Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Originally Posted By: Phyllis, NA and Folk
You are right on with the secret of it, Shay. I believe my Father kept it to himself just for the reason of people thinking he was something evil. My Father was a very spiritual man and a very old soul, very loving. He had alcohol problems and often stayed up in the kitchen all night simply because no one understood him, his abilities or his spirituality. At an early age, I could see that he had special gifts. I tried one night to approach him and I startled him so much that he thought I was a spirit. I never approached him during those times again because of that and I only watched him from afar and listened to him. I wish I had asked him to teach me Gaelic. He taught me many things regarding spirituality and some of his gifts, but, generally kept it to himself so he would not be termed crazy.

This is heartbreaking, Phyllis - in a mixture of ways. The soul rendering beauty of such a sensitive relationship between father and daughter; and the ache of the inability for either one of you to enter his world, together. I can only imagine the torment your father endured, and yours at being so small and not being able to reach him.

Such a shame how superstitions can cause so much damage in folks lives.

Shay

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Hi After reading this thread I would like to introduce my self. I am a 54 year old caulbearer. I have come through many experiences which would have turned many a normal person into raving alcoholic and driven many to suicide. I believe this is due to my spirituality and strength of character given as a gift at birth. I too speak with what I call the tongue of Angels this is because when I pray I feel I am on a mountain surrounded by them. I firmly believe I have a special ability to heal cats as many I have prayed for recover from serious illnesses. I could go on for ever telling you my experiences. I look forward to a lasting relation ship with this forum and hope it lasts longer than other paranormal sites I have felt it necessary to leave due to lack of understanding about caulbearers and who we are.

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Peter, just want to welcome you to the forum, We hope that you will enjoy your stay!
Rosie

Rosie L
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Hi Peter,
Thank you for responding to my thread! I believe you when you say you have many gifts, and that these gifts have gotten you through many hard times. And that you have the healing abilities that come with the caul. I hope you feel comfortable to share more of your stories here. I would also like to invite you, and all who read this post, to join my forum on my (brand new!) Dover Graye Website. Dover Graye is my novel about a boy born with the caul. Please stop in!

Debut Novel, Dover Graye

Shay

Peter, it is nice to hear from you and read about your gifts. It is always good to hear from one who has abilities like yours.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
[quote=Shay_LoveYourTummyThis is heartbreaking, Phyllis - in a mixture of ways. The soul rendering beauty of such a sensitive relationship between father and daughter; and the ache of the inability for either one of you to enter his world, together. I can only imagine the torment your father endured, and yours at being so small and not being able to reach him.

Such a shame how superstitions can cause so much damage in folks lives.

Shay [/quote]

I truly believe, Shay, that this is the reason I am so spiritually close to my Father now that he is gone from Mother Earth - and also why my path has taken me ever closer to spiritual strengths and awareness. In life he was criticized and turned to alcohol for solace - his spiritual journey continues now with peace and ever more wisdom.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Phyllis, I'm intrigued by your father's spirituality. I can't help but wonder what he ever did to provoke such criticism. He sounds like an amazing soul, who will always be with you, and now that he is no longer bound to the rules of society, can give you more of himself now than he ever could. What a beautiful gift.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
My son was born with a caul over his head, he is 8 now soon to be 9. He hasn't shown any abilities yet other then his facination and obsession with Buddhism and meditation (yes my 8 year old meditates, has done so since he was 5 and saw me doing it). My midwife said my daughter had what looked like a caul on her hands and most of her arms. I don't know if that means anything. I believe she sees spirits. She has several "imaginary friends". One she calls her sister and her sister's name is Amy. I have never seen Amy for myself though. There was a spirit when we first moved into our apartment that to me looked like an old man. But to both of the kids, he would scare the [censored] out of them by as my son said "making scary monster faces" at them. i smudged the house and protected the bedroom where they slept. One night I heard someone say "you're no fun" in the living room. We haven't seen him since.

Jeanette Stingley - Women's Lit
http://womenslit.bellaonline.com
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Jeanette - you have given birth to not one, but two caulbearers! Wow, I wonder what the chances of that are. Typically the caul is around the head and face, but I believe it can be attached anywhere on the body.

You have an amazingly spiritual family, there. I've never met a little boy who has taken so immediately and comfortably to Buddhism and meditation as your son has - and you all seem sensitive to spirits. Sounds like you cleansed the apartment of the old man though, which is good, even if he thought you were "no fun" for doing it! I don't guess you all found his antics very "fun" either, though. :-P

Shay

Originally Posted By: Shay_LoveYourTummy
Phyllis, I'm intrigued by your father's spirituality. I can't help but wonder what he ever did to provoke such criticism. He sounds like an amazing soul, who will always be with you, and now that he is no longer bound to the rules of society, can give you more of himself now than he ever could. What a beautiful gift.

Thank you, Shay, for the beautiful encouragement and understanding.

Yes, I do feel closer to him now and know that he is free of the grounded criticism which held him back. He helps me now in many ways.

You wonder why he was so criticized. Well...he was a healer and many times healed one of us kids when the doctor's could not. It was just his wisdom and knowledge of some things that probably frightened people. Like - he knew when someone was coming to visit, he knew the weather coming up long before the weathermen did, he knew when we should not go to certain places and he prayed more than anyone I have ever known...and then there was the time in Church when my Dad and Grandfather actually raised a table off the floor. That did not set well with the congregation or the pastor and they were banned from the church.

Last edited by Phyllis, NA and Folk; 03/09/09 02:56 PM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Deena - Paranormal Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.