Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#497771 02/26/09 08:53 PM
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Hi all,

My novel, Dover Graye (written under my pen name) is about a boy who is born with the caul, and with past life memories of a shamanistic life in 1700's Scotland.

I know 3 people who were born with the caul (also called the venetian veil or the hood.) Two are in the field of healing, and one is an alcoholic, tormented by his painful telepathic abilities. I was surprised by how many people had never heard of the caul.

Do you know a caulbearer, and if so, do they have unusual or paranormal abilities?

Shay

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
I have encountered several who claimed to have been born with a veil (as many refer to it here in the Southern States). They also had claims of abilities. But I have never personally known someone, or maybe I have. It's not something that comes up in general conversation on an average day.

But then, "general conversation on an average day," is quite rare in my world. To me that would be a very personal bit of information, which may not be shared openly.

Your book sounds interesting. Please provide the details so we can enjoy it.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
L
Shark
Shark
L
Dear Shay,
I was born with a caul. It was stuck in a small area right below my shoulder blade and the doctor/nurse (not sure who)was so superstitious about it that it was indiscrimiantly ripped off as soon as I was delivered and it left a small scar that can still be seen (I am 46 now.) I do have "abilities" but I would rather explain them privately--you can email me. I am LadyLvsNyt at yahoo dot com.
RavynG

Last edited by LadyLvsNyt; 02/27/09 10:08 PM.

Se non potete resistere al calore, allora esca dalla MIA cucina.
LadyLvsNyt
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Originally Posted By: lcp012586

You can read my book review on Dover Graye at the following link. Shay is a beautiful writer and I look forward to her next book.
Dover Graye

If you click on the link in Shay's post, you can purchase the book from there.

Last edited by Phyllis, NA and Folk; 03/06/09 01:17 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Maybe, I am not sure, but I may have known one person who was born with the caul or veil. I believe that anyone who was would probably not talk about it. I have always known, though, that my Father was very intuitive and knew many things beyond the normal comprehension. He often spoke in ancient Gaelic when he stayed up all night in the kitchen because he could not sleep. Often, I would stand in the doorway and listen to him. It was as if he was conversing with other souls not in this realm.

Last edited by Phyllis, NA and Folk; 03/06/09 01:00 PM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Originally Posted By: lcp012586
I have encountered several who claimed to have been born with a veil (as many refer to it here in the Southern States). They also had claims of abilities. But I have never personally known someone, or maybe I have. It's not something that comes up in general conversation on an average day.

But then, "general conversation on an average day," is quite rare in my world. To me that would be a very personal bit of information, which may not be shared openly.

Yes, I see what you mean about such things not generally coming up in conversation! Not only is it an obscure sort of thing to slip into casual mentions of the weather, but there is indeed even still, a bit of a stigma attached to it. One of the reasons I wanted to share this book with humanity is to perhaps open up a new view of the veil and a new appreciation of the gifts that come with it.

As Phyllis kindly mentioned above, she wrote a lovely review on Dover Graye. Also, please visit my website at: Debut Novel, Dover Graye You can view Phyllis' review by clicking on the link in her post, and it's also on my Home Page. Do also visit my guest-book and sign it! (when they ask for your email address, it's just so that I can reply)

Shay

Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Originally Posted By: LadyLvsNyt
Dear Shay,
I was born with a caul. It was stuck in a small area right below my shoulder blade and the doctor/nurse (not sure who)was so superstitious about it that it was indiscrimiantly ripped off as soon as I was delivered and it left a small scar that can still be seen (I am 46 now.) I do have "abilities" but I would rather explain them privately--you can email me. I am LadyLvsNyt at yahoo dot com.
RavynG

Oh Ravyn, that is awful! What a sad way to welcomed into the world. And caulbearers are such sensitive human beings. frown . I'd be happy to email you.

Shay

Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Originally Posted By: Phyllis, NA and Folk
Maybe, I am not sure, but I may have known one person who was born with the caul or veil. I believe that anyone who was would probably not talk about it. I have always known, though, that my Father was very intuitive and knew many things beyond the normal comprehension. He often spoke in ancient Gaelic when he stayed up all night in the kitchen because he could not sleep. Often, I would stand in the doorway and listen to him. It was as if he was conversing with other souls not in this realm.

Yes Phyllis, unfortunately you are right. Unless somebody feels that it is a safe environment to do so, they wouldn't probably say anything, for fear of being called fearful names. Particularly an elderly person, or those brought up in an environment of superstition.

What an incredible story about your father! Speaking Gaelic late at night, to nobody you could see. How you must have wished you could have approached him and learned more about that part of him. He may have very well harbored the secret of being born with the caul, and the special abilities that come with it.

Shay

You are right on with the secret of it, Shay. I believe my Father kept it to himself just for the reason of people thinking he was something evil. My Father was a very spiritual man and a very old soul, very loving. He had alcohol problems and often stayed up in the kitchen all night simply because no one understood him, his abilities or his spirituality. At an early age, I could see that he had special gifts. I tried one night to approach him and I startled him so much that he thought I was a spirit. I never approached him during those times again because of that and I only watched him from afar and listened to him. I wish I had asked him to teach me Gaelic. He taught me many things regarding spirituality and some of his gifts, but, generally kept it to himself so he would not be termed crazy.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Ps: Shay's Dover Graye site is awesome! Click on it to see all the comments on her book. You gotta read it!

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Deena - Paranormal Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.