Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#497771 02/26/09 08:53 PM
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Hi all,

My novel, Dover Graye (written under my pen name) is about a boy who is born with the caul, and with past life memories of a shamanistic life in 1700's Scotland.

I know 3 people who were born with the caul (also called the venetian veil or the hood.) Two are in the field of healing, and one is an alcoholic, tormented by his painful telepathic abilities. I was surprised by how many people had never heard of the caul.

Do you know a caulbearer, and if so, do they have unusual or paranormal abilities?

Shay

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
I have encountered several who claimed to have been born with a veil (as many refer to it here in the Southern States). They also had claims of abilities. But I have never personally known someone, or maybe I have. It's not something that comes up in general conversation on an average day.

But then, "general conversation on an average day," is quite rare in my world. To me that would be a very personal bit of information, which may not be shared openly.

Your book sounds interesting. Please provide the details so we can enjoy it.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
L
Shark
Shark
L
Dear Shay,
I was born with a caul. It was stuck in a small area right below my shoulder blade and the doctor/nurse (not sure who)was so superstitious about it that it was indiscrimiantly ripped off as soon as I was delivered and it left a small scar that can still be seen (I am 46 now.) I do have "abilities" but I would rather explain them privately--you can email me. I am LadyLvsNyt at yahoo dot com.
RavynG

Last edited by LadyLvsNyt; 02/27/09 10:08 PM.

Se non potete resistere al calore, allora esca dalla MIA cucina.
LadyLvsNyt
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Originally Posted By: lcp012586

You can read my book review on Dover Graye at the following link. Shay is a beautiful writer and I look forward to her next book.
Dover Graye

If you click on the link in Shay's post, you can purchase the book from there.

Last edited by Phyllis, NA and Folk; 03/06/09 01:17 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Maybe, I am not sure, but I may have known one person who was born with the caul or veil. I believe that anyone who was would probably not talk about it. I have always known, though, that my Father was very intuitive and knew many things beyond the normal comprehension. He often spoke in ancient Gaelic when he stayed up all night in the kitchen because he could not sleep. Often, I would stand in the doorway and listen to him. It was as if he was conversing with other souls not in this realm.

Last edited by Phyllis, NA and Folk; 03/06/09 01:00 PM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
I have encountered several who claimed to have been born with a veil (as many refer to it here in the Southern States). They also had claims of abilities. But I have never personally known someone, or maybe I have. It's not something that comes up in general conversation on an average day.

But then, "general conversation on an average day," is quite rare in my world. To me that would be a very personal bit of information, which may not be shared openly.

Yes, I see what you mean about such things not generally coming up in conversation! Not only is it an obscure sort of thing to slip into casual mentions of the weather, but there is indeed even still, a bit of a stigma attached to it. One of the reasons I wanted to share this book with humanity is to perhaps open up a new view of the veil and a new appreciation of the gifts that come with it.

As Phyllis kindly mentioned above, she wrote a lovely review on Dover Graye. Also, please visit my website at: Debut Novel, Dover Graye You can view Phyllis' review by clicking on the link in her post, and it's also on my Home Page. Do also visit my guest-book and sign it! (when they ask for your email address, it's just so that I can reply)

Shay

Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Originally Posted By: LadyLvsNyt
Dear Shay,
I was born with a caul. It was stuck in a small area right below my shoulder blade and the doctor/nurse (not sure who)was so superstitious about it that it was indiscrimiantly ripped off as soon as I was delivered and it left a small scar that can still be seen (I am 46 now.) I do have "abilities" but I would rather explain them privately--you can email me. I am LadyLvsNyt at yahoo dot com.
RavynG

Oh Ravyn, that is awful! What a sad way to welcomed into the world. And caulbearers are such sensitive human beings. frown . I'd be happy to email you.

Shay

Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Originally Posted By: Phyllis, NA and Folk
Maybe, I am not sure, but I may have known one person who was born with the caul or veil. I believe that anyone who was would probably not talk about it. I have always known, though, that my Father was very intuitive and knew many things beyond the normal comprehension. He often spoke in ancient Gaelic when he stayed up all night in the kitchen because he could not sleep. Often, I would stand in the doorway and listen to him. It was as if he was conversing with other souls not in this realm.

Yes Phyllis, unfortunately you are right. Unless somebody feels that it is a safe environment to do so, they wouldn't probably say anything, for fear of being called fearful names. Particularly an elderly person, or those brought up in an environment of superstition.

What an incredible story about your father! Speaking Gaelic late at night, to nobody you could see. How you must have wished you could have approached him and learned more about that part of him. He may have very well harbored the secret of being born with the caul, and the special abilities that come with it.

Shay

You are right on with the secret of it, Shay. I believe my Father kept it to himself just for the reason of people thinking he was something evil. My Father was a very spiritual man and a very old soul, very loving. He had alcohol problems and often stayed up in the kitchen all night simply because no one understood him, his abilities or his spirituality. At an early age, I could see that he had special gifts. I tried one night to approach him and I startled him so much that he thought I was a spirit. I never approached him during those times again because of that and I only watched him from afar and listened to him. I wish I had asked him to teach me Gaelic. He taught me many things regarding spirituality and some of his gifts, but, generally kept it to himself so he would not be termed crazy.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Ps: Shay's Dover Graye site is awesome! Click on it to see all the comments on her book. You gotta read it!

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
You are right on with the secret of it, Shay. I believe my Father kept it to himself just for the reason of people thinking he was something evil. My Father was a very spiritual man and a very old soul, very loving. He had alcohol problems and often stayed up in the kitchen all night simply because no one understood him, his abilities or his spirituality. At an early age, I could see that he had special gifts. I tried one night to approach him and I startled him so much that he thought I was a spirit. I never approached him during those times again because of that and I only watched him from afar and listened to him. I wish I had asked him to teach me Gaelic. He taught me many things regarding spirituality and some of his gifts, but, generally kept it to himself so he would not be termed crazy.

This is heartbreaking, Phyllis - in a mixture of ways. The soul rendering beauty of such a sensitive relationship between father and daughter; and the ache of the inability for either one of you to enter his world, together. I can only imagine the torment your father endured, and yours at being so small and not being able to reach him.

Such a shame how superstitions can cause so much damage in folks lives.

Shay

Hi After reading this thread I would like to introduce my self. I am a 54 year old caulbearer. I have come through many experiences which would have turned many a normal person into raving alcoholic and driven many to suicide. I believe this is due to my spirituality and strength of character given as a gift at birth. I too speak with what I call the tongue of Angels this is because when I pray I feel I am on a mountain surrounded by them. I firmly believe I have a special ability to heal cats as many I have prayed for recover from serious illnesses. I could go on for ever telling you my experiences. I look forward to a lasting relation ship with this forum and hope it lasts longer than other paranormal sites I have felt it necessary to leave due to lack of understanding about caulbearers and who we are.

Peter, just want to welcome you to the forum, We hope that you will enjoy your stay!
Rosie

Rosie L
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Hi Peter,
Thank you for responding to my thread! I believe you when you say you have many gifts, and that these gifts have gotten you through many hard times. And that you have the healing abilities that come with the caul. I hope you feel comfortable to share more of your stories here. I would also like to invite you, and all who read this post, to join my forum on my (brand new!) Dover Graye Website. Dover Graye is my novel about a boy born with the caul. Please stop in!

Debut Novel, Dover Graye

Shay

Peter, it is nice to hear from you and read about your gifts. It is always good to hear from one who has abilities like yours.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
[quote=Shay_LoveYourTummyThis is heartbreaking, Phyllis - in a mixture of ways. The soul rendering beauty of such a sensitive relationship between father and daughter; and the ache of the inability for either one of you to enter his world, together. I can only imagine the torment your father endured, and yours at being so small and not being able to reach him.

Such a shame how superstitions can cause so much damage in folks lives.

Shay [/quote]

I truly believe, Shay, that this is the reason I am so spiritually close to my Father now that he is gone from Mother Earth - and also why my path has taken me ever closer to spiritual strengths and awareness. In life he was criticized and turned to alcohol for solace - his spiritual journey continues now with peace and ever more wisdom.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Phyllis, I'm intrigued by your father's spirituality. I can't help but wonder what he ever did to provoke such criticism. He sounds like an amazing soul, who will always be with you, and now that he is no longer bound to the rules of society, can give you more of himself now than he ever could. What a beautiful gift.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
My son was born with a caul over his head, he is 8 now soon to be 9. He hasn't shown any abilities yet other then his facination and obsession with Buddhism and meditation (yes my 8 year old meditates, has done so since he was 5 and saw me doing it). My midwife said my daughter had what looked like a caul on her hands and most of her arms. I don't know if that means anything. I believe she sees spirits. She has several "imaginary friends". One she calls her sister and her sister's name is Amy. I have never seen Amy for myself though. There was a spirit when we first moved into our apartment that to me looked like an old man. But to both of the kids, he would scare the [censored] out of them by as my son said "making scary monster faces" at them. i smudged the house and protected the bedroom where they slept. One night I heard someone say "you're no fun" in the living room. We haven't seen him since.

Jeanette Stingley - Women's Lit
http://womenslit.bellaonline.com
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Jeanette - you have given birth to not one, but two caulbearers! Wow, I wonder what the chances of that are. Typically the caul is around the head and face, but I believe it can be attached anywhere on the body.

You have an amazingly spiritual family, there. I've never met a little boy who has taken so immediately and comfortably to Buddhism and meditation as your son has - and you all seem sensitive to spirits. Sounds like you cleansed the apartment of the old man though, which is good, even if he thought you were "no fun" for doing it! I don't guess you all found his antics very "fun" either, though. :-P

Shay

Originally Posted By: Shay_LoveYourTummy
Phyllis, I'm intrigued by your father's spirituality. I can't help but wonder what he ever did to provoke such criticism. He sounds like an amazing soul, who will always be with you, and now that he is no longer bound to the rules of society, can give you more of himself now than he ever could. What a beautiful gift.

Thank you, Shay, for the beautiful encouragement and understanding.

Yes, I do feel closer to him now and know that he is free of the grounded criticism which held him back. He helps me now in many ways.

You wonder why he was so criticized. Well...he was a healer and many times healed one of us kids when the doctor's could not. It was just his wisdom and knowledge of some things that probably frightened people. Like - he knew when someone was coming to visit, he knew the weather coming up long before the weathermen did, he knew when we should not go to certain places and he prayed more than anyone I have ever known...and then there was the time in Church when my Dad and Grandfather actually raised a table off the floor. That did not set well with the congregation or the pastor and they were banned from the church.

Last edited by Phyllis, NA and Folk; 03/09/09 02:56 PM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet

You wonder why he was so criticized. Well...he was a healer and many times healed one of us kids when the doctor's could not. It was just his wisdom and knowledge of some things that probably frightened people. Like - he knew when someone was coming to visit, he knew the weather coming up long before the weathermen did, he knew when we should not go to certain places and he prayed more than anyone I have ever known...and then there was the time in Church when my Dad and Grandfather actually raised a table off the floor. That did not set well with the congregation or the pastor and they were banned from the church.

Your father's story, and stories like it always leave my jaw on the floor, Phyllis. Especially when coming from the church - the place believers go for counsel and acceptance. Was it not Jesus who said, "I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father."

According to the Christian bible, Jesus:

~Healed the sick (Matthew 4:23; Luke 6:19)
~Raised the dead (John 11:43, 44; Matthew 9:25)
~Multiplied food (Matthew 14:20, 21; John 6:11)
~Walked through walls (John 20:19)
~Disappeared (Luke 24:31)
~Walked through people (Luke 20:30)
~Ascended (Levitated) (John 3:13; Mark 16:19)
~Turned one substance into another-water into wine (John 2:9)
~Walked on water (Matthew 14:25)
~Controlled weather (Matthew 8:26)

It just makes me wonder what this quote and these instances truly mean to pastors/members of the church, particularly when they actually see it happening to "normal" people. I'm stunned by the way fear keeps most people paralyzed; keeps people away from believing what their own religion teaches; morphing it into something horrific. This, sadly, is how a rooted belief in dichotomy twists truth into fear; light into darkness.

Your father was blessed with gifts from the Creator. It pleases you and me that he is finally able to share them without fear and torment. And it pleases me that you have the fortune of receiving them. smile

Shay

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Phyllis, reading your posts about your Father and the church immediately brought this phrase to mind.

"Oh yee of little minds"

No idea where that came from, maybe you will know.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Phyllis, reading your posts about your Father and the church immediately brought this phrase to mind.

"Oh yee of little minds"

No idea where that came from, maybe you will know.

I have heard that phrase many times, Icp. I do not know where it originally came from, but I bet Shay would. There is also the phrase, similar, "Oh, ye of little faith", which is one of my favorites. Faith is a very mysterious thing to many people, but, for those who have it, it is what keeps us strong.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Hm. Yes, I have heard "Oh, ye of little faith," but I do like the "little minds" rendition! I'm guessing that it's an offshoot, but essentially means the same thing, I think - particularly when it comes to having faith in what is happening before you, that the mind may not be able to comprehend.

Shay

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I didn't see the pieces of the caul on my daughter. I had my doula and a nurse keeping me from passing out. The midwife that cleaned her said there were parts of a caul on her hands and arms. But I did see it on my sons head and face and it scared me because i was afraid he would sufficate.

I think my kids see spirits because i have never taught them it is "just their imagination" like a lot of kids are told. The book by Sylvia Brown called "Psychic Children" is a very good perspective on clairvoyance and abilities in children.

Jeanette Stingley - Women's Lit
http://womenslit.bellaonline.com
I have never read Sylvia Brown's book on "Psychic Children". She is a good author and I like her - I think she is a very sincere and honest person. I must get the book. Thanks, Jeanette.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
HELLO MY NAME IS NICOLE AND I WAS BORN IN 1970 WITH A CAUL COVERING MY ENTIRE FACE. MY GRANDMOTHER AND MOTHER REMOVED MY CAUL VERY VERY CAREFULLY, I STILL HAVE THE 2 HOLES ON THE BACK OF EACH EAR TO PROVE IT. MY MOM IS STILL IN POSSESSION OF MY CAUL. I REALIZED I HAD A GIFT WHEN I WAS 13 YRS OLD. I HAD ALWAYS HAD CRAZY DREAMS AS A KID, BUT NEVER A CLEAR VISION WHILE I WAS AWAKE AND IT SCARED ME. I TOLD MY MOM AND SHE SAID...WE WERE WAITING FOR WHEN YOUR GIFT WOULD SHOW. I HAVE HONED IN ON MY GIFT NOW SINCE 1983 AND I CAN SEE PAST EVENTS VERY VERY CLEAR LIKE A MOVIE, BUT I CAN ONLY SEE GLIMPSES OF FUTURE EVENTS, ITS NOT VERY CLEAR TO ME.I CAN SEE PEOPLE I HAVE NEVER MET BEFORE IN THE PAST AND THEY CALL ME NATASHA :confused:. I GATHER BY THE CLOTHES THE PEOPLE ARE WEARING, THE ERA IS PROBABLY 1700`S AND THE PLACE IS ROMANIA. THE SMELLS THAT I EXPERIENCE WHEN I SEE VISIONS OF PAST ARE SO DANK AND ALMOST NAUSEATING SOMETIMES. WHAT IS THAT?

Last edited by Third Eye Light Medium; 03/22/09 04:40 AM.
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Hi there Nicole,

It appears that you are having past life memories, in which your name was Natasha. What most people don't know is that the sense of smell is one of our most significant senses. It's the first sense we experience being born, and the last one we experience upon death. Our sense of smell connects us to the world around us in ways that surpass the other 4 senses.

If your past life was in the 1700's, this was long before daily baths, deodorant, dental heigene, indoor plumbing and septic systems, and garbage control. Those were very smelly times to live in! Clearly, you recall the bad smells just as clearly as the visual scenes.

I have a forum designed just for caulbearers, if you would like to join!

Shannon

I just sent a reader of mine to your site, Shannon. She says she is a caulbearer and had some questions. I love your Dover Graye site!!!

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Oh, thank you Phyllis! smile I'll have to check in and see if she has dropped by...

You know what? I never gave it much though, but, my granddaughter was born in the amniotic sac and the nurse had to take it off. Is that considered a caulbearer? She is a very intelligent girl, a little reserved with adults and quite beautiful. (not just Grandma's opinion - many people say she is stunningly beautiful)

Last edited by Phyllis, NA and Folk; 03/27/09 06:18 PM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
This is a great question, Phyllis. As I understand it, there are mixed opinions about being born inside the sac. Some say it is the caul, others say it has to be only on the head.

How very interesting that your granddaughter was born this way! I'll bet as you observe her more, you will see whether she sees and hears things. How old is she? Have you noticed whether she has a strange sort of presence - like she is on the outside, looking in, and witnessing things that others don't? I wonder if you mentioned things like spirits, if she might talk about what she might be seeing. She could have your father's gifts!

She is 16. Yes, I do notice that she seems to be on the outside, looking in. We are not as close as I would like to be, she lives in another state and I rarely get to see her. I do not know yet if her "distancing" in the prescense of adults is just the teenage thing or something deeper, but she does seem to be observing and listening even if she seems distant. She also seems much older than her actual age. I wish I could be with her more often to see how she is doing. I get the feeling that maybe she does have some of my Father's gifts and does not understand this. I feel very close to her even though we do not see each other very often. Her father, my son, is very intuitive and a very old soul. He is a very spiritual man and understands a lot about the spirituality of peoples and cultures. He is very compassionate and is very much like my Father in many ways.

Last edited by Phyllis, NA and Folk; 03/27/09 11:21 PM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
It sounds as if you have a very special, tuned in family, Phyllis. smile It must be difficult to be apart from them for such long periods of time. Perhaps as your granddaughter gets older, she will reach out to you more. I often wish that I could have communicated with my grandmother, but it wasn't something that she was wired to do. I can imagine a wonderful relationship developing between the two of you, one day. I have also found, and I don't know if it's true for your granddaughter and your son, but my relationship with my stepfather has become much closer now that I am well into my adult years. We are learning things about each other now that we were never able to years ago.

G
G
Hi Everyone! I'm so glad I found some resources and have an outlet to share with someone. . I know a Caulbearer very, very well. ME! My Mother recently told me a few weeks ago, during a conversation we had about babies being born (my brother and his wife have 6 kids) that I was a "special baby". She said that the doctor was overly pleased when I was born. My Mom told me that the doctor said I was "very lucky", and she asked why? The doctor said I was born with a veil. My Mom told me it covered my head and face. Unfortunately, the veil was not kept. My mom told me that she didn't know anything about the significance of it other than it other than the doctor saying it was very lucky and rare to be born like this. My Dad witnessed my birth, but I have yet to ask him about it and I don't think he will know much about it either. He's not the type to talk about or care about "out of the ordinary things". He'll just say, "Of course, you were a special baby". I fit many of the characteristics and traits that people on the internet have mentioned about caulbearers. I'll elaborate more when I get some free time. I'll post back soon. Thanks.

Last edited by Gemini2day; 04/06/09 01:39 AM.
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
How wonderful that you were welcomed to the world so warmly! Looking forward to hearing more about your experiences...

Shannon

Hi I have prayed about revealing my spiritual experiences as a Caulbearer on this forum and feel it is right to go ahead. But I would give a word of warning that my revelations about spiritual happenings and future events may result in the loss of this forum. As you all know the spiritual truth sets people free, however in this case the spiritual truth gets forums closed. Here is an experience with Angels. I was taken to a place on a mountain, where I found myself in a large group of Angels they were all standing listening to a voice giving instructions, I could not at first understand what was being said. When the Angels started to praise God I joined in and before long I could speak the same language as the Angels around me , the more I spoke the greater the feeling of excitement, until I realized that I could understand what was being spoken about. After having this experience I find I can still speak with the tongues of Angels and I often use it when I pray.

When I talk with Angels they are so open to discuss things about this world and events that are to happen and why they have happened. The Angels say God made male and female flesh out the dust , they were perfect and equal in his eyes, but the female argued with the male over who was in charge, God ended the argument by removing the female and placing Her in Her own garden (planet). The woman went on to populate the stars, whilst man was confined to the Earth for his disobedience to God.

Last edited by Peter Johns; 04/26/09 08:14 AM.
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Wow, Peter Johns - what an incredible experience you've had. I have never before heard that God made Angels out of dust. But the story has interesting similarities to the Adam and Eve story. Do you think they could be related?

Shannon
(I don't feel that this forum is in danger of being shut down, but I want you to know that my forum is open for complete freedom to discuss any and all experiences with the caul. smile )

The Adam and Eve story is the begining of the fall of Man, Eve came after the first woman was removed from Earth.

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Is this somehow connected to the legends of Lillith?

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
I was wondering the same sort of thing. The theme is so similar, that I wonder about the connection - that the original story may have perhaps been adapted over millions of years to the first humans on earth. It's the female exile thing that really got my attention.

Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
This is both beautiful and intense - overwhelming, even! I wonder if what you heard/participated in has anything to do with the ascension of the light-workers that I heard about - which is supposed to happen in the year 2012, when massive changes are going to come to the earth.

Looks like time has told of the way humans have treated and cared for the animals that were sent to us as a test. Many individuals have respect for these creatures, but governments and corporate powers have failed miserably.

I wonder if you could be not only a caulbearer, but an earth angel as well?

Shannon

Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
So..."Lilith" (let's call her) doesn't live on earth, but on another planet, and her children are the caulbearers, who have incarnated on earth? And these are the people who will rule the stars?

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Did I read somewhere once that the word 'caul' actually means 'hot' rather than 'cold?'

Might be Scottish...interesting to find out.

"Caul" in Scottish means cold, as in the following verse:

Lay me doon in the caul caul groon
Whaur afore monie mair huv gaun
Lay me doon in the caul caul groon
Whaur afore monie mair huv gaun

translation:

Lay me down in the cold cold ground
Where before many more have gone
Lay me down in the cold cold ground
Where before many more have gone

Last edited by Phyllis, NA and Folk; 05/02/09 03:49 PM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Interesting... I also read an article about the word 'cauldron' as in 'hot!' Either way, the Scottish/celtic connection is intriguing.

Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Interesting! In the case of the "venetian veil" or "hood" though, the translation is apparently Middle English "calle" - from the Old English word "cawl," meaning "basket."

In Spanish, the word caul translates as "manto" which means "mantle" or "blanket."

Either way, most cultures either revere the caulbearer, or demonize them, as very clearly, they are born with very special abilities - not always understood!

Hi Shannon Lets call her Lilith then. You are right she was removed from this Earth and given her Earth. Lets call it Earth 2. Her children went on to populate the other planets.

Last edited by Peter Johns; 05/03/09 05:35 AM.
Hmmm...interesting. There is some great information on Lilith at

Lilith

I did not see anything in the article about caulbearers - or did I miss that somewhere? What is supposed to be the connection between her and caulbearers? I found these verses interesting:

Proverbs 2:18-19

Her house sinks down to death,
And her course leads to the shades.
All who go to her cannot return
And find again the paths of life.

And from scrolls found at Qumran
4Q184:

Her gates are gates of death,
and from the entrance of the house
She sets out towards Sheol.
None of those who enter there will ever return,
And all who possess her will descend to the Pit.

Last edited by Phyllis, NA and Folk; 05/03/09 07:55 PM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Lilith Is not the name of the woman made out of dust perfect along with Adam. According to the research done she is around this earth bringing evil in her wake and attracting many followers. How can it be her when the perfect woman was removed from the earth and placed on her own Earth before the fall of Adam? Seems strange to me that evil is always associated with a woman. Maybe just maybe, Lilith is part male and part female. (just opened a big can of worms) I will ask the question on the mountain who she is and where she came from and where she is now?

Last edited by Peter Johns; 05/04/09 05:31 AM.
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Actually it's not that strange women have persistently been associated with evil. The majority of societies on earth are patriarchial. This method had been used for eons to subjugate the female and elevate male.

In my limited studies of Native North American societies, I have never found this type of generalization. These societies were maternal based, but appear to have not included categorical sujugation of males.

Native North American societies were far from Utopic, but they certainly didn't ravage the land or use up all their resources, as those in the Middle East, Europe, Central and South America.

There are prehistoric examples of what we would consider "overkills." But then, we don't have the complete picture, just the fossil record of the animals.

Being Native American and closely identifying with maternally based societal structure, I can easily relate to one being out there somewhere, started by the first woman as in Peter Johns account.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
So, there is more than one Lilith?

From the same link I provided above, I read this:

Etymology
Hebrew Lilit, Akkadian;tu are female nisba adjectives from the Proto-Semitic root LYL "night," literally translating to nocturnal "female night being/demon", although cuneiform inscriptions where; and tu refers to disease-bearing wind spirits exist.

Another possibility is association not with "night" but with "wind," thus identifying the Akkadian Lil-itu as a loan from the Sumerian lil, "air", specifically from NIN.LIL "lady air," goddess of the South wind (and wife of Enlil) and itud, "moon."

The Akkadian masculine l� shows no nisba suffix and has been compared to Sumerian (kiskil-) lilla.

Lilitu demons
The earliest reference to a demon similar to Lilith and companion of Lillake/Lilith is on the Sumerian king list, where Gilgamesh's father is named as Lillu. Little is known of Lillu ("Wind[wer]man"; or Lilu, Lila) and he was said to disturb women in their sleep and had functions of an incubus, while Lilitu appeared to men in their erotic dreams. Such qualities are further suggested by the Semitic associations made with the names Lila and Lilitu, namely those of lalu, or wandering about, and lulu, meaning lasciviousness.

The Assyrian Lilitu were said to prey upon children and women, and were described as associated with lions, storms, desert, and disease. Early portrayals of such demons are known as having Zu bird talons for feet and wings. They were highly sexually predatory towards men, but were unable to .... normally. They were thought to dwell in waste, desolate, and desert places.

Michaelangelo and other Masters have painted Lilith as the serpent of the Garden of Eden.

I still do not see what all this mythology has to do with caulbearers and the subject of this thread - but, it is interesting. However, I think I am backing out of this conversation on "Lilith". It would make a good article though.

Last edited by Phyllis, NA and Folk; 05/04/09 12:28 PM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Thank you You have answered the question. Lilith cannot be the first woman. Caulbearers are natural born leaders. We have spiritual gifts above the average person. Because of this we are persecuted by the pretenders in governments. These pretend leaders who have stolen our birthright make out they know the way and lead the people like sheep to destruction. These are the very ones who have for centuries persecuted the true natural born leaders of mankind and destroyed them in one way or the other. If caulbearers were allowed to fulfil the God given purpose in life and be accepted by the people as leaders we would heal this Earth and guide all mankind into a fulfilled life of peace living in harmony with nature. If the governments want peace and security they should put caulbearers in charge.

Or Native Americans.

Phyllis Doyle Burns

People fear that which they do not understand.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
L
Shark
Shark
L
people also laugh at the ridiculous.

I was born with a caul and please note that Peter John does not talk for me. I have no delusins of grandeur or schizophrenic ambitions of universal domination. I am no more 'special' than any of God's creatures. And I have no wish to be.

Interesting conversation, but quite a departure from the original topic I would think. I just read an interesting article on angels as aliens. I don't have the link on this pc, but you could google it.

RavynG

LadyLvsNyt
I agree we should get back to the original subject of this thread. Very well said, RavynG.

Other than yourself, do you know any other caulbearers? Do they have any special gifts?

Have you visited Shannon's "Dover Graye Forum"? It is a very interesting site.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
L
Shark
Shark
L
I have some gifts, but I do not think I am any more special than anyone else could be. it is a matter of knowing your gifts and developing them further. Yes i have see Shannon's site and it is interesting.

I think in this time of uncertainty in the world people are looking for something to give them hope. Unfortunately humans seem to have the 'gift' of lookng right thru the gifts and searching for smething else. we don't need a savior--we got ourselves into this mess and we can get ourselves out--with a lot of hard work! we don't need a magic wand. we have the power within us. remember the ruby slippers? we had them on the whole time!

RavynG

LadyLvsNyt
Speak for your self I am sure many people would disagree with you. It is the governments around this world who have gotten us into this mess with their greed. If more people came out against the establishments and their secrete societies the world would be more able to cope with the coming uncertainties. The only hope for mankind is for a complete turn around by the governments and allow the natural born to guide the way forward with love and understanding. Not to stand by and watch while they rape and pillage the earth in the name of profit. There is a Saviour coming and whether you like it or not He is going to sort the mess out with or without you at His side.

Now we are getting way off the original subject and intent of this thread. As an editor of BellaOnline, I know that each thread has a purpose, a question or subject to stick with and rules to follow. BellaOnline's rules for each forum does not tolerate criticism of other members. Please stay on the original subject line and adhere to the rules. If you wish to discuss politics or governmental issues, please go to the appropriate forum and pose your questions or thoughts there.

The original question Shannon posed was "Do You Know a Caulbearer". She did not ask for debates or criticism or long drawn out thoughts on the status of the world.

Please stick with the original subject.

Last edited by Phyllis, NA and Folk; 05/05/09 01:41 PM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
I am curious. Are there usually more than one caulbearer in the same family or within the extended family? What do your family members think about caulbearers? Do they treat you differently?
Do you still have your caul? How did you find out you were a caulbearer?

Lots of questions, I know, but just curious.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
I just noticed that I missed an entire page of replies, so I have deleted my post, referencing posts which seem to be moot now. I will try and get back to this thread soon!

Last edited by Shannon L. Wolf; 05/09/09 07:39 PM.
N
N
I was born with a caul. I'd actually forgotten until I just happened upon this thread. My mother gave birth to me in 1976 and when the midwife saw the caul on my head, she asked my mother whether she wanted to keep it or not. My mother knew nothing of cauls at the time and said no. It was only afterwards she was told by friends and families she should have kept it. In Ireland at that time sailors used to pay a fortune for a caul, believing that they would never drown as a result. That midwife may have sold the caul on.

But I have to say I'm embarrassingly ignorant about the caul. Are caulbearer's such as myself meant to be different in some way? I was always a bright child growing up and found school, and later University, to be easy enough. Although I never pushed myself (I didn't have to) and as a result I've kind of underachieved. My only ever understanding of someone who was born with a caul was that he/she was deemed to be a 'lucky' child. I seem to remember being told that. But I lost my then only son, Craig, in 2006 to a terminal brain tumour. So I'm certainly not lucky.

I have since drifted into becoming a reiki and reflexology healer but only because when Craig died I needed to embrace a greater truth and investigate the more metaphysical beliefs out there. I wanted to find my son; know where he is - how he is?

I'm going to check out this caul business more thoroughly now that it's fresh in my mind.

I admire your dedication to spiritual growth and your truths. You will find your son, through spirit. When a loved one dies, the love does not die with it and it carries us on to reconnect. You will find that connection in your heart and through your faith.

From what I know of caulbearers, they have abilities lying within them that can be brought out with proper training. You have chosen a path (Reiki and healing) which will help you with the training you need and in the search for your son. My only suggestion is to not look too far for him, for he may be nearer than you think.

Last edited by Phyllis, NA and Folk; 05/14/09 04:49 PM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
[quote=Peter Johns]Lilith I will ask the question on the mountain who she is and where she came from and where she is now? [/quote] Back from the mountain with answers. Lilith is the daughter of Adam born from the 1st woman whom God removed and placed on Her own Earth. It is said in Angel circles that the perfect woman gave birth to twins one boy and one girl. They were born sinless. Lucifer lusted after Lilith and took her with him to the void, it was Adams daughter Lilith that caused Eve to sin and in turn cause the downfall of mankind. God confined Lilith to Earth because of her love for Lucifer. She is responsible for carrying out many evils here on earth. Lilith is the soon to be anti Christ that the world is expecting.

L
Shark
Shark
L
Dear Peter John,
do you happen to have any references that support your explanation of Lilith? The only other description of I have ever heard of Lilith being some sort of anti-Christ is in the tv show 'Supernatural'. The Jews believe Lilith was Adam's first wife who would not submit to male sexual domination and left Adam to take up with demons. Some modern pagan groups view her as a dark goddess. And some modern feminists see her as a hero for their cause. You definitely have a unique approach to the Fundamentalistic Millennialists' 'Left-Behind' apocalyptic fad.

RavynG

LadyLvsNyt
[quote=LadyLvsNyt]Dear Peter John, do you happen to have any references that support your explanation of Lilith? RavynG [/quote] The only reference I have is one of the spiritual gifts I am developing as a caulbearer. The spiritual ability to worship God alongside the gathering of Angels when on Gods mountain.

B
B
I was born with a caul and so was my first son, my father was the seventh son of a seventh son, some caulbearers seem to need to want to group all caulbearers together and involve them in a hierachy system which to my mind is controlling that what should be free from all shackles, many caulbearers have the gift of "knowing" this frightens the establishment, nothing can be hid from us and we should never be afraid to make our knowledge known for the benfit of the world. It is everyones responsibility to free themselves from being one of the "Governments Children"

Tiger
Tiger
fishHi beau carrel, welcome to the BellaOnline Forum and GLAD to see you have startd to post. Awesome!

M
M
I was born a caulbearer and did not really know until a few years ago what this entailed, I went through most of the experiances described on some web sites,though at the time thought it ws just me, i did not realise it was because of the caul birth. Also would be happy to discribe them if anyone is still following this topic and interested

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
I get a strong sense that being a Caulbearer actually gives a VERY enlightened being the permission to carry out their path.

Like the birth or the extra skin itself isn't what divines their Spirit. They were already divine and in my opinion would most likely have a time of it in this world.

Regardless, the way the birth ends up presenting itself, sort of sets the stage for what it is they came here in this lifetime to do. Kind of like a grand entrance that people should pay attention to smile

Last edited by Elleise - Clairvoyance; 10/24/11 11:45 PM.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
This is a very interesting post/thread. I didn't know this before. Why is this word so uncommon? The word caul or caulbearer is rarely used...

C
C
Hi Shannon, I know you from my facebook page. I am a caulbearer, as my name states, and my new NON-FICTION book has just been released. Don't want to pitch it in here, would not be right, but can be googled. lol. To any one searching for what we are all about, that is why I wrote my book. More interesting is what we are NOT. Caulbearers are not psychics, we are very psychic plus many more abilities, my book de-bunks all of the myths and superstitions you may have heard of. It is a wonderful and miraculous thing to be born with a veil, I still have mine in my little glass jar. Caulbearers are godly people, it has nothing to do with satan or any of his little gangs. Trust in yourself, dig deep within your own heart and soul and you will find the gifts God intended you to possess.

[quote=caulbearer70years]Hi Shannon, I know you from my facebook page. I am a caulbearer, as my name states, and my new NON-FICTION book has just been released. Don't want to pitch it in here, would not be right, but can be googled. lol. To any one searching for what we are all about, that is why I wrote my book. More interesting is what we are NOT. Caulbearers are not psychics, we are very psychic plus many more abilities, my book de-bunks all of the myths and superstitions you may have heard of. It is a wonderful and miraculous thing to be born with a veil, I still have mine in my little glass jar. Caulbearers are godly people, it has nothing to do with satan or any of his little gangs. Trust in yourself, dig deep within your own heart and soul and you will find the gifts God intended you to possess. [/quote] Hello there, lovely folks! It's been a very long time since I posted here, I've been very busy with managing my health, and with my websites and other ventures, but hope to revitalize this thread! Yes, Deirdre I remember you. I've spoken with over a hundred caul bearers, and some are psychic; some have other gifts of the sixth sense. "Godly". Hm. I'm not sure what you mean? Some caul bearers are religious, but most aren't especially attached to any sort of religious following -- they instead follow the inner need to "save the world before it's too late." Though, many like myself do believe that Jesus was a very special Teacher. They (we) are in touch with Spirit, which can manifest in many ways. But most caul bearers are burdened with frightening images; not because they endorse satan, but because we are here to raise the vibrations of the earth, and to do so effectively, we must understand our opposition. For me, religion tends to block some gifts, as some gifts are considered by the church to be "evil." One thing that is vital for caul bearers to commit to is the effort to not feel that they are "above" others; to not allow their egos to take hold of the "caul bearer" title. I have witnessed this among the many I've had the pleasure of knowing, and find it quite undignified! We are here not to hover above others in a saintly or Godly manner, but are instead here to serve mankind. Being of service to others can be a brutal task, as we open ourselves up to much misunderstanding and abuse. We teach others through our actions, and many become unnerved by our honesty. But, we teach freely and openly, but tend to be shy, quiet and reserved in crowds. Crowds emit so many energy frequencies, that we quickly become overwhelmed and exhausted. I would be happy to answer any questions that anyone has about the caul and caul bearers! It is always my pleasure... :) Love and Light to all... Shannon (I have to fix my site link here, as the url has changed!)

B
B
We are not here to serve mankind, we serve a higher cause which may benefit those who seek the way, but those who do not will continue to fall further from grace.

[quote=beau carrel] I was born with a caul and so was my first son, my father was the seventh son of a seventh son, some caulbearers seem to need to want to group all caulbearers together and involve them in a hierachy system which to my mind is controlling that what should be free from all shackles, many caulbearers have the gift of "knowing" this frightens the establishment, nothing can be hid from us and we should never be afraid to make our knowledge known for the benfit of the world. It is everyones responsibility to free themselves from being one of the "Governments Children" [/quote] Hi Beau...I'm sorry you feel that if caul bearers are united that an automatic hierarchy system would be created -- and some kind of controlling force would take over. My sites are not that way at all. :) I have had a couple of members out of hundreds that left not-so-happy because I am all about kindness and compassion, which is the foundation of the group. If members come in and create big dramas, make unfounded accusations about other members, or are in general disrespectful and disruptive, they are asked to leave. They leave unhappy because they don't understand why their behaviors are unwelcomed...which of course is a part of the problem. I don't wish to unite "all" caul bearers -- the cbs that are in a place of chronic negativity don't mix well with those on the path of compassion. Each cb has their own unique gifts and purposes...but so many are lost in a state of fear and confusion and are so happy to find my groups, where they can share and be validated as human beings. Being among others who understand them is releasing them from the shackles that society has put them in. It's a beautiful thing to see! :lovers: -Shannon

R
R
Hi Shannon my names Rayaliisa & I am a caul bearer. My mum told me when I was young that I was born with a caul over my head & face she said that the Scottish midwife who delivered me told her that I was safe from drowning &that sailors paid good money for the caul. It wasn't till just recently that I found out that caulbearers had gifts & that it was quite normal. I have had visions dreams & intuitive feelings all my life so much so that I was labelled schitzophrenic & have been in & out of the psych ward from age 17 (now 36). Finally I feel complete with the knowing that I am a caulbearer, not some weird person that can't be accepted by others. Thank you to all that have posted info on the web about caulbearers it has dramatically chan ged my life

Last edited by Rayaliisa; 01/20/14 04:46 PM.
L
L
Hi I learned probably in my mid twenties, I was born with an extra sac over my entire head,and yes I'm scottish however I moved to Canada in 1988, it was only recently that I became aware the sac was reffered to as a 'caul' I am a male 52 years old, and I have always,always had very vivid dreams, the one that got me the most was the tusami,I saw (dreamt) every detail of that event roughly two days before it occured,I have kept a journal of my dreams, for about the past four years, more so for fun than anything else, recently in the past six months or so, I have been hearing my name being called when there is no one around, on Jan 13 2014 (my b/day) I was startled by what I thought was a women standing next me in my bathroom as I shaved, my wife asked me what I was doing, I laughed and said I thought you were right next me, through that week I saw an obit for an old friend who died on Jan 13th 2014 she was only 48yrs old and I hadn't seen her in years ,I guess Im asking, if this kind of thing happens to others, the dream thing I'm used to the voices and now what seems like visits is new? From an early age probably four or five I have a very vivid recall even to this day of what I can only describe as an indian, possible mayan type man big strong bare chested red skinned very intense looking man beating on a drum about waist high,struck me as the knda fella you don't mess around with, the reason I add this last comment as living in Scotland, there wasn't too many big drum beating males around that matched my recall,when I moved to Canada and my first Calgary Stampede I saw the same colour of people, please don't take this comment as racist,Im just trying to paint a picture of wee four year old in Scotland with a black and white tv no concept of what a red indian looked liked.

U
U
Hello, my name is Joe, I was born with a Caul over my face. I am responding to a posted question: "Do you know a Caulbearer?" as I research my what it truly means to be a Caulbearer. I've had a very exciting life that continues to gain excitement. While this experience for my life has been exciting I have always desired for more knowledge of who I am and what I am alive to accomplish. I too have had some of the same experiences stated here regarding being in the presence of moving tables. There's been on condemnation by any churches nor individuals. I will close by saying that as I now investigate more knowledge on this subject my dreams and experiences of a supernatural nature are increasing. I hope someone here might relate ideas that I can use to make contact with other Caulbearers.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Deena - Paranormal Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.