logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
OP Offline
R
Does this come in sheets? Where can I get it? I need about a 5x6" piece. I am not a candle-maker, but I came across your site while looking for info and I'm hoping someone here can help me. I am wanting to make a sample ring of all the materials that can be cut by a certain die-cutting machine that I'm selling. I want to be able to show my customers all the items it can cut. And one of the items on the list of approved materials is 100% pure beeswax (cut with parchment paper on top & bottom of beeswax.) Also, how is it usually used? Have you ever seen it used in paper crafts like scrapbooking, card-making, etc...? I'm just trying to figure out what the appeal is of being able to cut it into shapes, etc. Now off to check out the rest of this site! Thanks so much, Rita

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Rita,
Beeswax sheets can be purchased at your local hobby store where they sell candle making supplies. They are sold in various size sheets in different colors. You can see some at, www.candlewic.com

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I find them at Michael's, and I think other chain craft stores have them too!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
S
S
That's Right!

Last edited by silverharvestcandles; 09/12/09 04:12 AM.
E
E
FYI - almost none of the sheets are "pure" beeswax. Just adding color to it makes it not 100% pure beeswax. Also most of the sheets of "beeswax" for rolling candles have parafin added to make it roll easier. Read the fine print if you want 100% beeswax.

B
B
I have been thinking of starting to make candles....perhaps in the far future as a way of making some extra money......but each website that i go to recomends a different type of wax as the "best" "ecofriendly" yadayada yada....what do ya'll use /recommend for me as a beginner?

S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
BearMama,
As fas as what wax to use for a beginner, it is really up to you! I personally don't think any one wax is harder to use than the other. They all take a little practice and learning in the beginning. So really, its just down to your personal beliefs and opinions. Some are 100% soy and beeswax users as it is more friendly to commerce (helps the farmers who grow and sell soybeans, renewable resource),then there are other like me that are die-hard paraffin users. Dabbling in gel and crystal candles can also be very fun!! Have you found your favorite yet?

Shanda Lynn Markham
CANDLEMAKING

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.