found your forum by searching for things to do to celebrate Ostara. We will have a family meal that night. I can hardly wait to get some plants growing on the balcony and burn lavendar candles again!

C
C
It's well past Ostara and headed towards Beltane now, but I am giving some thought to doing a really indepth cleaning and house blessing with some incense and blessing oils. I've been removing clutter, slowly, from the house. We just have so much stuff, and having it around makes me feel aggravated and stagnant.

Cara Randall
Creativity Site
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
From both the interpersonal and Feng Shui view this is and excellent idea. Personally I have found that a decluttered house helps my life 'flow' better as mentioned in my article on wealth magick .

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama

Moderated by  Ninjahedgewych 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.