#487770 01/24/09 04:40 PM
L
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
L
I just started reading this book and am really enjoying it! There's one practice in particular that I've already adopted for myself - writing a petition to God. It was so therapeutic and confirming!

Whose read this book? What have you gained from it? Any practices/insights in particular?

Thanks for sharing!

Leah

Live Abundantly!
Leah R. Patterson
The Wellness Site MOVE Makeup
Visit my Personal Blog
Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
Amoeba
Amoeba
S
I read it last year and absolutely loved it. I actually had a very difficult time putting it down, but made myself so it would last longer! After reading it, Elizabeth Gilbert appeared on Oprah two different times, which was a real joy to hear her interviewed about her journey.

I actually have the book in my drawer and the other day decided I would read it again next month.

Enjoy, it's wonderful.

Sandy

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I read it last year and also really loved it. She is a just such an engaging writer, and manages to highlight a lot of destructive thought patterns that women in particular get trapped in I think, particularly guilt, and trying to live how others expect us too. Also, the section on her meditation struggles is a riot, and anyone who has ever meditated can relate to it I think. Personally, I really got the most out of the third section, where she is struggling to reconcile her newfound spiritual knowledge with living in the world again (although Bali is not exactly the real world!) I know on one of the Oprah appearances she mentioned her next book is coming out soon, but I haven't heard anything about it yet...

Lisa Erickson, Buddhism Editor
Buddhism Site
Teaching and Private Session Website: Enlightened Energetics
Blog: Mommy Mystic
L
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
L
I'm in the section where she is in India now and I feel like I'm learning so much! I've never been really good at meditation, but somehow hearing her struggles and triumphs is making me want to give it another shot. I'm looking forward to seeing what her Bali experience is like. I can see how that one would be so relevant to what we have to try to do in our everyday lives.

It's really interesting - this book is giving me courage to take on this next chapter of my life and keep trying to see my big dreams for myself make sense:)!

I'll have to look for a rerun of those Oprah appearances!

Live Abundantly!
Leah R. Patterson
Visit my Personal Blog
S
Amoeba
Amoeba
S
I loved that part of the book when she was in India. It taught me so much. When she was on Oprah and talked about that section of the book, it was truly enlightening to see her explain it. To this day she still meditates to keep spiritually strong.

I haven't heard or seen her new book either. I thought it would be out by last summer. I routinely peek at her website to see if anything is on there. In the meantime, I am planning on reading Eat,Pray,Love again after I finish the book I am deep into now! ;-0

blog = www.mygritsconfessions.com

L
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
L
Well I've just finished the book last night and man I didn't want it to end either! I have just learned so much from this book. And the great thing is that I was NOT expecting that. I mean I was expecting to enjoy it but I was not really expecting it to ring so true for me and teach me so much on such deep levels.

I am looking forward to her next book too:).

~Leah

Live Abundantly!
Leah R. Patterson
Visit my Personal Blog
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
We had two long talks about this book previously -

Eat Pray Love and Meditation

Eat Pray Love and Depression

Well worth reading!

Last edited by Lisa Low Carb Ed; 01/30/09 06:29 PM.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
N
N
Thanks ladies, my friend had this book and just from the few pages I read I wanted to read more but until now I forgot about it. I am going to go to the library or bookstore tomorrow and get it. Thanks for the reminder! Candice www.naturamassage.com

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Welcome Candice - let us know what you think about the book! It definitely has some very powerful sections in it.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
M
Amoeba
Amoeba
M
I loved it! I enjoyed her story so much, that I purposely read the book slowly. I related to her challenges and achievements. I also enjoyed her writing style. I have recommended this book to every woman I know. Although many did not like her. Oh well. Mattie a la mode

Moderated by  Leah - BellaWellness Host 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.