Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#492159 02/08/09 10:32 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I've been writing a lot based on what comes to me. I figure that if something is really pulling on my heart, that means somebody probably needs the article that I'm writing.

But, I'm only human - so just in case;

What do you guys need or want to read about on the Spirituality site?

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Gecko
Gecko
L
I'd like to figure out how to develop spirituality that comes from within (as Lisa S. talked about in a post) vs. having spiritual doctrine imposed upon me. Too often I look outward for answers when, from what sages throughout history have taught, we hold all of the answers inside us already.

How do we tap into this?

I'd love to read about other people's spiritual journeys. Or comparisons of different spiritual paths. Meditation techniques. Retreats? You do a good job with your articles already, Michelle (sanctuaries, candlelight, hope...)

I love it.

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Originally Posted By: Spirituality&SFFMoviesEd
I've been writing a lot based on what comes to me. I figure that if something is really pulling on my heart, that means somebody probably needs the article that I'm writing.

Michelle, that statement shows a part of your spirituality. Very nice. I sometimes feel the need to write on a certain subject because of the same reason you stated.

I love to read about the spirituality in all things. The Native American traditional peoples believe that their religion is their spirituality. To me, spirituality is involved in so much that you could write forever on the subject.

Like, for instance, the "spirituality of a child". If a child does not understand what spirituality is, does that mean they do not have any spirituality within them? That is thought provoking. smile

Last edited by Phyllis, NA and Folk; 02/25/09 01:35 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Originally Posted By: Lori-Marriage
I'd like to figure out how to develop spirituality that comes from within (as Lisa S. talked about in a post) vs. having spiritual doctrine imposed upon me. Too often I look outward for answers when, from what sages throughout history have taught, we hold all of the answers inside us already.

How do we tap into this?

I'd love to read about other people's spiritual journeys. Or comparisons of different spiritual paths. Meditation techniques. Retreats? You do a good job with your articles already, Michelle (sanctuaries, candlelight, hope...)

I love it.

Lori, Michelle is a great mentor on spirituality. And Shay is very good on the subject of Taoism, which is a philosophy of life. Michelle has some really good articles on the subject of spirituality. I have an article on the Spirituality of Native Americans that might help you get started on your own search/path. the link is:

Native American Spirituality

Kenneth (Bear Hawk) Cohen has some great books that have really helped me in the past, and still do. Read "Honoring The Medicine" to help tap in to your own beliefs and feelings.

Michelle can write a book on this subject and I wish she would.

I plan to write a book (I am organizing my notes on it) on my own spiritual journey. I have written down so much over the years and thought I would compile it into my spiritual journey. Start writing down everything that you feel pertains to your beliefs, feelings, etc. in journals. You will be surprised what comes out of your mind when you do this. Sometimes I will begin to write down one thought and before I know it, I have several pages of spirit directed thoughts on paper.

Last edited by Phyllis, NA and Folk; 02/25/09 02:14 PM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
L
Gecko
Gecko
L
I would love to read your book when you publish it, Phyllis.

I have always had this affinity for Native Americans and their closeness to nature and this good earth. Theirs is the path of a true human being.

Thanks, Lori. I am not trying to sway you one way of the other, I just feel that the Native American spirituality has a good base for anyone who chooses to learn about it. Being in Harmony and Balance with Nature is a strong belief of Native Americans.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
LOL - I think Phyllis is about to turn into my press manager! grin

I love the idea of spirituality and children - I am definitely going to have to explore that one.

I have been almost scared to touch the spirituality of the Native Americans - or the tribal Africans, for the same reason - they are so deep. I don't know that I have enough wisdom to tackle either one of those.

I'm still a relative baby to all of this.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Michelle, I think once you start research and writing on either Native American or African tribal spirituality, you will find something there that will just flow out of you and onto your paper (or computer). I think a lot of people shy away from these spiritual beliefs for the exact reason you mentioned - I could write an article every day and still not make much of a dent in the subject. But, just taking little bits at a time will bring out some things you never thought about.

I would love to read your thoughts on the spirituality of children.

When my son was three years old, he suffered horribly from asthma. Often I had to sit all night and hold him in an upright position just so he could breathe and many times rushed him to hospital to have him put in an oxygen tent and sit beside him there. One night, when I was holding him and began dozing off, he opened his eyes and said, "Mommie, if I die, please don't put me in the ground where I could not breathe, put me in the sea where I can swim to Heaven." Talk about a spiritual moment! I never prayed so hard in my life for healing and I prayed the rest of the night for God to heal my baby. I consider it a miracle that my son is now a very healthy and active man.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
R
R
Hi, I am completely new here. So if I make a mistake or have wrong room? just let me no. I just need to know when to recognise coinencidence and something that is possibly someone trying to tell you something. My daughter passed away June 10, 2010. Starting with last Saturday a string of strange? events took place. I have done what I think she wanted. But okay I feel a little weird. Help here lol.

R
R
sorry 2009

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Debbie-SpiritualityEditor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.