Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Originally Posted By: Phyllis, NA and Folk

You wonder why he was so criticized. Well...he was a healer and many times healed one of us kids when the doctor's could not. It was just his wisdom and knowledge of some things that probably frightened people. Like - he knew when someone was coming to visit, he knew the weather coming up long before the weathermen did, he knew when we should not go to certain places and he prayed more than anyone I have ever known...and then there was the time in Church when my Dad and Grandfather actually raised a table off the floor. That did not set well with the congregation or the pastor and they were banned from the church.

Your father's story, and stories like it always leave my jaw on the floor, Phyllis. Especially when coming from the church - the place believers go for counsel and acceptance. Was it not Jesus who said, "I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father."

According to the Christian bible, Jesus:

~Healed the sick (Matthew 4:23; Luke 6:19)
~Raised the dead (John 11:43, 44; Matthew 9:25)
~Multiplied food (Matthew 14:20, 21; John 6:11)
~Walked through walls (John 20:19)
~Disappeared (Luke 24:31)
~Walked through people (Luke 20:30)
~Ascended (Levitated) (John 3:13; Mark 16:19)
~Turned one substance into another-water into wine (John 2:9)
~Walked on water (Matthew 14:25)
~Controlled weather (Matthew 8:26)

It just makes me wonder what this quote and these instances truly mean to pastors/members of the church, particularly when they actually see it happening to "normal" people. I'm stunned by the way fear keeps most people paralyzed; keeps people away from believing what their own religion teaches; morphing it into something horrific. This, sadly, is how a rooted belief in dichotomy twists truth into fear; light into darkness.

Your father was blessed with gifts from the Creator. It pleases you and me that he is finally able to share them without fear and torment. And it pleases me that you have the fortune of receiving them. smile

Shay

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Phyllis, reading your posts about your Father and the church immediately brought this phrase to mind.

"Oh yee of little minds"

No idea where that came from, maybe you will know.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Originally Posted By: lcp012586
Phyllis, reading your posts about your Father and the church immediately brought this phrase to mind.

"Oh yee of little minds"

No idea where that came from, maybe you will know.

I have heard that phrase many times, Icp. I do not know where it originally came from, but I bet Shay would. There is also the phrase, similar, "Oh, ye of little faith", which is one of my favorites. Faith is a very mysterious thing to many people, but, for those who have it, it is what keeps us strong.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Hm. Yes, I have heard "Oh, ye of little faith," but I do like the "little minds" rendition! I'm guessing that it's an offshoot, but essentially means the same thing, I think - particularly when it comes to having faith in what is happening before you, that the mind may not be able to comprehend.

Shay

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I didn't see the pieces of the caul on my daughter. I had my doula and a nurse keeping me from passing out. The midwife that cleaned her said there were parts of a caul on her hands and arms. But I did see it on my sons head and face and it scared me because i was afraid he would sufficate.

I think my kids see spirits because i have never taught them it is "just their imagination" like a lot of kids are told. The book by Sylvia Brown called "Psychic Children" is a very good perspective on clairvoyance and abilities in children.

Jeanette Stingley - Women's Lit
http://womenslit.bellaonline.com
I have never read Sylvia Brown's book on "Psychic Children". She is a good author and I like her - I think she is a very sincere and honest person. I must get the book. Thanks, Jeanette.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
HELLO MY NAME IS NICOLE AND I WAS BORN IN 1970 WITH A CAUL COVERING MY ENTIRE FACE. MY GRANDMOTHER AND MOTHER REMOVED MY CAUL VERY VERY CAREFULLY, I STILL HAVE THE 2 HOLES ON THE BACK OF EACH EAR TO PROVE IT. MY MOM IS STILL IN POSSESSION OF MY CAUL. I REALIZED I HAD A GIFT WHEN I WAS 13 YRS OLD. I HAD ALWAYS HAD CRAZY DREAMS AS A KID, BUT NEVER A CLEAR VISION WHILE I WAS AWAKE AND IT SCARED ME. I TOLD MY MOM AND SHE SAID...WE WERE WAITING FOR WHEN YOUR GIFT WOULD SHOW. I HAVE HONED IN ON MY GIFT NOW SINCE 1983 AND I CAN SEE PAST EVENTS VERY VERY CLEAR LIKE A MOVIE, BUT I CAN ONLY SEE GLIMPSES OF FUTURE EVENTS, ITS NOT VERY CLEAR TO ME.I CAN SEE PEOPLE I HAVE NEVER MET BEFORE IN THE PAST AND THEY CALL ME NATASHA :confused:. I GATHER BY THE CLOTHES THE PEOPLE ARE WEARING, THE ERA IS PROBABLY 1700`S AND THE PLACE IS ROMANIA. THE SMELLS THAT I EXPERIENCE WHEN I SEE VISIONS OF PAST ARE SO DANK AND ALMOST NAUSEATING SOMETIMES. WHAT IS THAT?

Last edited by Third Eye Light Medium; 03/22/09 04:40 AM.
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Hi there Nicole,

It appears that you are having past life memories, in which your name was Natasha. What most people don't know is that the sense of smell is one of our most significant senses. It's the first sense we experience being born, and the last one we experience upon death. Our sense of smell connects us to the world around us in ways that surpass the other 4 senses.

If your past life was in the 1700's, this was long before daily baths, deodorant, dental heigene, indoor plumbing and septic systems, and garbage control. Those were very smelly times to live in! Clearly, you recall the bad smells just as clearly as the visual scenes.

I have a forum designed just for caulbearers, if you would like to join!

Shannon

I just sent a reader of mine to your site, Shannon. She says she is a caulbearer and had some questions. I love your Dover Graye site!!!

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Oh, thank you Phyllis! smile I'll have to check in and see if she has dropped by...

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Deena - Paranormal Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.